R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #61
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bob,

Thanks for working with Parma on this. What a pleasant surprise. About 3 years ago I was scouring the internet and ebay looking for one of these in good shape, let alone unpainted. I just bought 4 of them, and cannot wait to paint one up for my restored RC12e.

Thank you,

Ben
bladeszx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #62
Tech Initiate

By the way Bob,

If Parma has any of the older Can-Am molds from the late 70's early 80's like in the adds below, those would also be awesome to resurrect. Wink, Wink
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage 1/12th, Stormer Brings back the Schkee-parma-1-12_1-80%25.jpg   Vintage 1/12th, Stormer Brings back the Schkee-parma-1-12_2-80%25.jpg  
Old 01-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeszx2 View Post
Bob,

Thanks for working with Parma on this. What a pleasant surprise. About 3 years ago I was scouring the internet and ebay looking for one of these in good shape, let alone unpainted. I just bought 4 of them, and cannot wait to paint one up for my restored RC12e.

Ben
Thank you, Truly, on these, it's a labor of love. Makes me happy to see them go to people that enjoy them.

Quote:
By the way Bob,

If Parma has any of the older Can-Am molds from the late 70's early 80's like in the adds below, those would also be awesome to resurrect. Wink, Wink
That's how we get somebody shot... :P~~~ (me) be about impossible, mostly from a storage standpoint. These aren't like a regular race body where you bash the tar out of them and a get a few new ones every year, so it justifys stocking a few hundred. Only so many guys interested in buying an obscure old 1/12th body. If you add 32 bodys to the mix, now you've diluted the sale of a vintage body 32 times, and you have to stock, store and pay for 32 more styles to reduce sales the 32 times. That's a recipe that just can't work. Sadly.

I think we could find one or two as time goes on. I've got my eye on a few things, and I've got another one done, and in house, ready to ship. i'm painting it first before we talk about it and announce it. Nothing earth shaking, just important to me.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #64
Tech Champion

Maybe take an idea from the slot car guys and do limited production runs...when that sells out do a different one in a limited production run.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #65
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
By the way Bob,

No Corvettes? but that Lancia Strato would be nice.

Steve McGeorge
Mac The Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #66
Tech Initiate

Yeah, I know it wouldn't make much business sense. It's too bad current 1/12 racing doesn't have rules that drive for more realistic bodies. It's still great you're selling the Schkee though. I'm actually building a road track in my back yard, it's about 1/3 paved so far, so I can race vintage 1/12 on-road cars. I'm about 2 years away, and can't wait to run these types of cars on it. Also, you mentioned the BBR Lotec. I have older RCCA magazines that have your old ads with 7 or 8 different BBR bodies. Was that a local company that you worked with or your own bodies. I would love to get a hold of some of the old BBR 1/12 bodies, they looked really cool.

Anyways, I look forward to the next body you're working on.

Ben
Old 01-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah, I know it wouldn't make much business sense. It's too bad current 1/12 racing doesn't have rules that drive for more realistic bodies. It's still great you're selling the Schkee though. I'm actually building a road track in my back yard, it's about 1/3 paved so far, so I can race vintage 1/12 on-road cars. I'm about 2 years away, and can't wait to run these types of cars on it. Also, you mentioned the BBR Lotec. I have older RCCA magazines that have your old ads with 7 or 8 different BBR bodies. Was that a local company that you worked with or your own bodies. I would love to get a hold of some of the old BBR 1/12 bodies, they looked really cool.

Ben
I have 14 different classic 1/12th bodies

http://takomokei.com/index.php?main_...ort=20a&page=1

and D-Drive has more

http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...45d9b82a498b5a

Lots of classic bodies out there but its nice to see Parma bodies also
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
I have 14 different classic 1/12th bodies

http://takomokei.com/index.php?main_...ort=20a&page=1

and D-Drive has more

http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...45d9b82a498b5a

Lots of classic bodies out there but its nice to see Parma bodies also
The 917 is BEAUTIFUL!!!

The D-Drive C-100 is cool as well.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Quote:

Ben
I remember running BBR Lotecs, and Ferrari WSC bodies. Their NPT Nissan 10th scale body was pretty decent too.

The Fast Fashion Nissan was one of my favorite race bodies, as was the Bolink 962.

And I loved the HPI Jaguar XJR-14. It wasn't the best handler, but I had one painted up like the Silk Cut Grp. C car, and another like Davy Jones Bud Light sponsored GTP car.

Ahh the old days. I remember Neal Everhart did a concours winning Bob Wollek, Miller HIGH LIFE 962 that was probably the most beautiful RC car I've ever seen.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:59 AM   #70
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
By the way Bob,

I see my scans at RC10talk are spreading.
I have the Ralt and Sorbello from that Parma catalogue. Also have BBR Lotec, TOJ, Schkee, Parma Osella.
All of them I like more than the current 1/12th bodies.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #71
V12
Tech Elite

Regarding BBR I think that was Black Box Racing in California. I also remember their ads, maybe have to look for them in some old magazines.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:07 AM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Always enjoyed the look of a 917.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #73
Tech Regular

Just noted the 3d.... Great job Bob!

I do have the "original" one, still in the bag, plus a the Bolink 1/10 and a "concours" one I found ages ago on Ebay.

True enough, you're right.
There are some "differently young" enthusiast (i.e. over 40....) that will be extremely happy to drive again those ladies. But market is cruel... so, we're not to seen again the Parma 956, the Associated Lola T600...

Tamiya is now exploring the "retro" racing, with the 1/12 Toyota and the newer Porsche....

Probably we're a generation that "play" more than "race"..... I could remember we use to paint (still doing now) our models in a "reasonable" racing fashion, instead of all those "tribal" currently used...
Old 01-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #74
Tech Initiate

Thanks bakaguyjean,

I might just have to buy a few of those. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.

V12
Thanks for posting those scans. When I saw those I immediately had to save them and print them out for my office. Then a few days later I find out Bob has re-released the 1/12 Schkee. Talk about timing.

It's great to see other people that like more realistic looking 1/12 prototype/Can-Am/IMSA race cars.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #75
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post
No Corvettes? but that Lancia Strato would be nice.
What the what???

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote