R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-02-2005, 03:05 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to (V)r>??@uD@ Send a message via Yahoo to (V)r>??@uD@
Default XRAY T1FK compared to XRAY T1R

what are the real differnces?????

i know that the chassis is diff. the gear ratio, the bulkheads ,shorter arms, diff (front one way), and anything else i forget

So what would be the real differnce because i have had both and i didnt notcie anything different

Please tell me about some your thoughts on both cars?? Because people tell me that the T1FK is the best but i didnt notice

Regards
StAzIK
(V)r>??@uD@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:08 AM   #2
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Re: XRAY T1FK compared to XRAY T1R

Quote:
Originally posted by (V)r>?[email protected][email protected]
what are the real differnces?????

i know that the chassis is diff. the gear ratio, the bulkheads ,shorter arms, diff (front one way), and anything else i forget

So what would be the real differnce because i have had both and i didnt notcie anything different

Please tell me about some your thoughts on both cars?? Because people tell me that the T1FK is the best but i didnt notice

Regards
StAzIK
FK and R at the end
Old 01-02-2005, 03:10 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Default hahaha

LOL but any more help^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-02-2005, 03:18 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Lightened parts, like the driveshafts

Chazz
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:27 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Default yer but.....

but if there thicker its stronger e.g does 3 inch tail shaft break as easy as a 1inch tail shaft nope.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:34 AM   #6
PaZ
Tech Master

it depends what they are made of, like titanium and composite plastic for example
CT Race Bodies
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to onebeatuptc3

if i remember right, the fk uses some spring steel, compared to aluminum or something. And there is a weight difference. also, the fk i believe can reciever a part that allows the use of a stick pack while the Raycer only allows saddle.

This is a good thread as im looking to get a new car soon, and was looking at the raycer/fk.
onebeatuptc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:32 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Raycer vs T1FK

The Raycer is a tub chassis, the T1FK is a Graphite Double deck chassis. The Raycer has long arms and 2.125 gear ratio where the T1FK has the short arms and 1.77 gear ratio. The raycer has all composite pieces where the T1FK has all graphite pieces. The diffs, the out drives and the dogbones are all made of the same material Hudy Spring Steel(equivlant to titanium). The ones on the T1FK have been lightened. Other then that they are the same. Parts are interchangeable between the 2 cars. Oh yes the bulkheads are different. The Raycer has the standard ones where the T1FK has the new lightened bulkheads.

You will not be dissapointed in either one. The Raycer can always be upgraded to T1FK status.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:48 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

A guy that I race with locally has reported that the Raycer chassis will flex when it gets warm - either from a motor, or on a hot parking lot. Can't confirm this since I've never run a T1R, but the source is reliable.

Just something to consider.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can you put the short arms on the T1R or evo2?
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NVisible
can you put the short arms on the T1R or evo2?
Yes the short arms will fit on the EVO2 but I do not believe they will fit on the Raycer. Due to the fact of the tub chassis.

Yes the Raycer tub chassis will flex alot more. I have not heard anyone having a problem with the chassis flexing too much from heat though. Maybe warp from the heat.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 11:39 AM   #12
Tech Regular

When choosing between the two remember this...Do you consider yourself a beginner or a seasoned RC'er. Usually a beginner will need a car that is more durable than is fast and light. Because you will be harder on the car and probably crash more until you are used to it.

Also it's easier to actually have less adjustments when you don't know how they effect things. Otherwise you may end up hating using the car because it becomes too complicated to adjust. Too many things to wrap your head around at one time can cause too much frustation.

Most high end cars are going the way of graphite, which is great for weight, but not for durability when it comes to wrecking a lot. Because of the weight and adjustability factor, the high end cars are usually the best for people that have a fair amount of experience. They will also be better when/if you start racing. Weight is very important when racing. So in that fact, you also have to consider if you are buying a car to race.

I guess the main thing I'm saying is make sure you consider what type of RC'er you are. You can always move up from a lower level car once you get used to that type of car, rather than starting with a too complex car, and then having it sitting on the shelf because you were having to mess with it more on setup than having fun running it.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:07 PM   #13
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to greencactus3

and of course you cant ignore the price tags. i currently have a t1r, very happy with it. havent noticed any flexing of the tub chassis when it gets warm, but i havent run it too hot yet. and you can always upgrade part by part. if you start to break things, just buy the fk parts. well except xray cars are very hard to break lol. havent broken anything of yet.
greencactus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:45 AM   #14
Tech Regular

Thanks guys and also i got the T1R over the T1FK because i know people that have T1r and are much better off not having to worry about did i crack the carbon or did i split it when in a smash

Anything else??? i like the replys
Old 01-03-2005, 06:44 AM   #15
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Main difference between these two cars - Marketed for different price points.

The T1 Raycer was designed to the entry level racer or basher that wanted to step up to a more modern design. It doesn't have all the bells and whisles of the T1 FT kit.

The Xray Factory team kit was designed for the seasoned racer, giving them all the tools to be competitive from the local races to national level. It has been engineered to be the best that it can be at the same price as the previous kit, the EVO 2 Freedom of Choice kit. As other people had said, it has short arm c-hub suspension, low 1.77 internal gear ratio, factory built ball dif with carbide dif balls AND carbide thrust bearing resulting in much smoother operation then previous steel versions, one-way front dif usually always used in large outdoor asphalt racing, every part has been redesigned to lighten up the chassis which results in faster lap times, and many more.

Can each kit be equally competitive on the track?? You bet. But if you can't see the difference in these two kits then you have a lot more to learn.

John