R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wollow86 View Post
72/34 could be tight. I'm running 75/29 on my XI and it's close. I could probably squeeze 30 in, but not 31. The pinion gets very close to the motor mount root.
I'm running a 72/35 in my Zero S with the vertical mount. It's tight, but just fine.
redbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #17
Tech Addict

I had a Zero S.
It had issues 'out of the box' & must have alot of upgrades to make it a decent car.
But parts are dirt cheap, upgrades are dirt cheap.

I NEEDED (not wanted) metal steering mech, turnbuckles, smaller layshaft pullies, metal layshaft assembly, the upgrade belts, the rear shock tower/body mount 416 hack etc etc

Would be a good car after all that.
1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
I had a Zero S.
It had issues 'out of the box' & must have alot of upgrades to make it a decent car.
But parts are dirt cheap, upgrades are dirt cheap.

I NEEDED (not wanted) metal steering mech, turnbuckles, smaller layshaft pullies, metal layshaft assembly, the upgrade belts, the rear shock tower/body mount 416 hack etc etc

Would be a good car after all that.

I find you do that with any cheap entry chassis. I did it to my Mi1, and my friend is doing it with his zero s. at least with the zero s everything is cheap. I haven't done much upgrading with the XI, it's already done. I guess that's an advantage of higher level chassis.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Lessen

I've only been racing since last spring but I run a pair of JRX R's (VTA and TC). Seems to be a solid chassis for both classes. I'm far from a great driver but there are a couple other Losi's at the local track that run pretty well too. I bought my first Type R a few years ago but I picked up my second one here on the boards for a nice price. I'm pretty sure there is a roller available around here. Check the JRX-S Type R thread.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I just picked up a TC6 on a deal, so that will be my 17.5 and my FT TC4 will become my vintage for a while.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessen View Post
I've only been racing since last spring but I run a pair of JRX R's (VTA and TC). Seems to be a solid chassis for both classes. I'm far from a great driver but there are a couple other Losi's at the local track that run pretty well too. I bought my first Type R a few years ago but I picked up my second one here on the boards for a nice price. I'm pretty sure there is a roller available around here. Check the JRX-S Type R thread.
I'm Losi-fied myself, but with a XXX-s instead. The car simply refuses to do anything wrong. Of course I work on the set-up and maintenance, but even a poorly set-up one with average maintenance will get around the track pretty well. It's my "go to" ride, it is so easy to drive it should be illegal...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by utah300rum View Post
I just picked up a TC6 on a deal, so that will be my 17.5 and my FT TC4 will become my vintage for a while.
Its a great chassis. you should have lots of fun with it. Remember to drive it like you stole it.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote