R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-31-2004, 07:43 AM   #1
X2
Tech Regular

Default Reedy real times...

Hi all. Does any body have any experience with reedy real time GP3300's? How would you compare them to orion/peak or other matchers on the track?

Cheers.
X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:06 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk! Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk! Junk!Junk!Junk!Junk!

Any questions Fell on there face in now time flat!
brianhackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:35 AM   #3
Tech Regular

They're not junk at all. Mine haven't gone flat at all. To answer your question: out on the track, I can't feel any difference between my new Orion, Peak, Reedy, Epic or Trinity packs. They all seem awesome out of the box and they all seem to have about the same life time.
NHRCRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:57 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Batteries

Aren`t they all the same GP3300 batteries?
mike fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 09:01 AM   #5
Tech Master

The batteries are made the same but each matcher has thier own zapping and conditioning methods that affect how the cells perform and how true the numbers on them are.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:02 AM   #6
X2
Tech Regular

Default Re: Batteries

Quote:
Originally posted by mike fleming
Aren`t they all the same GP3300 batteries?
Yes but with different matchers comes different matching techniques and different ways of treating the cells.
I ask about the reedys becuase I can get some at good prices, just wanted to know what everyones opinions on them are.
Any body else?
Thanks!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:21 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Being GPs are good cells and Reedy is a Respectable Matcher I dont see where you could go wrong.
If your paying more than $45.00-50.00USD a pack for them then I would have to say there is better options out there.
But if it's $45.00USD or below then yea it's a fair deal.
Goodluck Racing or Bashing with your new cells.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:28 AM   #8
X2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by TexRacer

Goodluck Racing or Bashing with your new cells.
Ill be racing
I have been using orion and RC power cells recently and have had good succes with them, the reason I have asked about the reedy's is because I can get them for 50 whereas the rrp is 61 (I live in the UK, everything is overpriced) but I havent really heard much about them. I understand its hard to compare numbers too, as the real times only take their numbers from the first 5 mins of discharge (hence the name-Real time).
Old 12-31-2004, 11:03 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Reedy batteries are amazing, i've got the real times and there great , best batteries i've ever had

Chazz
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:03 PM   #10
s2
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by X2
Ill be racing
I have been using orion and RC power cells recently and have had good succes with them, the reason I have asked about the reedy's is because I can get them for 50 whereas the rrp is 61 (I live in the UK, everything is overpriced) but I havent really heard much about them. I understand its hard to compare numbers too, as the real times only take their numbers from the first 5 mins of discharge (hence the name-Real time).
if your up for abit of importing you can probably pick them up for about 30notes, check out Precision rc cheap as chips, bobby dazzler etc

Last edited by s2; 12-31-2004 at 05:10 PM.
s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 06:28 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

aren't these cells' avg voltage just figured over the 5 minute race time? Or did I read it wrong on Reedy's site... Integy got ripped for doing that, now Reedy is doing it..
Old 12-31-2004, 09:51 PM   #12
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

I think Integy's problem is that they match at 20 amps verses the industry standard of 30 amps. Plus, Integy batteries were never really that good..at least the Integy packs I have bought were not.
Several guys at my track use the Reedy Real Time batteries and love them. I would have no hesitation in buying Reedy cells. The problem is there are rather hard to get in my area. No one carries them and I will not buy batteries through mail order as I cannot see the numbers!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:08 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

itegy didnt use a 5 minute dishcarge.. they cut the cell off when it hit its peak voltage... it wasnt an average.. it was what the cell hit at its highest point...
intsead of a full 5000 second runn off they would have cells from 2000-5000 seconds.. meaning if the cell peaked at 2 minutes, it was clicked there..

there cells could never be properly match as a consumer pack that way.. i bought a few a while back.. rematched them, and i think i could have gotten better cells at bulk price from mathcer selling single cells they matched.. meaning cells that didnt meet there sale numbers..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 01:16 AM   #14
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

If you're comparing them to the other "mainline" cells, they're fine. Their numbers are comparable and their performance matches up.

I don't like them, though.

I use PMR almost exclusively anymore. I do have three Realtime packs but they're relegated to practice and play. ProMatch gets all of my racing. Their numbers are lower than the Realtime's but have been consistent within PMR for a long time and their performance still kicks anyone else's.

Add to that the fact that they will assemble them any way you want (I use reverse saddle with 3" wire) for $3.00/pair and do a better job than anyone else's solder job I've ever seen. . .well, it's a good deal!
Old 01-01-2005, 08:35 AM   #15
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs
itegy didnt use a 5 minute dishcarge.. they cut the cell off when it hit its peak voltage... it wasnt an average.. it was what the cell hit at its highest point...
intsead of a full 5000 second runn off they would have cells from 2000-5000 seconds.. meaning if the cell peaked at 2 minutes, it was clicked there..
Wow - you are confused - I have no idea what you are trying to say there -

Integy has been doing exactly what Reedy is now doing. Integy cycles, zaps, cycles again like everyone else. Then they charge to peak, and discharge each cell to .9 volts. The average voltage is calculated over the first 375 seconds of the discharge curve, and the IR and runtime is calculated on the whole discharge time, down to .9v per cell.

Reedy is now doing the same process, only they are using 300 seconds. I said long ago that I thought this process was a good idea, since most races aren't using the last 100-150 seconds of the pack anyways - especially in stock, most offroad, etc.

The only problem lies in comparing one brand of pack to another.