R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   help with electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/587263-help-electronics.html)

alexinter7 01-13-2012 05:27 PM

help with electronics

Hi all, does anyone know how to tell if my esc or motor burned, when i press the throttle the motor twitches and stops for a few seconds and it twitches again, the electronics are from the stock hpi sprint 2 flux, so its a flux vapor esc and a flux vektor 5900kv motor, any help is appreciated

alexinter7 01-13-2012 08:51 PM

Come on guys, i really need help do you guys think the motor got ruined? How can i tell if its the motor or esc?

303slowdown 01-14-2012 12:28 AM

One way to tell if its the motor or esc is to hook a known good motor up and see if it works. If it does than its the motor. You could also pull the motor out and try to spin it by hand if it doesn't spin or is very hard to spin its probably the motor.

alexinter7 01-14-2012 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by 303slowdown (Post 10169024)
One way to tell if its the motor or esc is to hook a known good motor up and see if it works. If it does than its the motor. You could also pull the motor out and try to spin it by hand if it doesn't spin or is very hard to spin its probably the motor.

this is my first electric car so i dont have another motor i did take out the motor and it spins just like it used to do you think its the esc? I plug it to the battery and tje motor twitches and the esc gets hot real fast thanks for your help

303slowdown 01-14-2012 12:36 AM

Yah its probably the esc if its getting hot. Check to make sure their is no soldier or anything touching between soldier posts but yah the esc might be toast.

alexinter7 01-14-2012 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by 303slowdown (Post 10169034)
Yah its probably the esc if its getting hot. Check to make sure their is no soldier or anything touching between soldier posts but yah the esc might be toast.

I was reading posts and i read that running half throttle ruins the esc is this true? Cuz thats exactly how i was running my car

303slowdown 01-14-2012 12:56 AM

I don't know about that but I've never ran a sesorless esc only sesored. If you have a local hobby shop I would take the car to them and see if someone could look at it. Good luck

alexinter7 01-14-2012 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by 303slowdown (Post 10169063)
I don't know about that but I've never ran a sesorless esc only sesored. If you have a local hobby shop I would take the car to them and see if someone could look at it. Good luck

Thank you, i appreciate your help

vj3 01-20-2012 08:08 PM

Hi bro, I also have a problem with my tt01, using teu101bk esc and tamiya sport tune motor. first run. when i full throtel immediately and hold it all the way, it like ABS setup on. when i slowly increase the throtel, it's fine. I already turn off my ABS. Any advice? is it lost signal? or low battery? im using FlySky GT3B.
please help. Thanks.

texastc 01-20-2012 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by vj3 (Post 10203344)
Hi bro, I also have a problem with my tt01, using teu101bk esc and tamiya sport tune motor. first run. when i full throtel immediately and hold it all the way, it like ABS setup on. when i slowly increase the throtel, it's fine. I already turn off my ABS. Any advice? is it lost signal? or low battery? im using FlySky GT3B.
please help. Thanks.

did you calibrate the throttle?

vj3 01-21-2012 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by texastc (Post 10203841)
did you calibrate the throttle?

What do you mean by calibrate the throttle? you mean setup the ESC? yes, i did setup the ESC, as normal, neutral, full throttle and brake/reverse. My throttle EPA = 100% on Tx(as default).

Thanks