R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Ardent Raceway 13.5 x12 & 10.5 x12 Gearing

I am currently using my 13.5 LRP X12 in Arden Winter S but am having a few problems with pick up around the technical infield… at the moment I am using a GM ETC geared around 7.2 with 14 timing and 15 max timing but it is still a little slow and the motor smells hot? Any idea on how I can get more infield speed without revving the motor to death down the straight?

Also …I have just bought a new LRP Sxx v2 speed control for my pan car…I might give it a go in my TC car…. Does anyone know a good setting and gearing for a LRP 13.5 X12 motors at ardent raceway? A good gearing is also needed?

As well as the latter, I am booked in to the Winter National at Ardent Raceway on the 28/29. It is my first nationals… eek so before I make a fool of myself does anyone know a good gearing and set up for a LRP 10.5 x12 for both my GM Genius 90 esc and LRP Sxx v2? Does anyone know which of these combinations will be most competitive?

please help
zippyeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyeddie View Post
I am currently using my 13.5 LRP X12 in Arden Winter S but am having a few problems with pick up around the technical infield… at the moment I am using a GM ETC geared around 7.2 with 14 timing and 15 max timing but it is still a little slow and the motor smells hot? Any idea on how I can get more infield speed without revving the motor to death down the straight?

Also …I have just bought a new LRP Sxx v2 speed control for my pan car…I might give it a go in my TC car…. Does anyone know a good setting and gearing for a LRP 13.5 X12 motors at ardent raceway? A good gearing is also needed?

As well as the latter, I am booked in to the Winter National at Ardent Raceway on the 28/29. It is my first nationals… eek so before I make a fool of myself does anyone know a good gearing and set up for a LRP 10.5 x12 for both my GM Genius 90 esc and LRP Sxx v2? Does anyone know which of these combinations will be most competitive?

please help
I know a couple of people using the lrp and gm combo, if you seek out matt winyard I'm sure he'll help, his car is silly quick as well!
Mb3195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

i'll find him out.... Ia racing mate has just given me a link to post by Martin Hofer which gives some useful set up advice ....but still am short on lrp stock spec v2 knowledge
zippyeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Turn off esc timing and turn can timing down.
Try get the gearing that gives full speed at 3/4 of the main straight.
Then drop a tooth add tonnes of esc timing and then slowly add can timing until you are just under safe temp.

Should get you in the ballpark.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

With GM I usually run std mode 8, geared around 6.8 for ardent in 13.5
That should be a decent starting point.

Luke

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote