Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new guy

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default new guy

Hi guys, im new to this forum and to rc driving, i own an hpi sprint 2 flux and took it last night to the local track and didnt like how it handles turns but that might just be that im new to this. Is this car worth upgrading? If so what should i upgrade? Also a guy yesterday told me a tc4 would be a better car, and it does seem like a better car to drive, can i transfer the electronics from the sprint 2 to the tc4? Or should i stick to the sprint 2? Sorry for all this questions but im new
Old 01-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

what kind of track

dirt?
pavement?
hard packed.
motor esc and batteries your using.

what kind of racing? oval off road?

post a link to the rc you have.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Cant post links yet. But its an hpi sprint 2 flux with a newer mustang body. I would use it on an asphalt track
Old 01-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Its a flux vapor esc and a flux vektor5900kv motor
Old 01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexinter7
Hi guys, im new to this forum and to rc driving, i own an hpi sprint 2 flux and took it last night to the local track and didnt like how it handles turns but that might just be that im new to this. Is this car worth upgrading? If so what should i upgrade? Also a guy yesterday told me a tc4 would be a better car, and it does seem like a better car to drive, can i transfer the electronics from the sprint 2 to the tc4? Or should i stick to the sprint 2? Sorry for all this questions but im new
You can transfer electronics from car to car. But I would stick with the Sprint 2 for awhile. No sense throwing money at it while you are learning. GEt with someone at the track that has some experience to look over your car. There are adjustments that can be made specifically for the track your running on. Maybe some better tires, and some traction compound is all you need to get the hang of it. After a while you can uprgrade to another car and better electronics. Quite possible the motor is too much for the track and more appropriate for the street.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=texastc;10140913]You can transfer electronics from car to car. But I would stick with the Sprint 2 for awhile. No sense throwing money at it while you are learning. GEt with someone at the track that has some experience to look over your car. There are adjustments that can be made specifically for the track your running on. Maybe some better tires, and some traction compound is all you need to get the hang of it. After a while you can uprgrade to another car and better electronics. Quite possible the motor is too much for the track and more appropriate for the street.

Tnx i really appreciate it, just trying to make the right choice in upgrading.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

are you planning on racing or just running on the track?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by texastc
are you planning on racing or just running on the track?
For now just running the track and getting better, but i do want a car that drives good.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

I have made this mistake, seeing the better drivers cars, and wanting to match them, but missing a large bit of common sense.

Work on your driving skills, THEN upgrade. Its like seeing a F1 car, and you trying to match the pro drivers. You just can't. you need to work your way up from the slower ranks too get good.

If you think you have improved after a few weeks, get a new set of specialized tires, or a new motor (be aware that a lot of clubs have motor restrictions), not a complete chassis strait away
Old 01-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

If you plan to run at track I would get a new car. You would not want to use the same electronics.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by samshirley00
I have made this mistake, seeing the better drivers cars, and wanting to match them, but missing a large bit of common sense.

Work on your driving skills, THEN upgrade. Its like seeing a F1 car, and you trying to match the pro drivers. You just can't. you need to work your way up from the slower ranks too get good.

If you think you have improved after a few weeks, get a new set of specialized tires, or a new motor (be aware that a lot of clubs have motor restrictions), not a complete chassis strait away
So you guys think that with enough practice and some good tires the car will handle good enough? I really appreciate all your help.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hanzo3
If you plan to run at track I would get a new car. You would not want to use the same electronics.
What would be the next car to get? And how much would it cost to get there? Just planning ahead
Old 01-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

What would be the next car to get? And how much would it cost to get there? Just planning ahead
Most entry level cars cost around £100 without the electronics

the more expensive ones, such as a TA-06 will be about £170, and the very high end ones are £350+

a nice set of tires will be around £25-£30,and a new motor and ESC will be anywhere from £70 to >£300
Old 01-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This car is more than good enough to learn and race with. Just ignore anyone who will try and tell you different. Sure it is not the best car in the world, but, it will see you for many laps and will help you get better driving skills.

Stick with what you got and go and have FUN and see if this is a sport you want to stick with for some time before you invent 1000's of bucks on other equipment.

UPGRADES should come in a order something like this:

TIRES, do this first, many seconds per lap to be made just on tires.
BODY, to get better downforce and more grip.
MOTOR/ESC and LIPOS for your class of racing.

And finally, when you are gettint 110% out of the flux, a new chassis.

Most of all, go have some FUN, because if its not FUN you are wasting your time.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
This car is more than good enough to learn and race with. Just ignore anyone who will try and tell you different. Sure it is not the best car in the world, but, it will see you for many laps and will help you get better driving skills.

Stick with what you got and go and have FUN and see if this is a sport you want to stick with for some time before you invent 1000's of bucks on other equipment.

UPGRADES should come in a order something like this:

TIRES, do this first, many seconds per lap to be made just on tires.
BODY, to get better downforce and more grip.
MOTOR/ESC and LIPOS for your class of racing.

And finally, when you are gettint 110% out of the flux, a new chassis.

Most of all, go have some FUN, because if its not FUN you are wasting your time.
You are right sir FUN is the important thing here, thank you for your help, now when you say a new chassis, do you mean a carbon fiber one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.