R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-28-2004, 10:06 PM   #151
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

and I really hope they live up to their claims, I was one of the people defending them when they were announced. Narrow minded people are still gonna see the $15-$30 price tag for a pair of brushes and complain though.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:10 PM   #152
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Who needs 'em with V2 technology?

For club racing I get at least 10 runs on my 8 and 10 doubles.
$4 a pair.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:12 PM   #153
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by JKA
Who needs 'em with V2 technology?

For club racing I get at least 10 runs on my 8 and 10 doubles.
$4 a pair.
Oscar Jansen, of Orion fame, is the one who brought back up the 4 cell class idea. With their all aluminum endbell I've seen motor wires come unsoldered from them since they get so hot.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 12-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #154
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

exactly when the seven cell rules were in effect I also remember not having to cut the 15 and 14t motors for at least 2 race weekends. suposidly the brush and motor technology is better today as the motors and brushes of the past! I dont remember having all these motor problems in the past . If were actually burning up stuff because to much voltage then have the manufactures supply a battery with higher
IR's which will supply longer run times and lower vlts. It will help the mod guys that are "burning up motors" as will it be a happy medium for the guys that dont want to go four cell.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:21 PM   #155
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
exactly when the seven cell rules were in effect I also remember not having to cut the 15 and 14t motors for at least 2 race weekends. suposidly the brush and motor technology is better today as the motors and brushes of the past! I dont remember having all these motor problems in the past . If were actually burning up stuff because to much voltage then have the manufactures supply a battery with higher
IR's which will supply longer run times and lower vlts. It will help the mod guys that are "burning up motors" as will it be a happy medium for the guys that dont want to go four cell.
are you serious? who's going to sell a battery with higher internal resistance? and who's going to buy this battery? of all the ideas thrown around in here that one made the least sence.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 12-28-2004, 10:23 PM   #156
Tech Master

*cough* Sanyo 3600s have higher IR and lower voltage, but we want to go faster not slower
Old 12-28-2004, 10:25 PM   #157
Tech Champion

I honestly don't think it's an issue of wanting to go slower, I just want my stuff to last longer while still being competitive.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 12-28-2004, 10:26 PM   #158
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
Oscar Jansen, of Orion fame, is the one who brought back up the 4 cell class idea. With their all aluminum endbell I've seen motor wires come unsoldered from them since they get so hot.
Again! factory guys are burning up there motors. Here in the fl state series this past year I saw one motor burn up at the state race in Kissimee, FL . the worlds track the guy geared the motor low and cooked it for trying to get more speed on the straight. So I dont really see the problem at a regionall or club level. but nationals seems the factory guys are having problems.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:35 PM   #159
Tech Champion

speedxl- do you regularly run mod TC? I do (or at least did when I was back in the states) and all of the fast guys had to change brushes every 1-2 runs if they wanted to stay fast. It's NOT just on the national level.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 12-28-2004, 10:39 PM   #160
Tech Elite

Quote:
are you serious? who's going to sell a battery with higher internal resistance? and who's going to buy this battery? of all the ideas thrown around in here that one made the least sence.
why wouldnt it make sense! because you said so! you seem to border on the line of insulting! matt! It does make sense but I guess your too smart!

if your raise the Ir of any battery the run time will go up and voltage come down.
If we are tring to take voltage out of the cars because we are burning up motors it might have been a compromise for those who want to go 4 cell and those wanting six cell to stay. When we were yunning the 2000-3000 mah batteries we didnt burn motors up because they had low vltage numbers. And esc's werent burning up.!
I am going to keep it clean because anyone that knows me will tell you with a comment that my opinion has been the one with least sense will tell you I wouldnt taken this lightly in person.
you need etiquette on debate my friend!

Last edited by speedxl; 12-28-2004 at 11:30 PM.
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:45 PM   #161
Tech Elite

Quote:
speedxl- do you regularly run mod TC? I do (or at least did when I was back in the states) and all of the fast guys had to change brushes every 1-2 runs if they wanted to stay fast. It's NOT just on the national level.

Yes I ran mod back at the time and the reason we were doing that was not because of voltage it was because the crappy brushes of the time. Also people didnt want to be the looser at the club level everyone wants to be faster then the next guy so ego's get in the way and instead of club racing with a 13 or 12t they rather have raced with 8 and 9t motors that what we all did. By the way matt did you race mod when it was the norm to see the wildest wind was a 12t I do ,and there wasnt the problem that they are complaining about how the scorched and melted coms are due to voltages being to high.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:57 PM   #162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So either you can be fast and have to rebuild your motor every run or be slow and not have to. I guess in the end the choice really is ours but who races to be slow?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:23 PM   #163
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl

you need idicut on debate my friend!
HUH???? "idicut"?

Oh wait..."etiquette"...right? I can usually sort though the horrible spelling on here, but that one really had me going.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:27 PM   #164
Tech Elite

Sorry really late here and he pissed me off! I'll fix it! dang cant let one slip buy you guys!
Old 12-28-2004, 11:32 PM   #165
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Smash
So either you can be fast and have to rebuild your motor every run or be slow and not have to. I guess in the end the choice really is ours but who races to be slow?
Well, are you really slow if everyone is going at relatively the same speed?? Trust me if everything went to 4 cells within a year or so, maybe even 6-8 months they fast guys will be running the same lap times as they where with 6 cells.

In fact on some tracks you will see guys running faster laps...... I gaurantee!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote