R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   World GT rules? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/584901-world-gt-rules.html)

bakaguyjean 01-07-2012 07:38 AM

World GT rules?

Where did the world GT rules go,every link i check is a dead end. I have a body I would like to submit but no place to submit it too.
Anybody have a link?
Thanks

EricF 01-07-2012 08:06 AM

Did you try the ROAR website?

chris_blakey 01-07-2012 08:18 AM

What bodyshell are you submitting

bakaguyjean 01-07-2012 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by EricF (Post 10136136)
Did you try the ROAR website?

ROAR those nut jobs are runnning it?

RedBullFiXX 01-07-2012 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean (Post 10136057)
Where did the world GT rules go,every link i check is a dead end. I have a body I would like to submit but no place to submit it too.
Anybody have a link?
Thanks

Download ROAR 2010 Rulebook HERE

WGT rules are on Page 58

terry.sc 01-07-2012 01:38 PM

For ROAR to approve a body you need to be a ROAR Industry Affiliate member to be eligible to submit for approval, I believe the Affiliate membership costs $100.
Then the body approval procedure can be found in the application form here.

In Europe as there is no official Euro championship for WorldGT there is no European wide rules for the class, and no EFRA approved body list for WorldGT, which is a good thing as EFRA approval costs for a touring car body is €500 per body.
This means each country in Europe has their own rules for the class. In the UK the BRCA rules which are different to ROARs rules can be found here and homologation is the same as 1/12th scale which means sending a sample body and reference photos to the committee who then make sure it is a reasonable replica of the original before approval.

bakaguyjean 01-07-2012 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by terry.sc (Post 10137025)
For ROAR to approve a body you need to be a ROAR Industry Affiliate member to be eligible to submit for approval, I believe the Affiliate membership costs $100.
Then the body approval procedure can be found in the application form here.

In Europe as there is no official Euro championship for WorldGT there is no European wide rules for the class, and no EFRA approved body list for WorldGT, which is a good thing as EFRA approval costs for a touring car body is €500 per body.
This means each country in Europe has their own rules for the class. In the UK the BRCA rules which are different to ROARs rules can be found here and homologation is the same as 1/12th scale which means sending a sample body and reference photos to the committee who then make sure it is a reasonable replica of the original before approval.

Thank you for the links,here in Japan we have our own rules for World GT also but I thought I might be able to kill two birds with one stone. The BRCA sounds like an easy enough system.
Thanks for everybody else sending links also,but Roar isnt really worth dealing with for me. I thought it was a class like VTA.