R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Suspended

Default Xray t2 006 worth buying for indoor 21.5 vintage

Hey guys, I thinking of buying an Xray T2 006 for $100 . i want to use it in indoor 21.5 vintage and also outdoor 25.5 vintage. Being that the chassis is six years old will it be competitive. I don't know what major improvements Have been made with this chassis in six years. Any info would be great!!

Thanks
Biggie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm using a T2 '007 in our 21.5 GT2 class. It's an awesome chassis for it and pretty much bullet proof. And yes it's competitive running against the newer cars. It all comes down to setup.

Hmm....$100 seems a bit expensive though. Coming with anything? I got a bunch of stuff with mine for $75.

In any case you won't regret it. I always felt Xray cars were ahead of their time compared to equivalent chassis of the same period.
modelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Suspended

Thanks for the input. No its just a rolling chassis, no parts. I'm having some problems with a cyclone Tc i bought used about 4 months ago. That's why I'm shopping for another chassis. I guess that's what you get when you bargain race ya know haha. Eventually I'll buy a new kit.
Biggie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Unless its in PERFECT condition, avoid.
Xrays can get pretty sloppy as they get old. It could cost a small fortune in parts to get a worn out Xray back up to good running condition.
Belts & pullies & outdrives alone could cost $$$

I have 2 Xrays btw.
Have a look for a 2008/2009 or T3R instead.
Or a Tamiya TB03 or TA05.
1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Tech Elite

100$ is too much for that car. You should be able to find a 2010 for a little more.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
100$ is too much for that car. You should be able to find a 2010 for a little more.
Don't know what you're talking about. Nobody is selling a T3 that cheap unless your idea of a little more is $150 more.

To the OP, if you already got a Cyclone, put your money towards fixing that instead of starting all over again with another chassis. A good tear down and rebuild goes a long way, check for worn parts and bearings that need to be lubed or replaced. Its cheaper that way and you'll be lot happier with it once you do that. Not only that, Cyclone parts are cheaper and easier to get than old XRay parts.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie85 View Post
Thanks for the input. No its just a rolling chassis, no parts. I'm having some problems with a cyclone Tc i bought used about 4 months ago. That's why I'm shopping for another chassis. I guess that's what you get when you bargain race ya know haha. Eventually I'll buy a new kit.
There's already been some really good post here. Xray is expensive to get into and expensive to rebuild if you get a bad used one... You can EASILY rack up another $100 replacing little of nothing on a poorly maintained used Xray. Also if the car doesnt come with the little things like spur gears, sway bars, some springs expect it to get even more expensive. I ran Xray for quite awhile and they're great durable cars but know nothing for them is cheap especially if their is no local support for parts because you can add shipping to every little thing you need...

If you're gonna go with a used Xray look at possibly getting a 008/009 car, great car. Expect to pay between $150-$200 for a nice used one.

Good Luck