Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Hakarunjer/Team Orion Personal Lap System (Comment?) >

Alex Racing Hakarunjer/Team Orion Personal Lap System (Comment?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alex Racing Hakarunjer/Team Orion Personal Lap System (Comment?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Alex Racing Hakarunjer/Team Orion Personal Lap System (Comment?)

Anyone ever used any of the above tools?

Are they any good?
Worth the money?

Nick
Old 09-23-2004, 02:09 AM
tornado

Just bought one...no chance to use it yet. I've seen my buddies using it..... you'll be able to gauge how your settings affect your performance on the track. Invaluable tool.

Bryan

Old 09-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Shop Owner

I know what I can with that in theory. I want to know if you can actually do what it says!

Back then when it was introduced by Orion I've heard many people complaying that the transponder didn't send info to the system and in general they had some problems with it!

Do those problems still exist?

Nick
Old 09-23-2004, 02:30 AM
tornado

Well my buddies don't seem to have problems of that sort.....I saw the usefulness of the device ... thats why I got myself a unit.

Actually it does not work the same as the amb... it uses infrared transmiter on board the car and the the device is placed at the point where the car slows down to pick up the signal.

The only problem where signals not get picked up is that you tint your cars winscreen. ..... it is not working on radio signal like the amb but infrared....signal don't go through the tinted screen. It is written in the manual. One more thing is that the onboard signal transmitter ..you'll need to place it high enough to the clear windscreen (side ones) for the signal to pass through. I hope this info helps.

Bryan

Old 09-23-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Alex Racing Hakarunjer/Team Orion Personal Lap System (Comment?)

Originally posted by nnick
Anyone ever used any of the above tools?

Are they any good?
Worth the money?

Nick
Nick,

I personally find this unit very useful. Sometimes your car might seem fast on the track (but it can be merely an illusion) and the lap times will tell the true story.

Alex racing is actually the original manufacture of the lap timing unit, if I understand correctly, Orion bought the unit oem and programmed english software into it.

Steve Wang
Old 09-23-2004, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

I got an Orion LCS used off a friend awhile back and ever since I use it every time I am trying things out on the track pretty much. The buttons on mine don't work sometimes, like you have to push really hard or if that doesn't work have to take apart and clean with motor spray and toothbrush.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:29 PM
tornado

Default Re: Re: Alex Racing Hakarunjer/Team Orion Personal Lap System (Comment?)

Originally posted by SpeedTech

Alex racing is actually the original manufacture of the lap timing unit, if I understand correctly, Orion bought the unit oem and programmed english software into it.

My Alex Racing unit is english version.

Bryan

Old 09-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've got the Orion unit myself, simply the BEST training aid you can buy for $150! You can tell if the adjustments you made to your car made you faster or slower with the LCS. I believe the Orion version differs from the Alex version in two ways... The Orion has newer and updated software and the available color is purple while the Alex had a bunch of different colors.

I bought mine at SpeedWorld http://www.speedworldraceway.com/

SpeedTech has them too:
http://www.speedtechrc.com/

John
Old 09-23-2004, 09:16 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Runin Ronin
...................................... and the available color is purple while the Alex had a bunch of different colors.

Mine is purple.....

Bryan

Old 09-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

maybe I can ask Alex to just sell us casing of different anodized colors

Steve Wang
Old 09-23-2004, 11:41 PM
Shop Owner

To tell you the truth I prefer Alex Racing one since he is the one who built it!

And I want the blue case

Nick
Old 09-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd say it's the best tuning aide you can buy. Car may feel good on the track. But lap times don't lie. One simple change may give you the 2 tenths that you needed. Or it could slow you down even more. You'll never know though without those lap times. I bought one for $110 from a friend. Then I won a new one at the Norrca Nats!! So I sold my old one to another friend for $100. It's a very good investment if you plan on being in the hobby for awhile.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

yah, when u feel fast doesn't mean fast, when u feel slow doesn't mean slow. figure tells that all. i used it when go to new track or change motor to get the right ratio
Old 12-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry to bring this up, but I didnt want to start a new thread. I just got one, and Im wondering where the battery goes in. I dont think it has any slot and the instructions dont say anything. Im figuring that you have to take the back cover off, but Im just checking. IS it a regular 9v battery that it uses? Mine came scratched at least its only on the bottom.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, just take the case apart. 9v inside. Just becareful putting it back and make sure the buttons come back thru the holes before you screw it back together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.