R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutAwayWet View Post
The "racers prefer receiver packs" thing is getting old, though. Time for a 1s speedo.
Amen.
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Ive ran(17.5 TC/RCGT/USGT) the Tekin and never liked it...I put in a GTB2 and with very similar results but better feel...and easier to drive...I just got another LRP, and Im going to put it in. Im told its better than the SPX, if so I will be very happy with it...the SPX was a great esc to me and stayed in the fight even when the boost wars went crazy...

I think LRP makes the better esc's...but Tekin is very popular....

FYI...we tried to put new update(1s) app on my Tekin, for my 12th scale, and it died...dont have a clue what happen...neither does anybody at my track
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
Ive ran(17.5 TC/RCGT/USGT) the Tekin and never liked it...I put in a GTB2 and with very similar results but better feel...and easier to drive...I just got another LRP, and Im going to put it in. Im told its better than the SPX, if so I will be very happy with it...the SPX was a great esc to me and stayed in the fight even when the boost wars went crazy...

FYI...we tried to put new update(1s) app on my Tekin, for my 12th scale, and it died...dont have a clue what happen...neither does anybody at my track
If you send it in they will fix or replace it......
Old 01-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #34
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

To be honest, neither brand interests me as much as this. All the connections on header pins is a big winner.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #35
Tech Champion

yeah I will...just dont think it will be back before the Birds
Old 01-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:

When did you do this, i warned people about it a couple of months ago about doing and update on there tekin esc and it would fry it. People just brushed me off the the tekin people never chimed into the thread to talk about it.
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by For_the_win View Post
When did you do this, i warned people about it a couple of months ago about doing and update on there tekin esc and it would fry it. People just brushed me off the the tekin people never chimed into the thread to talk about it.
I guess a week or two ago...I had the Tekin out of my TC, and was going to run it in 12th scale, cause of size...I bought the rec battery and all...and we went to change it to 1s and it just died...thats what I understand...I didnt know of any post...wish I had...

FYI...Ive had it for about 2 years and I have never had any issue with it at all, until now...its only been ran with 21.5's and 17.5's motors...
Old 01-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
I guess a week or two ago...I had the Tekin out of my TC, and was going to run it in 12th scale, cause of size...I bought the rec battery and all...and we went to change it to 1s and it just died...thats what I understand...I didnt know of any post...wish I had...

FYI...Ive had it for about 2 years and I have never had any issue with it at all, until now...its only been ran with 21.5's and 17.5's motors...
People raged about it and thought i was stupid. Someone EMAILED it randy and i havent herd anything back.
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by For_the_win View Post
People raged about it and thought i was stupid. Someone EMAILED it randy and i havent herd anything back.
I changed it over for him. I had done two others before that without issue. They are still running fine. I did have an RS Pro do it before but that was a year or so ago. And that one I sent in and actually got it back within a weeks time.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #40
Tech Addict

An LRP SXX user at our track didn't have his speedo for over 2 months after it was sent in for service. He had a terrible time finding the status of his repair, if he ever got it.

From what I hear Tekin can turn them around in 2 to 3 weeks out and back.

1/12th scale, just 1/12th scale.
I love to go like hell for 8 minutes.
RacinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You can't compare mod software feel with boosted or blinky

Assuming the question is for mod tourer with low(ish) wind mod motors, the SXX v2 is hard to beat. It's the smoothest by a mile and has the best brakes. If you need crazy amounts of boost or are running in very high ambient temps then you might want to consider SP/HW/Orion.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #42
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
To be honest, neither brand interests me as much as this. All the connections on header pins is a big winner.
Too big
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:33 AM   #43
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
You can't compare mod software feel with boosted or blinky

Assuming the question is for mod tourer with low(ish) wind mod motors, the SXX v2 is hard to beat. It's the smoothest by a mile and has the best brakes. If you need crazy amounts of boost or are running in very high ambient temps then you might want to consider SP/HW/Orion.
Thank you, Yes I'm talking low wind motors 4.5 5.5 6.5 range. Most often ran in blinky mode, anything above (other than spec winds) are ran boosted.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #44
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Too big
33x33x19 is too big? The RS/RS Pro is 33 x 25.4 x 11.5/15.25. The LRP is 30.5x34x16mm. The Viper is 30x32.5x19.5. The SP appears to be right there among the smallest, and doesn't have any side exit wires to get in the way.

Don't be surprised if the replacement for the RS is bigger than the current ESC. There's a reason nobody else is making them that small.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Don't be surprised if the replacement for the RS is bigger than the current ESC. There's a reason nobody else is making them that small.
And why is that? The Tekin seems to have no issues due to size so why would they change. Heck, the hardware seems to have no issues anyways so i'm thinking Tekin is a long way from a new speed control. I'm with the above statements about LRP service. My LRP went up in smoke a while ago and I haven't gotten around to sending it in due to the unknown cost (30-150) and the wait time it will require. If it is going to cost over 80 to fix I'd much rather have a Novak Edge and if over 100 I'd rather spend my money on another Tekin RS. At this point in time it looks like I will have a 30mmx30mm blue object that I can try to hit at 500 yards the next time I hit the range.
Special thanks to EMRFactory and VBC Racing.
linkless is offline   Reply With Quote