R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
bigbadbronx2k12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Da Bronx, NYC baby!
Posts: 23
Default Associated FT NTC3 Nitro to Electric

So, I'm bringing back the Yoke as my nitro ride, swiped the Roddy out of my FT NTC3 and was gonna part it out. Wait a minute.... I've always wanted an electric for indoor during our cruddy NYC winters. So before you say buy an electric, I already have a full roller in this car. Does anybody know of any bolt in kits to do this conversion for this car? Thanks!
bigbadbronx2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbronx2k12 View Post
So, I'm bringing back the Yoke as my nitro ride, swiped the Roddy out of my FT NTC3 and was gonna part it out. Wait a minute.... I've always wanted an electric for indoor during our cruddy NYC winters. So before you say buy an electric, I already have a full roller in this car. Does anybody know of any bolt in kits to do this conversion for this car? Thanks!
Nope, you're on your own for this one. Do yourself a big favor which will save you a ton of cash and time. Get a used TC4 which can be had for a lot less than paying a machinist to fabricate a motor mount (Usually $50 to ?? depending on what it comes with).
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbronx2k12 View Post
So, I'm bringing back the Yoke as my nitro ride, swiped the Roddy out of my FT NTC3 and was gonna part it out. Wait a minute.... I've always wanted an electric for indoor during our cruddy NYC winters. So before you say buy an electric, I already have a full roller in this car. Does anybody know of any bolt in kits to do this conversion for this car? Thanks!
Buy an electric car.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
Tech Initiate
 
bigbadbronx2k12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Da Bronx, NYC baby!
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Buy an electric car.
Ok thanks fellas, guess I am on my own. I will make it work and for less than buying a TC4.
bigbadbronx2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 862
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Considering you can get a decent used TC4 for under $100, I doubt that.

1. The TC4 will handle loads better than a cobbled-together conversion
2. A converted nitro touring car is wider than electric touring rules

Just sell the NTC3 and use that money to buy a used TC4
Serzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
Tech Lord
 
hotrod87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kalispell Mt
Posts: 11,090
Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default

Why be negative ? Get in there and get it done. Motor mount is easy probably get one off an old pan car.
__________________
ON A WALKABOUT AS OF 7/27/17
hotrod87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
TIZAO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 744
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Dont worry I am doing the same thing with one of my extra NTC3's.... just waiting for the weather to get better to get motivated! LOL!.... There are a couple of mounts that will work... if you are super cheap you can buy a nice L bracket at home depot or your choice hardware store.... then map out your holes drill and your almost done... find a place for your batteries.... techno makes a good batt mount iirc..... then cut out your seccond servo make that a reciever box and bam.... E converted NTC3
__________________
Team Associated SC8 (Winter snooze) NTC3 V1 (In the Pits) NTC3 V2 (Needs a heart)
Traxxas Slash (Powerstrokes RPM) Mini T (full allumn)(ate all my tires)(awaiting replacement 1/10 wheel conversion) Tamiya TA03r-s (Roller status)(Sits in a BOX) TYCO Mutator (1st love)(collecting dust in the shed)
TIZAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
Tech Initiate
 
bigbadbronx2k12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Da Bronx, NYC baby!
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod87 View Post
Why be negative ? Get in there and get it done. Motor mount is easy probably get one off an old pan car.
Thank you! Lol
bigbadbronx2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
Tech Initiate
 
bigbadbronx2k12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Da Bronx, NYC baby!
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIZAO View Post
Dont worry I am doing the same thing with one of my extra NTC3's.... just waiting for the weather to get better to get motivated! LOL!.... There are a couple of mounts that will work... if you are super cheap you can buy a nice L bracket at home depot or your choice hardware store.... then map out your holes drill and your almost done... find a place for your batteries.... techno makes a good batt mount iirc..... then cut out your seccond servo make that a reciever box and bam.... E converted NTC3
That's exactly what I'm going to do.
bigbadbronx2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats the best nitro tourer? dontfeelcold Nitro On-Road 35 10-19-2007 12:57 AM
[FS] Brand New Associated FT NTC3 w/OS TZ 5-port squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 10-01-2005 02:55 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net