R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-24-2004, 11:25 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Radio glitching

I'm having a strange problem with the electronics in my TC3. I've been using these electronics for a couploe years now and never had a problem. However, today I started working on moving everything over to a new car. My current car is a plain old Factory Team TC3. The new car is a TC3 with a carbon fiber BMI Racing chassis.

I installed the electronics in the new car and powered everything up without any problems. The problem happens, as I add throttle. The motor as well as the steering will periodically glitch for about half a second. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it does it although it seems like its more prevelent at higher speeds. Obviously, at speed on the track this could spell disaster

Could the carbon fiber chassis be making my reciever glitch? Both the receiver and transmitter are JR Racing units and they're only a couple of years old.
plbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 12:31 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Radio glitching

Quote:
Originally posted by plbman
I'm having a strange problem with the electronics in my TC3. I've been using these electronics for a couploe years now and never had a problem. However, today I started working on moving everything over to a new car. My current car is a plain old Factory Team TC3. The new car is a TC3 with a carbon fiber BMI Racing chassis.

I installed the electronics in the new car and powered everything up without any problems. The problem happens, as I add throttle. The motor as well as the steering will periodically glitch for about half a second. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it does it although it seems like its more prevelent at higher speeds. Obviously, at speed on the track this could spell disaster

Could the carbon fiber chassis be making my reciever glitch? Both the receiver and transmitter are JR Racing units and they're only a couple of years old.
yes the CF chassie could cause glitching. It acts like a conductor. try useing at least three pieces of servo tape when mounting your electronics. Or get a yokomo noise filter they run about 20 bucks from speedtech.

good luck

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 12:54 PM   #3
Tech Regular

if your antenea is touching the cf top platre you'll get glitching also
sportracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 07:20 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KREATOR1

i had one of these problem before, but after cutting the motor comm. It will work fine again , and no glitch.

Also you may have to change your radio antena
Old 12-24-2004, 07:27 PM   #5
Tech Elite

slide a piece of fuel tubing where the antenna touches the carbon fibre.hope this helps
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 08:10 PM   #6
Tech Master

or you could cut a small hole in the antena tube just big enough for the antena to fit in there and cover exposing wire with shrink wrap
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 01:57 AM   #7
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Put a few capacitors on your motor and clean out all the electronics,capacitors help stop glitching considerably
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote