Wiki Posts
Search

2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
On asphalt? That's cool as long as we can dispose of ALL rubber classes on Carpet. Well all rubber classes but M-Chassis, because they're actually fun......
Carpet tracks still exist??
Old 05-23-2012, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And they thrive when the management pays attention. In the last year, The Gate has hosted 4 races with an average car count of over 100. Our big race The Halloween Classic had 180. We have limited pit space so we have to place cutoffs on the number.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Other then what's been posted on the first page. I didn't see anything on the flyer or ROAR site about...

The entry fee for each class?

Is there more information to follow?
Old 05-23-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSeils
Other then what's been posted on the first page. I didn't see anything on the flyer or ROAR site about...

The entry fee for each class?

Is there more information to follow?
Entry fee is 85.00 per class.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Is there a break for multiple classes?
Old 05-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
And they thrive when the management pays attention. In the last year, The Gate has hosted 4 races with an average car count of over 100. Our big race The Halloween Classic had 180. We have limited pit space so we have to place cutoffs on the number.
Really wish we were fortunate enough to have a track such as the gate in SWO. I will be surprised if Cincinnati ever gets another carpet track.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSeils
Is there a break for multiple classes?
I dont believe there is. In Dallas I ran two classes and it was 85$ each class
Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I did not know that it was required that a class be requested by racers to be included. When we ran our regional we consulted with the regional director, Mr. Dunn. We also have a group of racers that pay attention to and race at other venues. We value their input in making the class list. We also would keep open any class providing it fit in the and had enough entries with a date cutoff. We have a issue with pit space so we put a cap on the number of drivers or entries. I would suggest that you consider that option since as has been stated you have to work with the daylight.
It was not require, but in the first part of this thread there was discussion about what the two house classes were going to be. VTA and 13.5 TC had the large percentage of racers lobbying for them, so that is most likely why those where the two picked. (i have nothing to do with the decision, nor was I any part of it).

Bottom line is a track is a business and needs to go with where the entries are at to stay open (i know, our local one just closed) If they were limited to picking only 2 classes, why would they pick one that averaged 8 entries the last two years it was offered or one that is already getting more than that on a weekly basis there of people preparing for nationals.

Its too bad that WGT wasnt included in the offerings, but when things are limited (number of classes and daylight) some people will be unhappy with the decisions.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't even think I have seen a WGT car practicing at our track. TC is going to be the biggest class. VTA is big out here too. I know there has been a heat of 17.5 12th scale everyweekend so far as well. Would you add WGT if you don't even stock parts for the cars at the track or have a class being run? I know from a personal business aspect it wouldn't cross my mind.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Really, Leisure Hours has been around for like 35+ years, hosted multiple nationals, on road and offroad, besides their many regional type races,and had multiple tracks, parking lot, carpet, offroad, and now permanent asphalt. The depth of experience available in the pits would surprise you.

Unfortunately, they are not going to run WGT. It's just not real popular on asphalt. Why not try another class, and come out and enjoy a world class facility? I guarantee you're going to have fun.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Just a quick comment Michael and this isn't a attack. A race track should look to maximize it's entries for an event to the manageable number (facility limit). Adding a class to do this does not affect a events length. What it does do is make them more money in increasing overall car count. I have been an organizer for many large events and that is how you get it done. The limit on number of classes is interesting as no one has said that was a factor. They have 6 and the carpet nationals had 7. If they are concerned about the cost of awards, 2 entries cover the cost for a main. Heck I would rather be allowed to race with out trophies than to be cut out.
To robk.
Spare parts are almost never an issue as any racer going to a traveling event should be prepared. The organization I represent is the one behind the original Indoor Champs so we have a similar life span on organization.
On picking another class I would have to purchase one so enough said about that. If I can borrow a car I might consider it as I do know that the track is an excellent facility. I just think that they dropped the ball a little by not at least offering the class and cancel it if there aren't enough entries by a cutoff date.

Last edited by old_dude; 05-23-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Just a quick comment Michael and this isn't a attack. A race track should look to maximize it's entries for an event to the manageable number (facility limit). Adding a class to do this does not affect a events length. What it does do is make them more money in increasing overall car count. I have been an organizer for many large events and that is how you get it done. The limit on number of classes is interesting as no one has said that was a factor. They have 6 and the carpet nationals had 7. If they are concerned about the cost of awards, 2 entries cover the cost for a main. Heck I would rather be allowed to race with out trophies than to be cut out.

Just asking.....What class would you of omitted if WGT was included?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Espo
Just asking.....What class would you of omitted if WGT was included?
I don't think anything has to be. they have 6 classes listed ant the recent carpet nats had 7.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by or8ital
Carpet tracks still exist??
Yeah. Just not in the Cincitucky region.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Yeah. Just not in the Cincitucky region.

Ian!!! my main man!!!.....ya commen to L.I.D.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.