Wiki Posts
Search

2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
Kevin I believe we will need to revert to the 4 day format for this event since we are outdoor and have limited daylight.
I can understand that...I was going off what you guys did for the Carpet Nats....do you guys have any idea what that format will be? I know some people are looking for that information for travel and such it would be nice to get it out there soon if you guys can. Im local so its not a big deal for me I already have the week off.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
You think too much, all you have to do is look at last year national.

USVTA will not be running Triple A....single main, 20 minutes 20 drivers (if there are 20 drivers...last year was 7, I highly doubt there will be more then 20 this year), and new BELT for the winner....

Who paid me the most money I will knock off NATT - the current belt holder off the fence on 1st turn.....LOL
I don't know if 20 minutes would be in the cards, but 20 cars should be do-able, since it happened last year at the AA finals.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I don't know if 20 minutes would be in the cards, but 20 cars should be do-able, since it happened last year at the AA finals.
If ROAR does not have a real format for USVTA on National, then someone has to offer the format....this person might as well as you...LOL.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
If ROAR does not have a real format for USVTA on National, then someone has to offer the format....this person might as well as you...LOL.
That's exactly what happened at the ROAR Carpet Nationals in March. The RD, Bob Ingersoll, used 80% of robk's USVTA Rules. The minimum weight was 1550 grams, only bodies listed in USVTA rules were allowed (no measurements were taken on the bodies), tires had to be HPI 4793 and 4797, and the motor had to be 25.5. Due to some weird legal restraints ROAR could not force VTA racers to use only Novak 25.5 motors, so there were a few other Mfgr. motors at the Carpet Nats (i.e. Trinity, Speed Passion, and Viper). ROAR also allowed any ESC on their Non-Timing ESC list in VTA.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

---->http://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-ra...obby-shop.html

Last edited by wwddww34; 04-20-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Any info available for Hotels/Motels or camping yet? I checked Google Maps and it doesn't look like there is much around there.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSeils
Any info available for Hotels/Motels or camping yet? I checked Google Maps and it doesn't look like there is much around there.

Thanks
See post 1, I put links.... Yes, not much by the track. Most places are 8 to 15 mile drive...
Old 04-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

VTA guys.... 20 min A main, the rest of the mains should be normal time... I for one will be happy to Turn Marshal it.

The 20/20 VTA A-main.... Someone Print the t-shirts - 20 of them "I survied the 20/20 VTA at Leisure Hours" or "Doing It VTA style at Leisure Hours 2012", etc.... In a nice HOT Pink. Depending the price, I would even pay 100% of the bill for the t-shirts, and I'm not running the class....
Old 04-20-2012, 03:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
I can understand that...I was going off what you guys did for the Carpet Nats....do you guys have any idea what that format will be? I know some people are looking for that information for travel and such it would be nice to get it out there soon if you guys can. Im local so its not a big deal for me I already have the week off.
+1 guys -- id like to plan to attend, but i need to know what the dates are soon...
Old 04-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
+1 guys -- id like to plan to attend, but i need to know what the dates are soon...
first post......"August 24 - 26"
Old 04-20-2012, 04:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Xpress
first post......"August 24 - 26"
first post 'feels' wrong to me
Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hanulec
Sorry but we have not received that information from the folks at Leisure. We are only posting what we have been told, and I assure you we have asked this very question.

Per the ROAR web site: Link

It shows 8/23, but is the track open that day or is Thursday just for setup? Maybe someone from ROAR can chime in.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

imo 20 min main is to much...for "OUR" Nationals...thats cool...its our race...but we are not the only class on the card. Dont get me wrong...Im the 1st one to yell longer mains...and more Pro-VTA than anybody. But we have to consider other classes and other drivers that are going to have to marshall us...we have to be fair

since its 2012...20 car mains at 12 mins....if you want something different.

Also since this year ROAR Pav Nats is more US VTA....than ROAR 21.5 VTA like last year...I do expect the turn-out for VTA to be alot more....at least 2-5 from Thunder RC running US VTA , as well as other tracks in the midwest

Im game for whatever...Ill be there USVTA and USGT/or 17.5 TC
Old 04-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Sorry but we have not received that information from the folks at Leisure. We are only posting what we have been told, and I assure you we have asked this very question.

Per the ROAR web site: Link

It shows 8/23, but is the track open that day or is Thursday just for setup? Maybe someone from ROAR can chime in.
RocketRon should know a thing or two about ROAR..hes the Technical Director. If hes saying 4 days that would make one "Assume" Thursday practice and Tech inspection....Friday 2 Qualifiers....Saturday 2 Qualifiers and Mains Sunday??? ROAR does have rules/guidelines that the track is closed so many days before the race too I think. I think thats the reason people want to know so if they need to be in on Wednesday or Thursday they can plan for it. I really dont think it will be much longer until we have all the Info....I hope.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A 20 min. main would mean 1 and done for the motors and speed controllers.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Kevin K
RocketRon should know a thing or two about ROAR..hes the Technical Director. If hes saying 4 days that would make one "Assume" Thursday practice and Tech inspection....Friday 2 Qualifiers....Saturday 2 Qualifiers and Mains Sunday??? ROAR does have rules/guidelines that the track is closed so many days before the race too I think. I think thats the reason people want to know so if they need to be in on Wednesday or Thursday they can plan for it. I really dont think it will be much longer until we have all the Info....I hope.
We had a 4 day event at Jackson last year with that schedule ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.