Search

2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
+1 you said it REDBULL 12 makes you a bettter driver
I never doubted that one, nor said otherwise. You're not going to get any argument from me on that!

In my opinion spec 12th scale will teach you a much more usable and broader skill set that has more applicability. You can race door to door, corner speed, and compromise are the name of the game.

Unlike mod 12th which has become point and shoot and if a car comes within your 2' bubble (copyright Sean Cochran) it usually ends in tears.... If you're off the pace it gets really ugly really quick.

*Shrug* It's all good though, in the end it's whatever gets ya riled up to go racing that's important!

Mike Slaughter
Old 06-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Leisure Hours Raceway

There are 58 days until 2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals!

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=313 You can now register easily for the 2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals...

Old 06-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

was there for the first time running Nitro last week end, if you have not planned on going think again, AWESOME facility and going to be a great race.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If your coming out this weekend make sure to bring your 13.5 TC with.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:50 PM
AE-Reedy

Just so I'm 100% sure before buying plane tickets. There is no practice for the Nats until Thursday. Correct?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by masterhit
I never doubted that one, nor said otherwise. You're not going to get any argument from me on that!

In my opinion spec 12th scale will teach you a much more usable and broader skill set that has more applicability. You can race door to door, corner speed, and compromise are the name of the game.

Unlike mod 12th which has become point and shoot and if a car comes within your 2' bubble (copyright Sean Cochran) it usually ends in tears.... If you're off the pace it gets really ugly really quick.

*Shrug* It's all good though, in the end it's whatever gets ya riled up to go racing that's important!

Mike Slaughter

mod 12th scale at the carpet nats was fun. still relearning how to drive it. the only other problem with running mod anything is the maintenance. diffs in 12th scale axle pins in tc... I put the slapmaster thrust bearing on my 12th mod CRC car with my EA 5.0 duo motor and finished the main which is what my goal was. haven't decided wither to run it at vegas yet. and I learned that 2' bubble at the roar region 5 race at cleveland. talk about just trying to stay out of the way is a challenge in it's self. we'll see at the worlds next month. ftlots
Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Just so I'm 100% sure before buying plane tickets. There is no practice for the Nats until Thursday. Correct?
Correct. Wednesday is setup only, from 1pm to something.....
Old 06-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

A little entertainment for you as I'm sure people are preparing for the big race (this is old but good)...

Dating an RC Racer
Old 06-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Correct me if I am wrong that also means that we can run a Sunday race the weekend before the Nats?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NolanP
Correct me if I am wrong that also means that we can run a Sunday race the weekend before the Nats?
Someone correct me if I have this wrong, but the rules state the track can not be run on 3 days before the start of the nationals. All depends on the definition of the start, but I would say I think so.... I also think it is up the the track owner. They may choose to not run the track for x days before the Nationals...

This is only my understanding... I look for the experts to chime in...
Old 06-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Someone correct me if I have this wrong, but the rules state the track can not be run on 3 days before the start of the nationals. All depends on the definition of the start, but I would say I think so.... I also think it is up the the track owner. They may choose to not run the track for x days before the Nationals...

This is only my understanding... I look for the experts to chime in...

that's for the layout. you could have a Wednesday night club race as long as the layout is different from the nats layout. some say run it backwards. 2007 carpet nats they did a Tuesday night club race and they changed a couple corners to make it "different" and that was within the ruling. now there was a ruling if the track is a permanent track IE a track like timezone 2 outdoor track what has limited layout choices, you can run the weekend before but not the 3 days before for a club race. 2012 Dallas carpet nats drivers signed up for the race couldn't run the club race on the carpet Thursday night. But then again I'm not from Roar but I have been a roar member on and off since about 86...
Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah but if it's three days and practice is Thursday by my math that means we can run the nats layout on Sunday. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah but if it's three days and practice is Thursday by my math that means we can run the nats layout on Sunday. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that?
If the Nats start on Thursday per the Rules, then you are cutting it very close... Check with Scott and find out what the schedule is for the track rather then trying to second guess everything. Let him work it out with ROAR...
Old 06-28-2012, 01:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Id recommend not letting anyone run the complete/same layout as you have at the nats. Its only fair... but might not be possible based upon your physical configuration.

At Jackson last year we added new curbs/broke apart existing curbs/etc to make things different.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
A little entertainment for you as I'm sure people are preparing for the big race (this is old but good)...

Dating an RC Racer
Nice avatar barry bring the nibbler on sunday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.