Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals >

2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals

2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals

Reply

Old 06-08-2012, 06:30 AM
  #421  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,720
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Espo View Post
What is the legal ROAR weight for TC? The book says 1420 but I heard that there is an addendum to the rule at 1380 ......any one?..........
It's 1380.
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:30 AM
  #422  
Tech Regular
 
Espo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Plainfield Il.
Posts: 400
Default

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
I hope 1380 cause thats what my cars are set at as of right now.
I was also told that the 5mm ride height is for carpet only.

I would like a confirmation as well.

i dont need hope....i need an answer
Espo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:31 AM
  #423  
Tech Regular
 
Espo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Plainfield Il.
Posts: 400
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
It's 1380.
Thanx Fred
Espo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:33 AM
  #424  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,753
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Unless my memory is off, I believe we did run 1380 last year, it would be helpful if they posted a rulebook newer than the '10 one, lol.
MikeXray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:43 AM
  #425  
Tech Regular
 
Espo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Plainfield Il.
Posts: 400
Default

Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Unless my memory is off, I believe we did run 1380 last year, it would be helpful if they posted a rulebook newer than the '10 one, lol.


+1
Espo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:48 AM
  #426  
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,974
Default

Originally Posted by Espo View Post
What is the legal ROAR weight for TC? The book says 1420 but I heard that there is an addendum to the rule at 1380 ......any one?..........
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
I hope 1380 cause thats what my cars are set at as of right now.
I was also told that the 5mm ride height is for carpet only.

I would like a confirmation as well.
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Unless my memory is off, I believe we did run 1380 last year, it would be helpful if they posted a rulebook newer than the '10 one, lol.
1380
Rules Update 5-18-11
Rick Hohwart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:10 AM
  #427  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (44)
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
I was also told that the 5mm ride height is for carpet only.
For TC classes: From the 2010 rule book -
8.10.5.9 Ground clearance:
 Carpet surfaces: Minimum 4 mm for foam tires and 5mm for rubber tires under all parts of the vehicle excluding the spur gear.
bvoltz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:01 AM
  #428  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
For TC classes: From the 2010 rule book -
8.10.5.9 Ground clearance:
 Carpet surfaces: Minimum 4 mm for foam tires and 5mm for rubber tires under all parts of the vehicle excluding the spur gear.
Correct and we are running asphalt. I asked Rob about this and I understand the mm set it for carpet cause you can damage the carpet. Due to asphalt and only damaging your own chassis at that point from my understanding from a few people its null and void. I want to hear it from Rob after he verifies or if someone else from Roar or someone who knows steps in.
NolanP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:03 AM
  #429  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (44)
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Correct and we are running asphalt. I asked Rob about this and I understand the mm set it for carpet cause you can damage the carpet. Due to asphalt and only damaging your own chassis at that point from my understanding from a few people its null and void. I want to hear it from Rob after he verifies or if someone else from Roar or someone who knows steps in.
It does not say Carpet or Asphalt so it would wise to error on the safe side. But I'm sure that someone that runs the big races will know and chime it...

Last edited by bvoltz; 06-08-2012 at 10:20 AM.
bvoltz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:51 PM
  #430  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

So just so I'm following along clearly they place you car on a 20mm stand and then measure an additional 170mm to get the max body height?

Then the wing I'm assuming no part of the wing including the side plates can be above the roof line?

Sorry I know it's late to ask but I want to make sure to setup my cars the right way.
NolanP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:31 AM
  #431  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
It does not say Carpet or Asphalt so it would wise to error on the safe side. But I'm sure that someone that runs the big races will know and chime it...
Unless I'm missing something the stated specs are proceeded by the words "carpet surfaces" on the rule you posted.


Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
For TC classes: From the 2010 rule book -
8.10.5.9 Ground clearance:
Carpet surfaces: Minimum 4 mm for foam tires and 5mm for rubber tires under all parts of the vehicle excluding the spur gear.
or8ital is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:21 AM
  #432  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (44)
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Unless I'm missing something the stated specs are proceeded by the words "carpet surfaces" on the rule you posted.
You are correct, had a very long day..
bvoltz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:18 AM
  #433  
Tech Regular
 
Espo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Plainfield Il.
Posts: 400
Default

Leisure Hours Raceway
There are 73 days until 2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals!

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=313 You can now register easily for the 2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals...
Espo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:30 PM
  #434  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
Adamska27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The land of cheese and beer
Posts: 914
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
So just so I'm following along clearly they place you car on a 20mm stand and then measure an additional 170mm to get the max body height?

Then the wing I'm assuming no part of the wing including the side plates can be above the roof line?

Sorry I know it's late to ask but I want to make sure to setup my cars the right way.
That is my understanding as the rules are written, but i would also like confirmation of correctness
Adamska27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 PM
  #435  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Espo View Post
Leisure Hours Raceway
There are 73 days until 2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals!

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=313 You can now register easily for the 2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals...
Must try 12th scale mod first.
NolanP is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service