Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals >

2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals

2012 R.O.A.R. Electric On Road Paved Nationals

Old 05-23-2012, 07:07 PM
  #361  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,433
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tekin Prodigy
ok, and both motors mechanical timing at positive 45 degrees
If your in my heat you probably would want to run 0 timing.....

Yeah timing is pretty much cranked. Maxed out just making sure we aren't gonna fry motors or speedo's. Aka watch the temps. I know its been cooler the first few race dates and temps weren't an issue. Now a few practices and its been warmer it's starting to become an issue.
NolanP is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 09:23 PM
  #362  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,617
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
As for Ian and Joe they were the only WGT cars at the grand slam race at Indy on the carpet back in January and the Gate is pretty much their home track.
Actually, at the Grand Slam race there were 8 signed up initially. The 2011 Region 5 Champs was the race with only two entries.

And our home track is Access RacePlace in Springfield, Ohio. And when I say "our home track" it's literal. We have as many WGT cars as 12th scales. We occasionally see two or three TC's on our Thursday night practice sessions.

The biggest class at the Parking Lot track in Dayton last year was usually Short Course Truck. This just shows how regional in nature our hobby really is.

Now for the more important argument, why no F1?
CypressMidWest is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 09:54 PM
  #363  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 185
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

The above post stated that they needed to limit the classes due to the amount of daylight available, i wanted to let you know, that i ran at the 2010 Offroad Nats at Leisure Hours and we did not have any problems running a large amount of heats or running late. As it got dark, they had lights taht they turned on that illuminated the track so we could continue to run the qualifiers and finish the racing for the day, so it can be done no matter how many classes or qualifiers there are to be run in the day.

Robert
robert s is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 03:58 AM
  #364  
Tech Elite
 
trytowin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: on the asphalt
Posts: 2,137
Default

Originally Posted by robert s
The above post stated that they needed to limit the classes due to the amount of daylight available, i wanted to let you know, that i ran at the 2010 Offroad Nats at Leisure Hours and we did not have any problems running a large amount of heats or running late. As it got dark, they had lights taht they turned on that illuminated the track so we could continue to run the qualifiers and finish the racing for the day, so it can be done no matter how many classes or qualifiers there are to be run in the day.

Robert
Problem with this is, the on-road track doesn't have lights.
trytowin is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 AM
  #365  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 185
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

these were portable lights on wheels that were started when it was getting dark, so it is possible to do this again


Robert
robert s is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 10:00 AM
  #366  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,433
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by robert s
these were portable lights on wheels that were started when it was getting dark, so it is possible to do this again


Robert
Its been a week or two due to the off road races but arent the ones close to the building on posts? There is a portable one but not sure if they all are.
NolanP is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 10:19 AM
  #367  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (44)
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NolanP
Its been a week or two due to the off road races but arent the ones close to the building on posts? There is a portable one but not sure if they all are.
Why yes they are... The "portable" is at the far end....
bvoltz is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 11:08 AM
  #368  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: IL
Posts: 137
Default

Extra lights were rented in the past for the offroad nats, but at only 2 rounds per day, there would need to be about 40 heats for daylight to be an issue.
jsorwell is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 11:40 AM
  #369  
Tech Elite
 
trytowin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: on the asphalt
Posts: 2,137
Default

Originally Posted by jsorwell
Extra lights were rented in the past for the offroad nats, but at only 2 rounds per day, there would need to be about 40 heats for daylight to be an issue.
Indeed there are portable lights at the far end. Another set would have to be rented to cover the entire track.

The ones nearest to the building are fixed on poles. And I believe the lights on top of the drivers stand are also fixed. It would take quite alot to light up a black asphalt track so it could be raced on safely.

Last edited by trytowin; 05-24-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: added info
trytowin is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 12:01 PM
  #370  
Tech Fanatic
 
scootr117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On a Stage or Stand somewhere
Posts: 939
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital
No offense but is it really a "national" class for paved surfaces? I mean I live / race in the same state as you in one of the biggest / longest running outdoor programs in the state and the one year we tried WGT we never got more than 2 racers.
2 is incorrect .... I believe it was 5. Not much better, but we'd have never ran a class with only two. The reason that class failed at THS was the battery change from 4 cell to LiPo. Everyone, but me, cheaped out and didn't want to buy a battery.
scootr117 is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 04:15 AM
  #371  
Suspended
iTrader: (123)
 
dominick i.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: west new york, nj
Posts: 2,663
Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)
Default

is anyone else having trouble registering on roar's website?
dominick i. is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 AM
  #372  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,899
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeXray
There is also different types of racers, WGT and VTA seem to draw the less serious racers, ones not willing to take half week off of work and drop the $ to race a national event, at least at the outdoor level. We could have easily had 30 vta cars based on the racers in the area at last years nats, but most of them fit into this category and we ended up having those of us that just wanted a 2nd class to pass some time.
Maybe that is your experience with WGT but not mine. Most of the WGT racers at the carpet nats, Snowbirds, IIC, Halloween Classic and Indoor Champs are very serious racers. All races that had WGT car counts that out numberd some of the classes that are being run at this event. Yes those races were on carpet but there is no reason given so far to exclude it other than no one asked for the class.
If ROAR doesn't grant an exception to the 1/12 scale racers they will only race in one class (unless they have a TC). There is a lot of crossover between those two classes at the majors.
old_dude is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 05:27 AM
  #373  
Tech Elite
 
trytowin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: on the asphalt
Posts: 2,137
Default

Originally Posted by dominick i.
is anyone else having trouble registering on roar's website?
I tried yesterday and couldn't. It kept flip-flopping back and forth !?
trytowin is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 08:09 AM
  #374  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I can'y get on either- try writing to the admistrator ? To excude a class (WGT) at a national by ROAR for no reason? I've been racing that class before it was a class . I got it started in our series. No lights- it does not get dark time 8pm down here.This is a Nationals and all classes should be included.I did write something to the President of ROAR but no answer, so I wouild think they would respond to something on their fourm. Oh and USVA whatever has been non existant at 100% of our state series this year! They said they might show up one time (8) but they never showed. They do race RCGT but again there are only 3-4 of them if they show up.Most of time they don't! Both of these are just another regulated TC class and we don't want to run TC-if we did we would run TC.
Roar already got out of the oval business and now they want to get rid of the pan cars. Just go ahead and cancel the 1/12th's . Then it will be a straight TC nationals.What is ROAR doing - who knows?I can see it's doing the same thing the economy is doing- in the tank.
BullFrog is offline  
Old 05-25-2012, 08:25 AM
  #375  
Tech Regular
 
Espo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Plainfield Il.
Posts: 400
Default

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I can'y get on either- try writing to the admistrator ? To excude a class (WGT) at a national by ROAR for no reason? I've been racing that class before it was a class . I got it started in our series. No lights- it does not get dark time 8pm down here.This is a Nationals and all classes should be included.I did write something to the President of ROAR but no answer, so I wouild think they would respond to something on their fourm. Oh and USVA whatever has been non existant at 100% of our state series this year! They said they might show up one time (8) but they never showed. They do race RCGT but again there are only 3-4 of them if they show up.Most of time they don't! Both of these are just another regulated TC class and we don't want to run TC-if we did we would run TC.
Roar already got out of the oval business and now they want to get rid of the pan cars. Just go ahead and cancel the 1/12th's . Then it will be a straight TC nationals.What is ROAR doing - who knows?I can see it's doing the same thing the economy is doing- in the tank.
Yes I had the same problem....I e-mailed them and they asked me "why are you trying to get on the site"...Well I was just trying to get to the forum....I know my user name and password....the site just would not take it .......they still did not resolve the issue....very weird....
Espo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.