R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #151
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,661
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Trying to get the word out about this race. Here's a page from the RC Universe events calendar --> http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...2013&cobrand=1
.
If they could nail down the exact classes I think interest would grow
Nexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #152
Tech Regular
 
Espo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Plainfield Il.
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
If they could nail down the exact classes I think interest would grow


I think there is plenty of interest....what makes you think there is not so much interest?....It's still five months away .....are you interested?
__________________
R/CAmerica, Hudy, X-Ray, Trinity, Protoform, Speed Passion, Matrix Tires, Laser Products Industries, Leisure Hours Hobbies.........
Espo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #153
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,661
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
I think there is plenty of interest....what makes you think there is not so much interest?....It's still five months away .....are you interested?
Not saying there isn't interest, I wrote "more interest". Mainly hoping they can announce the classses so those interested can practice for the specific class or decide if they even want to go.

We can always relive 2006 with people yelling Nacho Libre during your runs.

Last edited by Nexus; 04-03-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Nexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #154
Tech Regular
 
Espo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Plainfield Il.
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Not saying there isn't interest. Mainly hoping they can announce the classses so those interested can practice for the specific class.

We can relive 2006 with people yelling Nacho Libre during your runs.

I know that you can plan on 17.5 and Mod.........13.5 is what everyone is hoping would be the extra class......From a pure monitory view the 13.5 would bring in an additional 30-40-50? entries.....

If you want to run 2 classes in touring and there is only 17.5 and Mod your gonna have to have 2 cars... way too much of a different set-up .....If 13.5 is added then you can race 2 classes 17.5 and 13.5...or 13.5 and Mod with the same car with not much change....much more economical ....IMO 13.5 would be a must for just those two reasons..... I believe that would make this race a sell-out or real close to it!!! And when is the last time we had that for an on-road Nats......

Nacho Libre?...Sure what the hell....I'll roll with that!!!........
__________________
R/CAmerica, Hudy, X-Ray, Trinity, Protoform, Speed Passion, Matrix Tires, Laser Products Industries, Leisure Hours Hobbies.........
Espo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #155
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,661
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
I know that you can plan on 17.5 and Mod.........13.5 is what everyone is hoping would be the extra class......From a pure monitory view the 13.5 would bring in an additional 30-40-50? entries.....

If you want to run 2 classes in touring and there is only 17.5 and Mod your gonna have to have 2 cars... way too much of a different set-up .....If 13.5 is added then you can race 2 classes 17.5 and 13.5...or 13.5 and Mod with the same car with not much change....much more economical ....IMO 13.5 would be a must for just those two reasons..... I believe that would make this race a sell-out or real close to it!!! And when is the last time we had that for an on-road Nats......

Nacho Libre?...Sure what the hell....I'll roll with that!!!........
Nice.

That's probably the best explanation on why 13.5 is a better choice than 17.5 boosted.
Nexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #156
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,558
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Nice.

That's probably the best explanation on why 13.5 is a better choice than 17.5 boosted.
Really?
a 17.5 blinky/ 17.5 boosted / 13.5 blinky chassis setup is nearly the same. My mod setup doesn't look anything like a stock/super stock setup.

Are we all still focusing on speedos? I thought we would be past that by now.

I much rather run boosted 17.5 than 13.5... the motors run cooler and last longer
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #157
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,661
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Really?
a 17.5 blinky/ 17.5 boosted / 13.5 blinky chassis setup is nearly the same. My mod setup doesn't look anything like a stock/super stock setup.

Are we all still focusing on speedos? I thought we would be past that by now.

I much rather run boosted 17.5 than 13.5... the motors run cooler and last longer
hmm OK fuggit.

I was still hoping for USGT
Nexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #158
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

I'd like to see 13.5 blinky as the extra class.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #159
Tech Regular
 
Espo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Plainfield Il.
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
I'd like to see 13.5 blinky as the extra class.

I guess I did not make my self clear....

I believe The TC classes should be 17.5b.....13.5b......and Mod.....

b=blinky

Per my post are the reasons.........
__________________
R/CAmerica, Hudy, X-Ray, Trinity, Protoform, Speed Passion, Matrix Tires, Laser Products Industries, Leisure Hours Hobbies.........
Espo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #160
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,567
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
hmm OK fuggit.

I was still hoping for USGT
me too...USGT and USVTA...yummy
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #161
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
me too...USGT and USVTA...yummy
A Track this size, it is not unreasonable to run 20 cars per heat for VTA and USVTA, heck 17.5 could run 15 cars per heat (and NONE of these are a IFMAR class), thus running 7 classes is VERY possible. But that would take ROAR to agree....

Why oh why do we not change it up. Look I'm recommending this at every event, only because this track and driver stand can support this. And when we did run 18 cars in the Main on this track 99% of the drivers LOVED it.

So if ROAR is reading this, please Reach out to Rob K and talk to him about this. Please don't take my word for it....

Last edited by bvoltz; 04-03-2012 at 04:09 PM.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #162
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
me too...USGT and USVTA...yummy
+1 and +1
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #163
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Nice.

That's probably the best explanation on why 13.5 is a better choice than 17.5 boosted.
17.5 Boosted is not ok with ROAR.... Blinky only from my understanding...
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #164
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Blinky 10.5 or 13.5 please....something in between 17.5 and mod.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #165
Tech Elite
 
trytowin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: on the asphalt
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
17.5 Boosted is not ok with ROAR.... Blinky only from my understanding...
Indeed, I've been told there will be NO boosted classes.
__________________
I'm just here to discharge my battery.
trytowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric on-road @ Leisure Hours Raceway casino57 Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 5491 10-18-2017 11:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:17 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net