Search
Like Tree1Likes

T.O.P. PHOTON EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAD916
A TQ and a win for my EX this weekend. Car was dialed all day used the left over team powers 36's from Reedy. Held up great and it was friken 103 degrees this weekend. She is geting the fluff and buff and now heading the carpet track for Vegas practice 2 months and counting
Yo mark LMK when you open the carpet track back up!! I'll run some laps with ya! I thougth about coming to the asphalt this weekend but it was a little warm and beers and boating sounded a little cooler LOL!!

See ya soon
Old 08-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is anyone else noticing any increased tweak issues on the new EX?

I ask because in the whole time I ran my original Photon, don't think I ever noticed a serious tweak develop on it, but at my last meet I noticed a major chassis tweak on the EX from a incident at the previous meet.

What I found a little more perplexing was I backed off the top deck and reset it on a car stand, only to find it did nothing to fix it.
On the old car that alone always fixed any minor tweak I ever encountered, I'm now in the process of a full de-tweak backing off all chassis screws etc, hoping it will fix it, though still a little confused as to why it's as severe as it is.

Perhaps it was just a worse hit than I thought???
Old 08-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop

I ask because in the whole time I ran my original Photon, don't think I ever noticed a serious tweak develop on it, but at my last meet I noticed a major chassis tweak on the EX from a incident at the previous meet.

What I found a little more perplexing was I backed off the top deck and reset it on a car stand, only to find it did nothing to fix it.
On the old car that alone always fixed any minor tweak I ever encountered, I'm now in the process of a full de-tweak backing off all chassis screws etc, hoping it will fix it, though still a little confused as to why it's as severe as it is.

I have actually found this car to tweak wayyyy less than the old car.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Typically with any car, if resetting the top deck has NO affect on the tweak, something is bent, and you have to hunt it down. Maybe a hingepin, or bulkhead.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Loosen all bulkheads and motor mount top and bottom. Then reapply.. should fix it. Watch out for the motor mount standoff ..
Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

If your using the original shock collars that where loose you may have skipped a thread. Measure and make sure there the same on each side.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hanulec
Loosen all bulkheads and motor mount top and bottom. Then reapply.. should fix it. Watch out for the motor mount standoff ..
Just finished doing that, it looks ok now, or as close as it's going to get.
I did notice something putting the top deck back on though, and remembered it from the original build, holes were a little tight fitting the deck, so I ran a file though the holes, now it screws down a little easier.

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
If your using the original shock collars that where loose you may have skipped a thread. Measure and make sure there the same on each side.
I took off my loose collars after the first meet, was running the ones off my old Photon, new ones showed up from TOP Australia not that long ago, first meeting I was running those, perfect fit now.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Hi all,

I have just joined T.O.P racing in the UK to run the Photon EX... as part of building up my car I put together a build review on my site - would be great if you guys had a look and gave me any pointers if I missed anything or if you are thinking of buying a Photon EX it is hopefully a good review to show the car going together.

My site; http://www.rcracingni.co.uk

Stephen
Old 08-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Nice, like seeing build reviews.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

So for vta . I been running a newly built v2 photon with 6cell chassis for added flex for about 2yrs and its dialed never have any issues its always spot on .
I need to pick up another photon so me and my son to run . My questionis would there be any benifit to getting a ex over the v2 photon for running vta?
Old 08-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

hey guys I just recently acquired a top EX and noticed the diff leaks like crazy it leaks just sitting there I haven't even run the car yet! I heard of some kyosho o-rings working very well, I have gone back through the many pages on here but have had no luck finding the part number for the kyosho rings. can anyone help me out??
Old 08-14-2012, 05:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tha Beast
hey guys I just recently acquired a top EX and noticed the diff leaks like crazy it leaks just sitting there I haven't even run the car yet! I heard of some kyosho o-rings working very well, I have gone back through the many pages on here but have had no luck finding the part number for the kyosho rings. can anyone help me out??
Gear diff-- use motor spray on the orings. Let them sit for a while to swell

Shocks-- use kyosho orings as mentioned in my wiki...
Old 08-14-2012, 07:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Any rumors of a new car being released over winter time?
Old 08-14-2012, 08:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i used the diff orings from my mugen mbx-6, has not leaked a drop in 3 months...
Old 08-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

another option you may want to consider, yokomo bd5 gear diffs fit straight into the photon's,have the same amount of teeth on them, & dont leak (not sure how good the supply of yok stuff is in the us) in aus its ok even better from hong kong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.