Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

T.O.P. PHOTON EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

I couldnt agree with you anymore larry about the sway bars specially the ones made for 1/10 electric tc.. like a .55 bar or .65 bar ext.. the only car i think that had sway bars that kinda did what they were suppose to do was the losi jrxsr cause of the short arms, way they were mounted and normal shock setup being so light in oil and in spring...

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I have never run swaybars on the Photon with any success and I will continue this trend with the EX.

Swaybars are a big PITA to me and I chose not to deal with them, and will continue to develop setups that are swaybar free.

I know some people seem to think you need them which is fine but I really dont like their inconsistency. IMO if the swaybar cant pick up the arm without the weight of the shock on the arm then it isnt going to do much when the shock is connected.

I have yet to see a swaybar work how I would like on any car that isnt a gas car.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hoping for an update bump
Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by S.Stew
Hoping for an update bump
World Wide:
Kits are shipping from the factory next week.

North America:
Depending on what day of the week they ship from the factory, we may be able to have kits to our customers by the weekend of April 28th.

Prioritization will be to those attending the Reedy Race (May 24-27). If you would like a kit and are attending the Reedy please email us at [email protected]. ASAP (if you haven't done so already)

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default Kit Configuration Option

North America Customer:

The price of the EX will be $349.99

TOP USA is offering the Aluminum Steering Block V2 for an additional $20 (Normal price is $27.99) with the purchase of the kit.

The V2 block has an extended 3rd hole that puts the steering geometry in the right place and yields the correct ackerman. I would encourage purchasing this option.

PM me for any questions.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
World Wide:
Kits are shipping from the factory next week.
I'm Like It!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano
I'm Like It!
Me too! haha
Old 04-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes! Thanks for the update!

I was on the "pre-order" list...will we be getting an email when our kits are available?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by S.Stew
Yes! Thanks for the update!

I was on the "pre-order" list...will we be getting an email when our kits are available?
Yes expect an email soon! I've got mine working really well on asphalt!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

We will call or e-mail everyone as soon as the kits arrive so make sure we have the contact method that you want us to use. As soon as we receive your payment we will package and ship USPS Priority that same day.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

sweet cant wait to get mine . After breaking by leg last week i need something to work on wile setting down. Lol
Old 04-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Old 04-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Video of my EX over the weekend at Norcal Hobbies.

**Sorry No Audio**

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 PM
AOD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Video of my EX over the weekend at Norcal Hobbies.

**Sorry No Audio**

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Post setup please.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The V2 block has an extended 3rd hole that puts the steering geometry in the right place and yields the correct ackerman. I would encourage purchasing this option.

e.j. just a question on the above comment,this new car hasnt even reached the public yet & here is a recomended change to improve a new car,was this not tried on the prototype & this info fed back to t.o.p. so this could have been done/improved the ackerman before the final production version was decided on.

also was the v2 block thing discovered on carpet or asphalt or both & what advantage was dicovered with this over the standard block that will come with the kits

not flaming here just wondering
Old 04-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Professor

e.j. just a question on the above comment,this new car hasnt even reached the public yet & here is a recomended change to improve a new car,was this not tried on the prototype & this info fed back to t.o.p. so this could have been done/improved the ackerman before the final production version was decided on.

also was the v2 block thing discovered on carpet or asphalt or both & what advantage was dicovered with this over the standard block that will come with the kits

not flaming here just wondering
I don't think its an "upgrade" more of a durability strengthening. One less thing to break at the wrong time. I could be wrong though....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.