R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   VFS-1 vs. Pro Rapida (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/58066-vfs-1-vs-pro-rapida.html)

loosenut 12-21-2004 08:22 PM

VFS-1 vs. Pro Rapida

I've basically narrowed it down to two speed controls....

VFS-1 and Pro Rapida....its a tough one...any opinions?

G

AdrianM 12-21-2004 08:30 PM

Might be a dumb question but...what is the VFS-1?

I am an importer of the Rapidas. Oviously I have no experience with the VFS-1 but if its from a well know company i'm sure its an excellent speed control that any racer would be happy with.

All I can say about the Rapida is that I have used Keyence stuff for 4 years with good results. Lots of guys here will say the same. The main thing Keyence can offer you is a phone number and an email that will get you answers from guys that actually have Zero V Ex's or Rapida Pro's in thier personal cars.

Novak and LRP and KO can also provide this type of service.

Shane Reinink 12-21-2004 08:39 PM

Originally posted by AdrianM
Might be a dumb question but...what is the VFS-1?

KO Propo

loosenut 12-21-2004 08:49 PM

Where is the best place to get a keyence...I've search all over..I know speedtechrc has them but they have been out of stock for a while..

Yea Ko Propo VSF-1
G

loosenut 12-21-2004 08:52 PM

I know that the vfs-1 come either with teh esc only or the hand held controller. What happens if I don't get the controller - how do you adjust the setting? Is the default setting good already?

I'm kinda of leaning towards Ko because i have a helios and it would be nice to have all the electronics from one company! Hehe..

G

rc-zombies 12-21-2004 09:30 PM

Originally posted by loosenut
I know that the vfs-1 come either with teh esc only or the hand held controller. What happens if I don't get the controller - how do you adjust the setting? Is the default setting good already?

I'm kinda of leaning towards Ko because i have a helios and it would be nice to have all the electronics from one company! Hehe..

G

The default setting is good enough.. but if want to use the speedo to it's full potential get the handheld controller... it will be cheaper getting it as a set then buying it seperately later.

either speedo you choose will be a good choice.. they're both excellent.

Hebiki 12-22-2004 12:32 AM

hey loosenut

you might have to flip a coin. like the previous posts say.. both escs are high end competition level escs.

if you opt for the VFS-1, get the combo package so that you can adjust the esc. the default setting is "okay" for stock. and pretty good for mod. with the programmer, you can program it (see the VFS-1 thread for programming help and profile advice) and really take advantage of what the esc is capable. its definitely an advantage for stock, 19T and mod when you can dial in more punch without having to adjust your final drive ratio.

one thing tho.. the VFS-1 doesnt say "hello" to you like the Keyence does. :D

TCR 12-22-2004 01:17 AM

Where is the best place to get a keyence...I've search all over..I know speedtechrc has them but they have been out of stock for a while..

Yea Ko Propo VSF-1
G

Ultimate hobbies,
Do a phone order they offer free shipping and good prices, there the west coast importer of Keyence
714-921-0424

rapida's are 169.95 last i checked
I think they might even come in 2 colors black and blue, they also carry the rest of the Keyence line.

I also have a Helios, and my rapida works awsome with it.

ohh and yes there in stock, I just saw some in the showcase today =)

sportracer 12-22-2004 06:26 AM

with the rapida you don't need a external devise to change the profiles of the speed control like you do for the vsf-1 or the older cyclone series from novak which are still awsome esc (got two when they came out 3-4 years ago not a moments trouble) it's nice not to have to carry somthing extra around to adjust your esc
my zero v-extreme is just about the best controler around tells you batt. voltage heat of the esc can hold several different profile for different track and/or track conditions.

STLNLST 12-22-2004 11:03 PM

Yea Ko Propo VSF-1
G

If you're in Northern Cali check out speedworld. Billy has some keyences in stock.

ddesros2 12-23-2004 05:56 AM

I have the Keyence Rapida pro in my 12th scale and it's by far the best speed control I've ever owned. Lots of settings, easy to set (use your radio to scroll trough the settings) very reliable. I've had no experience with the Ko speed control, but I would give the nod to Keyence any day.:D