Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Another AMB Price Increase is it Fair? >

Another AMB Price Increase is it Fair?

Another AMB Price Increase is it Fair?

Old 12-21-2004, 03:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the one thing that pissed me off was the sudden price increase overnight. My friend bought his transponder a week before i bought mine, he said he paid 60 bux for it. I ended up paying 85, and this was back in June/July. But hey, price increases arent a new thing, anyone check out the EX-10 helios? that has gone up 20 bux, it was 254.99 now its 274.99.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

regardless of what they cost in finland I dont give a crap they are silly expensive!!!

and what good does a buisness card transponder do for me if it wont work with the other systems using the amb sys.
the only way to get them to drop their prices is dont buy it. But the reality is they dont care because they dont just make model car stuff they also make this crap for the full scale if I am not mistakin.
All they are doing is hurting the young kids and the first time racer . worst part about this is that its happening at a time when racing is having a hard time attracting newbies. It will end up being for the hardcore pretty soon. I am sure somebody will come out with something sooner or later. Guess we'll have to wait!
Old 12-21-2004, 04:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

We had sudden increase here too, so I understand the situation. Earlier they were ~ 50 EUR cheaper here, but then suddenly they raised the price. I had the information how much they would cost and I was just about to get one couple months ago during race event, but as soon as I did hear the new price at resellers booth, I cancelled the deal and didn't buy it since it's not mandatory here (yet) and we can still get one for each heat from the race organizers. I just thought that it would be nice to have one permanently in my car and I could this way save some time before and after every heat. I just hate it when I need to be asking and waiting for my transponder before every heat and after taking it out in a hurry.

I asked for explanation for the sudden price increase and our reseller told that AMB has raised the price and they are now making only personal transponders, so when you buy new timing equipment, they won't sell that 2*10 transponder set with it anymore. Does anyone know is this really true or just some made up explanation for the price increase?
Old 12-21-2004, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

To all that say stop wining, I can afford to buy this system with no problem. I would like to know why we are paying so much? If you can answer that question great. This is hurting our hobby, we try to cost cut and we end up paying more and to all the newbies they are getting out of the hobby becaue of things like this. Again I can buy the best stuff but what about the racers who can't? How do we keep them in the hobby? If we can't question why companies raise prices then we are the fools.
And that is why I love the US, we have the freedom to do that.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Price raised in Europe too!

(From 55€ to ~80€ here in Italy)
Old 12-21-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

I hear lots of clubs they not using AMBrc pt coz expensve ,using handouts instead so clubs moanin! if handoutrs not available wot we all gonna do? sure some company bring out there own pt iseen one for old AMB20 http://www.team-mrt.com (bottom of page) maybe they do a new type pt sometime?
Old 12-21-2004, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Another AMB Price Increase is it Fair?

Originally posted by gijoe64
Is sombody getting rich on us?
welcome to the WORLD.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:57 AM

To all that say stop wining, I can afford to buy this system with no problem. I would like to know why we are paying so much? If you can answer that question great.
oh thats easy, A: because we will pay it.

ever drive around town, and look at all the cars sitting on the lots, ever think what would happen if no one bought a new car for six months, you think maybe that 40.000 dollar diesel pickup would sell for around 20.000 like it should. look at all the year end deals you can get now, 5 ,7, grand off, (rebates) sorry to ramble,

anyway, the charge it, we pay it,
Old 12-21-2004, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by ritchie
oh thats easy, A: because we will pay it.

ever drive around town, and look at all the cars sitting on the lots, ever think what would happen if no one bought a new car for six months, you think maybe that 40.000 dollar diesel pickup would sell for around 20.000 like it should. look at all the year end deals you can get now, 5 ,7, grand off, (rebates) sorry to ramble,

anyway, the charge it, we pay it,
So what your saying is if you can't afford the hobby get out?
We have to buy this system! It is not a choice, I race at big events
and it is required. Yes we will pay it, but can you answer my question instead of being a smarta**?
Old 12-21-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If everyone went to this system all could be right in the world.
Yes the system at the beginning is expencive but the transponders are included and replacements are much less and each one can be changed quickly with a crystal type system
Here is the system.
http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...0.1059.0.0.0.0
Here is the equipment
http://www.shopatron.com/index/166.0.1059.56.0.0.0

My local Hobby shop is saving for it right now.
Merry CHRISTmas
Stephen <><
Old 12-21-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
[B]If everyone went to this system all could be right in the world.
really?? wouldn't bother.......
Old 12-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

When did they stop providing transponders at big events? Alot of people are still using track supplied units (Jesse Robbers car still had a mount in there at the Nats) though I'm definetly in the minority in doing so at the track I go to. I think we should demand that the track provide them all the way up to the worlds events. Does anybody know who the ROAR official to email is?
Old 12-21-2004, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Davidka
When did they stop providing transponders at big events? Alot of people are still using track supplied units (Jesse Robbers car still had a mount in there at the Nats) though I'm definetly in the minority in doing so at the track I go to. I think we should demand that the track provide them all the way up to the worlds events. Does anybody know who the ROAR official to email is?
If you are concerned about the transponders, you can contact Rick Wilson, President or Dennis Samson, Competition Director.

You can get both of their email addresses at www.roarracing.com

Bottom line is, pony up and get a personal. Life is so much easier with one.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

how much would the price now will be?
Old 12-21-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Another AMB Price Increase is it Fair?

AMB is raising their prices up 14% or so, I know thier the only game intown, but is there going to be any other company out their going to make these transponders? This would bring the price down and bring a little competition to the market. They raise the price like US stamps, were are they made? Can they be made cheaper? Is their a exclusive patient?
I would like to know why we are spending so much money on this, because in order to attend big races even some local you have to have a personal transponder. Is sombody getting rich on us?
The only fair price is the price you are willing to pay.

Just for reference, and AMB transponder for a full size race car is almost $300.00.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.