TKR TKX-10

Old 01-11-2012, 06:59 AM
  #16  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 167
Default

Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Just got my code brown edition LE. The new top deck design is genius, it can go from soft to firm with the simple removal of seven parts. My question to the experienced racers, when racing on the rug is it better to have a floppy deck or a firm deck?
good !! how's the rear spool and car?
photos please.....
mos-leung is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 AM
  #17  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mos-leung View Post
good !! how's the rear spool and car?
photos please.....
The car turns on a dime. Love the rear spool. I'll get some pics once I paint the driver figure. Still deciding between Navin Johnson or Dirk Diggler for the driver.
Chaz955i is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 09:41 AM
  #18  
Tech Master
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 1,062
Default

Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Just got my code brown edition LE. The new top deck design is genius, it can go from soft to firm with the simple removal of seven parts. My question to the experienced racers, when racing on the rug is it better to have a floppy deck or a firm deck?
Depends on the type of rug. If it's the modern short-pile stuff then a firm deck all the way...
daleburr is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 09:59 AM
  #19  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
Depends on the type of rug. If it's the modern short-pile stuff then a firm deck all the way...
Excellent information!!
Chaz955i is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 10:18 AM
  #20  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Crowder
Posts: 41
Default

id love to try the rear spool. when can we expect some pics.
Operator27 is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 02:33 PM
  #21  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (115)
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,647
Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
Depends on the type of rug. If it's the modern short-pile stuff then a firm deck all the way...
What if it's virgin rug that we are talking about? Go semi-stiff or full firm?
nf_ekt is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 03:48 PM
  #22  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Operator27 View Post
id love to try the rear spool. when can we expect some pics.
TKR had a photo shoot scheduled for today but the model got some bad seafood the night before. Hoping to have some shots by the weekend.

More about the car... Many who have driven a shaft drive car notice a slight lag or wind up in the drivetrain of belt driven cars. TKR Racing engineers have cleverly developed a solution called Tension Isolating Traction System or T.I.T.S. This system utilizes the latest computer modeling to deliver a belt system with almost equal tension on both runs of the belt eliminating lag either under accelleration or braking. Team driver Bjorn Gay graciously took time away from testing in Haiti to send me an update.

From: BjornGay
To: Hotguy71
Sent: 20120111, 02:45PM
Subject: TKR TKX-10


Hey Chaz,
How's it going? Thought I drop in with a little news about the TKX and how it is performing. So far things are going splendid. You may know that I preferred shaft driven for many years. I'm happy to tell you that I am a 100% convert to T.I.T.S. This system is so smooth yet immediate. The car just falls into turns, and carries considerable corner speed. Just wait until the competition start seeing cars with T.I.T.S on the track. They won't know what hit them. LOL!! The best part is that moving from shaft to T.I.T.S is so easy, so natural, there is hardly any learning curve.

Heard there was a cleanup on the set of the photo shoot. Yuck!!

Anyway take care and enjoy the car.

Cheers,
Bjorn
Chaz955i is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 05:13 PM
  #23  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
Tread1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NE OHIO
Posts: 355
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Gotta tell ya,I love the T.I.T.S
Tread1 is offline  
Old 01-20-2012, 03:52 PM
  #24  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (31)
 
kingbee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: oHIo
Posts: 317
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

The T.I.T.S. is outrageous! Chaz was amazing this past weekend. He claims that the car needed no setup at all he just plopped it on the track and it was dialed. It was truly amazing to watch this work of art on the track...oh and the car was really good too.
kingbee9 is offline  
Old 01-20-2012, 08:06 PM
  #25  
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,664
Default

Bjorn ran the TKX-10 at the Third Leg of the Midwest Grand Slam at the Big Rug in Indy last weekend. Even though a marshal stepped on his prized package (ouch!) and broke both arms on one side of the car, Bjorn was still able to finish the qualifier. Thanks to the rear spool, the car continued to track straight, effectively being driven from the rear end.

It did appear to be a little pushy in the rear, but apparently a little Gay pride prevented him from pulling out of the race.

Personally, the T.I.T.S. have attracted me to this car, but I'll be opting for the extra stiff package. Luckily, everything comes in one box!
CarbonJoe is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 07:00 AM
  #26  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Bjorn ran the TKX-10 at the Third Leg of the Midwest Grand Slam at the Big Rug in Indy last weekend. Even though a marshal stepped on his prized package (ouch!) and broke both arms on one side of the car, Bjorn was still able to finish the qualifier. Thanks to the rear spool, the car continued to track straight, effectively being driven from the rear end.

It did appear to be a little pushy in the rear, but apparently a little Gay pride prevented him from pulling out of the race.

Personally, the T.I.T.S. have attracted me to this car, but I'll be opting for the extra stiff package. Luckily, everything comes in one box!
Thanks for the race report CarbonJoe!!
Chaz955i is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 07:11 AM
  #27  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

whats the url for there website plz
Craig W is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 07:41 AM
  #28  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kingbee9 View Post
The T.I.T.S. is outrageous! Chaz was amazing this past weekend. He claims that the car needed no setup at all he just plopped it on the track and it was dialed. It was truly amazing to watch this work of art on the track...oh and the car was really good too.
Thanks Man, but it was all the car. I'm still amazed at how well the rear spool works. I ran at least ten packs through that rear end over the weekend and it never loosened up a bit.

And just to let you know TKR is adding another car to the stable, the TKR-TKX12 Uber Optimal Lipo Edition. This car will be the first to utilize a chassis of AerMet alloy, and berylium bulkheads. Street price for the chassis is $799.99. Should be hitting the street in early March.
Chaz955i is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 06:22 PM
  #29  
Tech Regular
 
Manny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 421
Default

Manny is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 09:28 PM
  #30  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (115)
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,647
Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default

Thought I heard something about the car also being equiped with a setup called Absolute Steering Stabilization? I imagine this along with the T.I.T.S set up must make for an incredible ride. Can't wait to experience it.
nf_ekt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.