Old 12-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That sucks... Snowbird limit is 3600 haha
Old 12-20-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by tc3Guru
lol i don't really understand they better come up with some better motor technology to go the round. i run my gp3300's w/ stock motor for 5 min heat slightly over geared. and it's damn hot i could imagine runnin for 8 minutes. destroyed motor!

someone explain what the point is. i guess you would get more punch.
more run time i supose but you really don't need it.
gp300 is plenty enough even for low turn mods. and enough gearing to kill your motor.

someone explain what the point is!

I agree used to you would gear your motor to not dump the battery. Now you gear it to dump it...maybe. Then its so hot you can't touch it for an hour. Don't see the need for anymore battery capacity right now.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Team Turtle
I agree used to you would gear your motor to not dump the battery. Now you gear it to dump it...maybe. Then its so hot you can't touch it for an hour. Don't see the need for anymore battery capacity right now.
indeed, someone else understands my thoughts as well.
my 3300'swill do fine. what about brushless i've never had any experience them them. do they get as hot or hotter than brush motors? may be abe to run longer w/ them is what i'm getting too. i know they make the cooling systems for some of the cars such as the tc4 but there is still no way to run more than 5 or 6 minutes i woudln't think

Beddow
Old 12-20-2004, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Brushless would be the way to go....

and a brushless would be the only motor that could withstand the longer run times. My Novak motor only gets a little warm during a hard run in 8 minutes. Never, ever, needed a fan, so these batteries would be nice for brushless in 10 min heats. You can even gear higher with a brushless. I hope brushless with take off in the near future. I hope Novak will make a smaller and more adjustable profile speed control soon. A 10 minute race would wear you out. But I don't think people can let go of brushed motors. They like to tweak them too much.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by teammediocre
that avatar is veryvery nice NR
Yeah..... I spent 7 minutes looking at it

the full pix address please....

back to topic, when GP3700 will be release ? is it legal for any race event ? I'm gonna kick some budds he... he... he....
Old 12-20-2004, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow! 3700...makes my 1 week old 3600's look obsolete..
Envy those guys who won those cells.

So, same question, when's the full release? mid next year? Time for some shopping soon!!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:23 AM
Regional Moderator

A correctly built brush motor can go for hr's and hr's, At a recent 10 hr enduro race I ran a 18/2 Team Brood motor for the whole 10 hrs with no maint. Lap times were running in the normal modified race range. So bring on the big batt's let's race longer.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Why not just throw away the nimh-cells and start with really develop lipoly cells? If they can make them to deliver more current, they will work awsome in our cars. 10-15 minute heats would not be a impossibility
Old 12-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

because we would have to throw out our chargers with them, too much of a change in equipment for the company to really have a gain, and they take forever to charge
Old 12-20-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Old 12-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I believe Hitec/Multiplex is working on a Three cell 11.1v and two cell 7.4V packs that are the same size as six sub C cells. So I wouldn't put it pass them to get things going. There is one draw back. No it isn't the charger issues because as long as you have a current shut-off and max rate of charge function on your charger than you can charge li-po's. Yes they are a little hard to work with but the real problem is the driver. You have to know how fast your battery will discharge and remember because if you discharge li-po's too much they won't charge right ever again. That is one problem. There is a slightly smaller problem for those without tub chassis (like me) because li-po do not like getting beat up if you get one small whole in the pack, Well we will just say your battery and car will become one...One big pile of melting toxic battery acid/plastic/grafite ooz. But I belive Hitec/Multiplex are working on a casing for the li-po's as so as not to allow any wholes to be made.
Now about the 3700's MAN I want to try these bad boys. I guess like others our 3600's will have to move to the practice pack list. MAN I JUST BOUGHT 20 CELLS LAST WEEK>>>>>>>>>>>> GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Oh well, Just another lastest and greatest thing I have go out and get...
Take Care ALL & May GOD Bless You & Yours this CHRISTmas season.
Stephen <><

Originally posted by Sparx
Why not just throw away the nimh-cells and start with really develop lipoly cells? If they can make them to deliver more current, they will work awsome in our cars. 10-15 minute heats would not be a impossibility
Old 12-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

well i always seem to struggle with run time unless i buy the latest greatest matched 1.18+ pack.

thats probably my gearing or what ever but at least with more capacity if you do get the gearing wrong you can at least finish the race :P i am talking 5 minutes with a 10 turn motor or quicker.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

pheyhoe-You shouldnt need higher voltage to make runtime.
That has nothing to do with it.
You just need to look hard and try to find some GP3300's with a true 430+ runtime at 30 amps.
Voltage doesnt really do anything for runtime at all.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

yes i know that voltage has nothing to do with runtime. voltage is punch etc.

but i generally find the higher spec packs have a longer runtime....
Old 12-20-2004, 09:11 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by pheyhoe
yes i know that voltage has nothing to do with runtime. voltage is punch etc.

but i generally find the higher spec packs have a longer
runtime....
Thatīs not completely right. I have seen high spec packs with high voltage and low runtime and also lower voltage and high runtime numbers. Both high voltage and high runtime numbers usually you canīt get in the shops. These are reserved for factory drivers most times.

But voltage does have an influence on runtime on the track. With a high voltage pack you will experience less runtime on the track than a lower voltage pack with the same runtime numbers. This is as a higher voltage will cause a higher amp draw unless youīre very careful with the throttle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.