R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #46
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
Good news, hope the series will be a hit. 1500 miles is that one way? Utmost respect to those that are attending that series.

If you were to drive from Victoria, BC, to Regina, SK (the to furthest points), it works out to 1900Km, 22Hr Drive each way! I think it would be better to fly to those races. :-)
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank View Post
Makes no sense? Its because they hold their line much better than a TC that makes it impossible to pass. These cars have tons of traction and drive like a large 12th scale car. Passing lanes at the highest level arent there.
Of all the WGT events up on YouTube and all the racing I've done in the class, I've never seen anyone not able to pass unless it was just plain evenly matched drivers. It takes patience and good driving to pull off nose to tail lap after lap without bumping someone. So much more than most people are willing to train for. A good cat and mouse match is fun to watch.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #48
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Of all the WGT events up on YouTube and all the racing I've done in the class, I've never seen anyone not able to pass unless it was just plain evenly matched drivers. It takes patience and good driving to pull off nose to tail lap after lap without bumping someone. So much more than most people are willing to train for. A good cat and mouse match is fun to watch.
Don't remind Steve (Bigdaddyswank). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57EgR3o0S-I
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have started racing carpet here in Utah after a two year gap away , and with the 10th pans, we started with 13.5 blinky and decided it was too slow. We are now running 10.5 boosted and 1s. It's much better. We are on an 80' x 50' track and I wouldn't mind going to a 2s setup. Roar isn't helping this class with the 1s stuff. It's a pain to run 1s. We all hate it. Roar dropped us on our head with the nitro GT class as well.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

There is a big difference in watching an A-Main at a national event on you-tube then actually driving in one.

Its just my opinion, its not to say passes cant be made, but my original point of a World Championship would be better suited on asphalt than carpet.

Hyperform racing--In memory of Lino
Bigdaddyswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I dont know how other clubs are, but when I am racing at ours, its pretty tough to make a pass. Doesnt matter what class, the drivers and the cars are so evenly matched you have to either force the driver ahead of you into a mistake, or wait patently and hope they make a mistake on their own.

Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #52
Tech Elite

We have the opposite problem in which we have all our WGT drivers in one heat regardless of skill level and passing becomes quite difficult due to lapped drivers going slow, braking too early or not holding a line. It makes for very quick reflexes and an interesting race with about 10 laps disparity between the entrants that finish.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #53
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
+1
Passing requires patience and skill, in any class of car on a tight track.

When done correctly it is very rewarding.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

when we ran boosted there seemed to be more opportunity for position changes.. now we just run blinky and it's a freight train..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #55
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
+1

+1
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #56
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
when we ran boosted there seemed to be more opportunity for position changes.. now we just run blinky and it's a freight train..
Every A thru C Main at iic was freight train like, no matter the motor.
It's normal when you have similar skill levels in racing.

Even in my 12th mod C-Main I was following and waiting for opportunities to pass. Man that was fun

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
+1

One of the things I love about pan-car based classes is that it tends to attract purists... the level of respect and clean racing always seems to be a tad better than in other classes .

Just reading this thread has me on the prowl for a wgt car. Something to go along with my occasional 12th scale racing.
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #58
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
One of the things I love about pan-car based classes is that it tends to attract purists... the level of respect and clean racing always seems to be a tad better than in other classes .

Just reading this thread has me on the prowl for a wgt car. Something to go along with my occasional 12th scale racing.
WGT cars are a lot of fun, with super low maintenance, this is also my second class to run for club racing.

The spec lilac rear tires hardly wear at all, so ride height, and roll adjustments are seldom done on racedays.
Blinky 13.5 is quick on our 90x45 rug, we aren't WFO around the track like 12th blinky 17.5

Old 12-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

I hear ya', I'm looking for a car . Some nice ones to choose from out there.

I have seen 13.5 locally on a medium sized high traction ashpalt track and the speed is right where it needs to be. 17.5 blinky 12th is almost kind of boring. Mod? man I have not seen many tracks in the US that can cater to that kind of rip!
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #60
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank View Post
There is a big difference in watching an A-Main at a national event on you-tube then actually driving in one.

Its just my opinion, its not to say passes cant be made, but my original point of a World Championship would be better suited on asphalt than carpet.
Agreed, and it should be the 235mm Pro10 chassis 2S Mod.