Old 12-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

pitbull x3 best one out their for the most punch on your pack
Old 12-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Picking a new primary charger

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Which tray excatly have you ordered? As far as I can see, Integy dont have a 30 amps tray...

I think you should consider, what you want to use that discharger for;

30 amps is normally considered suitable for mod, while 20 is some kind of standard for stock. However, I've never personally used 30 amps. I'm using 20 for stock, works great.

If you just need to discharge your packs, it sounds like you dont need a charger with a built in discharger.

In that case, I would look for chargers like LRP Pulsar Sport (100$) or the Pitbull or the Millenium.

On the other hand, if you would like to be able to re-match packs (nice if you get like 3-4 matched packs at the same time - when they start to drop of, you can re-match them), then you should look for a charger with a built in discharger AND the option of cycling individual cells.

Also, if you have a built in discharger, you can monitor the state of the pack, due to the data they can deliver.

In that case, I would look for 20 amps discharge rate, measuring IR and average voltage.

Then there's the "hidden" stuff: Lets take the CDC as an example. The fans are very loud. So are the beep tones. On the other hand, the display is extremely easy to read, both while you're seated and standing. It also have a built in step-up unit. So when the voltage lower, the unit steps up. Thus you can charge a pack to a higher voltage, than the power supply deliver. Nice for TX packs, and also makes the charger quite resistant to low voltages at big race events. If you have a high end power supply, this probably means less.

Motor run in. Hmmm. Why not simply use a 3 cell pack? It can be used for motors, while charging...

Integy does have a new 30 amp tray, don't know if it has been released yet but it has been seen in a magazine. And here is the website with the 30 amp discharge tray here
Old 12-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally posted by crimson eagle
Hi all,

Any of these chargers give you this kind of information?

Check out the pic.

Nice
Old 12-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have been using a Pitbull as my second charger to my GFX. Gives my packs good punch without overheating the cells and it is very small as well.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

My local hobby shop has already had a couple of the Integy 30 amp dischargers for a couple weeks now.