Community
Wiki Posts
Search

early 90's stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default early 90's stuff

just found this site today while going through a ton of old RC stuff. I am not really sure what to do with it all. I would hate to throw it out. I just need a little help to know if it is worth trying to sell or keep. I raced mostly straight axel and have several associated type chassis. I was sponsored by Twister Motors and have a ton of the old motors and a bunch of armatures, bags of different hardness of brushes, bags of springs.

I have several Protoform 1/10 scale lightly used NASCAR style bodies that are painted, several 1/12 scale Protoform bodies that are painted but are brand new. i have a Tekin battery charger, i even have a Lavco cell mate. That is just the surface of what i have. If somebody could just give me a little direction on what to do with this stuff that would be awesome.

thanks,
scott
Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shill
just found this site today while going through a ton of old RC stuff. I am not really sure what to do with it all. I would hate to throw it out. I just need a little help to know if it is worth trying to sell or keep. I raced mostly straight axel and have several associated type chassis. I was sponsored by Twister Motors and have a ton of the old motors and a bunch of armatures, bags of different hardness of brushes, bags of springs.

I have several Protoform 1/10 scale lightly used NASCAR style bodies that are painted, several 1/12 scale Protoform bodies that are painted but are brand new. i have a Tekin battery charger, i even have a Lavco cell mate. That is just the surface of what i have. If somebody could just give me a little direction on what to do with this stuff that would be awesome.

thanks,
scott

Contact Mr. Bob Stormer. He will know its value.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Contact Mr. Bob Stormer. He will know its value.
+1, also look at ebay completed auctions as that will give you another real world idea of value.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

There is a whole new market out there for brushed motors ,brushed motor assesories and tools. Rock crawlers eat this stuff up.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Send it over, I'll have a peak for you.

Drop a few pics to sales (at) stormerhobbies.com

I also raced for Mike in the late 80's.

You don't want to know some of this. You can get old Tekin chargers, all day for about $10 shipped, used bodys are relatively value-less, costs more to ship them than most are worth. Most don't fit "the next guys car", so you have extra holes, also not good for collecting. I've got a bulk box of springs from back in the day, 50 pounds of loose brush springs... probably 50,000 pair, worthless. There was simply to much of it left when we all moved on to the next level (or thing to race). If you check popular internet sales sites, used brushless motors are in the $4-$5 range, some sell, some don't. Occasionally you see somebody that hasn't done their homework, trying to sell roached out old motors for $30-$40... yea, they don't sell. just to many of them out there.

I'd love to see what you have though. You just never know. I'm more interested in the cars. Curious what you have.

-Bob

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 12-13-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There is little use for anything that has locked timing, especially if its trinity based with the squared can. Lower wind armatures are totally worthless for rock crawling. I can't $5 for a brand new mod arm 6-16t.....but I can get $30 for a 35t arm....go figure.

Some of your tools might have a little value to the crawler guys, assuming you can find someone who wants it. Rock crawler guys rarely rebuild their motors, and when they do it often sent into someone to do it. There are a few who do it, but not many.

Later EddieO

Originally Posted by Khador12
There is a whole new market out there for brushed motors ,brushed motor assesories and tools. Rock crawlers eat this stuff up.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

I tossed my inventory of brushes and springs last week,now what'll I do with the lathe, magnet zapper and dynos?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

well, scrap metal around here goes for $150 a ton...

PM me about the zapper if you have one. I don't have one in my collection. I might be interested.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
I tossed my inventory of brushes and springs last week,now what'll I do with the lathe, magnet zapper and dynos?
Don`t need a magnet zapper but the other stuff I am usally hunting for,so if I am then other people are you can make a little money on ebay with this stuff.