R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-03-2005, 03:06 AM   #151
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Found pictures now from the wing the Hotbodies drivers are using. As said before these look similar to the GW 3.1 beside the fact middle part isnīt raised as the GW but flat across the whole wide. If you look close there are also some lines around the mounting position so determining the mounting holes are easier. Anyone knows what brand/Type this wing is?
Iīm sorry for the modem users the pictures are quite big but on smaller pictures you canīt see the details.
Attached Thumbnails
Ride Touring Car Bodies-img_3449.jpg   Ride Touring Car Bodies-img_3357.jpg  
Old 07-03-2005, 03:21 AM   #152
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12
Found pictures now from the wing the Hotbodies drivers are using. As said before these look similar to the GW 3.1 beside the fact middle part isnīt raised as the GW but flat across the whole wide. If you look close there are also some lines around the mounting position so determining the mounting holes are easier. Anyone knows what brand/Type this wing is?
Iīm sorry for the modem users the pictures are quite big but on smaller pictures you canīt see the details.
I can't be 100% sure but I would say that it's the straight wing from the #TUR-0002 Xenon 190mm wing set. The Xenon wings have the same grid markings for mounting the wing so I would assume it's that wing.

http://www.xenon.ne.jp/new-2005-03.html
Old 07-03-2005, 07:25 AM   #153
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

ANyplace have the Ride Accord in stock as Speedtech is out of them? I need to get a couple to keep in stock. My TC4 runs great with one on plus I really like the looks of the body on the car.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:08 AM   #154
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to DraxXuter

Me got a nice honda civic coupée
DraxXuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 02:17 PM   #155
s2
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentech
I can't be 100% sure but I would say that it's the straight wing from the #TUR-0002 Xenon 190mm wing set. The Xenon wings have the same grid markings for mounting the wing so I would assume it's that wing.

http://www.xenon.ne.jp/new-2005-03.html
That is indeed correct, it is the straight wing from the Xenon Type-A/B wing set, TUR-0002.

Stew
s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #156
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2
That is indeed correct, it is the straight wing from the Xenon Type-A/B wing set, TUR-0002.

Stew
If I had known this before. Just have an order on itīs way from Japan. Anyone sells these Xenon wings in the UK?
Old 07-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #157
s2
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12
If I had known this before. Just have an order on itīs way from Japan. Anyone sells these Xenon wings in the UK?
Hi,

oh dear
im am not sure, in the UK Centre Point are now Xenon distributors, but in the Centre Point dealer catalougue the wings are not present, i did ask for a shop to see if they could get me the A/B wing set from Centre Point, its been about a week since then and no word yet, think i will check with them tomorrow to see whats happening. i purchased the Xenon C/D wing set from Japan, but they are pretty extreme looking, and i do not know what to expect when trying them.

Stew
Old 07-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #158
V12
Tech Elite

The problem is I never saw a real picture of a Xenon wing before. From Xenon there are just some schematic pictures but no real ones so I thought these wouldnīt be interesting. Oh well...
Old 07-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #159
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well,
Ran my Mk2 Stratus again today, I'm really begining to like this shell, very stable, if a little pushy. Ran it with the Flap RW wing, and I think it's an improvement over the std wing, at least the shell performed better than when I last tried it... Little dissapointed that they toned down the hump on the RW... but hey it works
Also put an RW on my Mazda6, but to get it too meet the bodyshell height, and wing height rules that are run over here, it needs to be cut down a fair bit, which I couldn't be bothered too do. Ahh well..

Later
Ed
Old 07-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #160
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2
Hi,

oh dear
im am not sure, in the UK Centre Point are now Xenon distributors, but in the Centre Point dealer catalougue the wings are not present, i did ask for a shop to see if they could get me the A/B wing set from Centre Point, its been about a week since then and no word yet, think i will check with them tomorrow to see whats happening. i purchased the Xenon C/D wing set from Japan, but they are pretty extreme looking, and i do not know what to expect when trying them.

Stew
Hi Stew
Are the Xenon C/D wings even more extreme looking then the flip flop flap wing?

And what do you all think to the Flap wing? Is it an improvement over most shells standard wings? Does it give more downforce/less downforce etc?

Thanks in advance.
Jonny
jonnyaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 02:50 PM   #161
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
Well,
Ran my Mk2 Stratus again today, I'm really begining to like this shell, very stable, if a little pushy. Ran it with the Flap RW wing, and I think it's an improvement over the std wing, at least the shell performed better than when I last tried it... Little dissapointed that they toned down the hump on the RW... but hey it works
Also put an RW on my Mazda6, but to get it too meet the bodyshell height, and wing height rules that are run over here, it needs to be cut down a fair bit, which I couldn't be bothered too do. Ahh well..

Later
Ed
Hmm... interesting. Tried the MK2 with the Flap highdownforce wing on a small track and had some oversteer on cornerexit, more than I liked. But have no Flap RW. Itīs also one of the wings I thought of but there are too much wings in Japan available and I didnīt wanted another curved one.
Ed, which of the Ride wings did you compared the RW to, the old or the new one?
Old 07-03-2005, 02:53 PM   #162
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyaird
Hi Stew
Haha...These wings really look crazy.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:25 PM   #163
s2
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyaird
Hi Stew

And what do you all think to the Flap wing? Is it an improvement over most shells standard wings? Does it give more downforce/less downforce etc?

Thanks in advance.
Jonny
yea the Xenon type C/D makes the Flap Type-R look tame.
i will take some comparison photos tomorrow.

i am not too sure of how they affect as the Type-R is fairly narrow, 175mm i think (not as narrow as the Excel 1 i got the other day, 168mm ), but the Xenons are much wider, the widest wings i have infact.

i have been using the Flap Type-R for a while now and have had good results, ive only really been using it with Yokomo Type-E which comes with GW3.1 as std, i prefer Type-R to GW3.1. the Flap Type-R is supposed to be 'ultra high downforce' but i am not too sure.

i like Ed also have the new Flap Type-RW, i feel this gives a fairly stable feel compared to the new style Ride high downforce and GW3.1.

will be racing on wednesday, and my car is pretty much dailed for the track using Flap Type-R, may try out the Xenons and Type-RW and see what happens...

Later
Stew
Old 07-03-2005, 04:06 PM   #164
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12

i think this should be EXCEL wing
Old 07-03-2005, 05:29 PM   #165
s2
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
i think this should be EXCEL wing
sorry no, its definatly the straight wing from the Xenon Type A/B set.
The Excel straight wing (#EA031) has a strengthening rib in the centre and there are small steps at the sides of the wing where the wing deck is lower by a few mm. Also i dont think that Excel wings have the grid, for easy positioning, marked on them.