V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I think the Accord might be your best bet
-Dave
Dave
Will try the Accord at the next race there.
Iīm just unsure on the GW 3.1 wing. Do you think this wing still has some advantage over the new Ride wing on certain conditions (maybe lowgrip) or is the difference so small it doesnīt make sense. Canīt get these wings here so have to order overseas and Iīm not sure if it makes sense spend that money.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:07 AM   #137
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer

I'm running the Ride Honda for about a month now,but on most tracks the Mazda drove better. I have to say that we hav to cut down our wings that far that they are undre the height of the roof. so the Mazda has plenty of steering. This weekend I gonna test many things again. Some Setupchanges and two other wings on the Honda. untill now I'm driving the "new style wing".
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:38 AM   #138
s2
Tech Adept

Default Ride Accord vs Excel Accord

is there any major differance between them?
i see the wing is quite different, but regarding the shape/handeling are they very different?

Thanks
Stew
s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:47 AM   #139
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2
is there any major differance between them?
i see the wing is quite different, but regarding the shape/handeling are they very different?

Thanks
Stew
The Rear wing was the only thing that was changed... to go along with the newer JMRCA regulations ..which is 190mm on the rear wing size.. vice 175mm... other than that the rear would feel a little more planted due to the larger wing and there might be a little loss in straight line speed.. showing from some of the tests that RC World did last month on 10 of the most popular TC bodies

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:51 AM   #140
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
The Rear wing was the only thing that was changed... to go along with the newer JMRCA regulations ..which is 190mm on the rear wing size.. vice 175mm... other than that the rear would feel a little more planted due to the larger wing and there might be a little loss in straight line speed.. showing from some of the tests that RC World did last month on 10 of the most popular TC bodies

-Dave
Dave,
You can not just leave us in suspence...what were the results of the the ten best TC bodies....?????????????????
-SHookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:56 AM   #141
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:

-Dave
If RC World is that magazine I think of, yes there are nice pictures and everything.
But I canīt read anything.
Also never seen again since about one year.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:02 AM   #142
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Dave,
You can not just leave us in suspence...what were the results of the the ten best TC bodies....?????????????????
-SHookie <><
There really was no clear winner.. but they basically pointed all of the good points of each body and the bad points... and basically they did testing on a Med~High grip track..
Here are some of the bodies that were tested
Yokomo Type`E`
3.0 Dodge AP
Mazda6
Ride MKI
Ride MKII
Ride MKIII
Ride Accord
EXCEL Accord
EXCEL Dodge II
Rayspeed Accord
Old 07-01-2005, 08:04 AM   #143
s2
Tech Adept

Quote:

-Dave
Thanks, i got quite a few different wings to try too so im sure ill be sorted
Have you had any experience with the Xenon C/D wings?

Stew
s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:07 AM   #144
V12
Tech Elite

So these are the most interesting bodies currently. And what did they found out as the good and bad points on each?
I think everyone wants to know now.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:16 AM   #145
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12
So these are the most interesting bodies currently. And what did they found out as the good and bad points on each?
I think everyone wants to know now.
May Japanese Kanji skills are not quite up to par.... but I can rear about 40% of the article..and find out what they have said about them... give me a day or two.. and I`ll see what I can find out

-Dave
Old 07-01-2005, 08:21 AM   #146
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2
Thanks, i got quite a few different wings to try too so im sure ill be sorted
Have you had any experience with the Xenon C/D wings?

Stew
Itīs quite crazy how much different wings there are available in Japan and you canīt get here. Just have the GW 3.1 on order now. I also was thinking of the Xenon wings and the new Flap but I just wanted a highdownforce wing so maybe donīt need the others. There is just one wing left I never found out who makes them. Itīs the one the HB drivers (Hara, Karn, Andy Moore) are using on their Ride bodies. Looks similar to the straight GW 3.1 but the middle part isnīt raised as the GW but flat across the whole wide. This was used at the LRP Masters in April also. Maybe I can find a picture.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:24 AM   #147
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
May Japanese Kanji skills are not quite up to par.... but I can rear about 40% of the article..and find out what they have said about them... give me a day or two.. and I`ll see what I can find out

-Dave
Thanks on that Dave. Most guys like me can read 0 %.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:34 AM   #148
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
I'm running the Ride Honda for about a month now,but on most tracks the Mazda drove better. I have to say that we hav to cut down our wings that far that they are undre the height of the roof. so the Mazda has plenty of steering. This weekend I gonna test many things again. Some Setupchanges and two other wings on the Honda. untill now I'm driving the "new style wing".
a fellow driver tested the Protoform Mazda 6 against the Ride Accord today using a Yokomo BD. lap times were very close with a difference of 0.1 sec favouring the Mazda 6. the track had a short straight (approx 30m) with a tight/medium infield. my personal observations was that the Ride had a bit more flow in the corners while the Mazda had a bit more, how shall I say, 'snap'. I guess it is still a very subjective thing when it comes to bodyshells.
Kyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:54 AM   #149
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyew
a fellow driver tested the Protoform Mazda 6 against the Ride Accord today using a Yokomo BD. lap times were very close with a difference of 0.1 sec favouring the Mazda 6. the track had a short straight (approx 30m) with a tight/medium infield. my personal observations was that the Ride had a bit more flow in the corners while the Mazda had a bit more, how shall I say, 'snap'. I guess it is still a very subjective thing when it comes to bodyshells.
I haven't tested the Honda yet, but I've found that the Mazda 6 definitely gives you a feeling that your fingers are directly connected to the steering linkages. As I've improved in my driving, I tend to like this feeling as it allows me to run side by side with another car through tricky turn combinations for passing without taking us both out. However, I've found that if the setup on the rear of my car is off in anyway then the Mazda 6 makes the car twitchy and can produce abrupt oversteering. I've found the key to a good rear setup for it normally includes slightly harder spring setup (to keep the rear flatter), a bit more rear toe (to keep it stable) and less camber (to keep maximum contact patch on the outside tire since the car runs flatter through the turns). For me the result is a planted feel with very predictable rear end rotation (a.k.a. slipping or sliding) through the corners that becomes rock solid stable once the throttle is applied. A loose rear diff is key as well.
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:53 PM   #150
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Martin Hofer

Today I've tested again. I used the spoiler of an Mazda 6 body, which was cuted down to an height of about 1,8cm. We have to drive it that small. I couldn't believe how the body handled. Tons of Steering especially at high speed turns. I drove a 7T Motor with oneway on this track www.mac-mettenheim.de (You have to klick on "Strecke" to see pics of the track) We drove counter clockwise. So we had to drive an 180° turn after the longest straight. Everyone should try such an "small" wing. It's worth the test.

MH.
Martin Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote