R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #106
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

did somebody say VTA?
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:38 PM   #107
Tech Addict
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
did somebody say VTA?
YES THEY DID!

25.5 VTA
Any 25.5
ROAR Sportsman ESC's
ROAR Legal 2s Lipo
1450 weight limit
Single 8 minute main


It's not true USVTA but it is close enough that a USVTA legal car will still be competitive (basically ROAR VTA rules with any 25.5 motor and any ESC on the ROAR sportsman list with 1450 grams weight and no mandatory driver figure). The only other 25.5s that I know of are the Trinity/Team Epic D3s and Speed Passion and they seem to have similar power curves to the Novak 25.5s so ot should be all good. Since VTA is the largest class locally we were hoping it would be added and it was.
__________________
Bill
"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
Team Qik
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #108
Tech Elite
 
redron123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,624
Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post
YES THEY DID!

25.5 VTA
Any 25.5
ROAR Sportsman ESC's
ROAR Legal 2s Lipo
1450 weight limit
Single 8 minute main


It's not true USVTA but it is close enough that a USVTA legal car will still be competitive (basically ROAR VTA rules with any 25.5 motor and any ESC on the ROAR sportsman list with 1450 grams weight and no mandatory driver figure). The only other 25.5s that I know of are the Trinity/Team Epic D3s and Speed Passion and they seem to have similar power curves to the Novak 25.5s so ot should be all good. Since VTA is the largest class locally we were hoping it would be added and it was.
So is there a Mah limit on the battery or just any marked battery that says roar approved? I am glad roar is going the way they are with the rules.
__________________
check it out ----> www.ddatvinc.weebly.com D & D ATV PARTS INC.
redron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #109
Tech Addict
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redron123 View Post
So is there a Mah limit on the battery or just any marked battery that says roar approved? I am glad roar is going the way they are with the rules.
You would need to contact Andrew about a battery mAh limit. The local class rules are 5000 mAh (USVTA compliant) and if you already have a USVTA compliant setup then you already have 5000mAh batteries. Current ROAR rules state 2S 7.4 lipo battery and do not specify a mAh limit.

Please note that I am not a race official for this race and do not represent Mikes Hobby Shop or ROAR in any official capacity. Just a local racer trying to pass along some pertinent information. If you need an official answer to any question pertaining to any rules for this race, please contact Mike Darnell or Andrew Doherty. Their contact information is in the first post of this thread.
__________________
Bill
"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
Team Qik
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #110
Tech Elite
 
redron123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,624
Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post
You would need to contact Andrew about a battery mAh limit. The local class rules are 5000 mAh (USVTA compliant) and if you already have a USVTA compliant setup then you already have 5000mAh batteries. Current ROAR rules state 2S 7.4 lipo battery and do not specify a mAh limit.

Please note that I am not a race official for this race and do not represent Mikes Hobby Shop or ROAR in any official capacity. Just a local racer trying to pass along some pertinent information. If you need an official answer to any question pertaining to any rules for this race, please contact Mike Darnell or Andrew Doherty. Their contact information is in the first post of this thread.
There isn't a Mah limit specified on mikes rules for vta.
__________________
check it out ----> www.ddatvinc.weebly.com D & D ATV PARTS INC.
redron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:49 PM   #111
Tech Addict
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redron123 View Post
There isn't a Mah limit specified on mikes rules for vta.
You're right. I just reread the local rules and it only specifies a 2S lipo. DOH
__________________
Bill
"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
Team Qik
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #112
Tech Master
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Now, if I could only convince Adams to race mod... :P
Now if I could only convince people to buy me speedo's and motors...
__________________
TEXASEOS.net, RcAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Protoform, Orca, Avid, 2mm Designs, Ulti Tires America

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #113
Tech Elite
 
redron123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,624
Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post
You're right. I just reread the local rules and it only specifies a 2S lipo. DOH
That is why i asked.
__________________
check it out ----> www.ddatvinc.weebly.com D & D ATV PARTS INC.
redron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #114
Tech Addict
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams View Post
Now if I could only convince people to buy me speedo's and motors...
Maybe we could get Randy to sponsor you. He opened up the other side of the Garage and will be selling a bunch of stuff. Don't know how much mod stuff he has though. Don't you already have a RS Pro?
__________________
Bill
"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
Team Qik
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #115
Tech Master
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,003
Default

Bill, im just playing. Was hoping no one took me serious haha
__________________
TEXASEOS.net, RcAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Protoform, Orca, Avid, 2mm Designs, Ulti Tires America

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #116
Tech Addict
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams View Post
Bill, im just playing. Was hoping no one took me serious haha
I know but I just couldn't resist. See everyone next week. New Years Eve partying in Houston right now
__________________
Bill
"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
Team Qik
CustomWorks Outlaw Sprint Car
Xray T3 2012 USVTA
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #117
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,839
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams View Post
Now if I could only convince people to buy me speedo's and motors...
Done! I'll get you a motor. I have a new 7.5 you can use.

You have a speedo already, if you burn it up, I'll have back ups, but you should not.

And I do take it seriously.

You are too good not to run mod with us... Let's make this a deep pool of Texas drivers to show people what's up!
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #118
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
You are too good not to run mod with us...
That's the truth.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #119
Tech Master
 
texastc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
That's the truth.
Ill get him a bigger hat
__________________
Exotek F1Ultra Tamiya TRF101 Speed Passion SP1 and Exotek F1UltraX Prototype.
"TexasTC, the single Greatest RCF1 racer I have ever known" - My mom
"you are a disgrace to RC" - everyone else. TCdoesRC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #120
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastc View Post
Ill get him a bigger hat
I know how big the track room is at Mike's you're going to need a bigger building
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General Discussion Modena AL MSRA (Memphis, TN) 7895 05-05-2014 05:50 AM
2012 ROAR Carpet Nats syndr0me Electric On-Road 75 12-12-2011 09:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net