RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #62
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
So no 13.5 class in either 10 0r 12th and can't run Mod and Stock together per last ROAR rules I saw, so as a 1/12th driver I can only run 1 class without buying another chassis platform..... It is good to see stock remain 17.5
Thats the way I read it too which is Highly disappointing considering how many guys do only run 12th scale and dont want to spend 1000.00 to go to a race to race one class.

This is not a knock on Mikes or those involved with the track at all.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
F1, Oh yeah!
come on Rick, do you even run on-road any more

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Thats the way I read it too which is Highly disappointing considering how many guys do only run 12th scale and dont want to spend 1000.00 to go to a race to race one class.

This is not a knock on Mikes or those involved with the track at all.

EA
Yeah, I would have personally liked to see 13.5 sedan and 13.5 1/12th scale instead of F1 and VTA. Stock and Super stock classes are always the biggest and bring in the most racers at every on road race in the country. Leaving out Super Stock is a mistake in my opinion. Oh well good luck to all of those going.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #65
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Is this what you guys are talking about ?

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...guidelines.pdf

Quote:
12) Race Entry limitations
a) Any driver who finishes in the top 20% (rounded up) of any Modified National will be barred
from entering any Stock National class for the next five years. This includes off road electric and
on road paved and on road carpet nationals.
b) At any single Level 5 event, a driver entering the sportsman stock class may not enter in any
other higher level of skill based class. For example: a sportsman stock may enter the touring car
and 1/12th scale of sportsman stock but not the same classes of expert super stock or open
modified. If a 2wd chassis class is only offered as expert super stock then the sportsman racer
may enter that class.
c) Any potential participant whose membership is not in good standing or does have current status
through the dates of the event will not have entry accepted until status is satisfied per the rules.
d) Any driver who has attended an IFMAR Worlds competition in the previous five years and has
finished in an A main is not permitted to participate in any stock or sportsman fuel labeled class.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
come on Rick, do you even run on-road any more
The better question is do I even run anything any more.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Very interesting decision to leave out Super Stock.

13.5 Open speedo 12th was the biggest 12th class @ last years Carpet Nats.

Regardless, I will be running the stock classes so it is no skin off my back... but a bizarre move nonetheless. I hope this doesn't negatively effect attendance for the Nats. I know plenty of people who really enjoy the super stock classes but only get to race them @ larger events.

Edit: That being said, there are plenty of threads/posts on this forum where people have commented that there are too many classes for electric on-road, and that we should revert to having simply a Mod and Stock class like in the past. Maybe this is ROAR's way of moving towards that goal. *dunno*
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #68
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jonesy112

So just to clarify, if I run TC and am planning on running 17.5, my only option for another class is to run VTA (im not interested in 1/12th scale)

Just curious

RC America - X-Ray - Team EA Motorsports - RockStar Paint - Apex RC Proshop - ProOne Tires
Jonesy112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #69
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Edit: That being said, there are plenty of threads/posts on this forum where people have commented that there are too many classes for electric on-road, and that we should revert to having simply a Mod and Stock class like in the past. Maybe this is ROAR's way of moving towards that goal. *dunno*
Attendance doesn't lie. People want super stock.

Good luck Andrew and all the great guys at Mike's.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #70
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy112 View Post
So just to clarify, if I run TC and am planning on running 17.5, my only option for another class is to run VTA (im not interested in 1/12th scale)

Just curious
grow some and run MOD
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #71
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
The better question is do I even run anything any more.
I think it's more of a participation sticker WHEN rick puts a car on the track...
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Andrew- per the first post... is this the final class structure? ?
This is the final class structure. I am working on getting the details posted...
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
I think it's more of a participation sticker WHEN rick puts a car on the track...
Oh Dirla... You know, I race as little as I do so you can get more practice when we do meet on the track. That way I don't beat you as bad.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
This race is probably at the worst time of year to be in a warm climate, with spring break being over that time of the year. Flights are expensive even from just a couple of states away...
I checked on flights from Denver to Dallas via Southwest. They looked pretty normal to me. If there's something I am missing LMK!
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #75
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to chicky03

I kills me to post this as it will probably bring more negative comments on this to this thread and I don't think the guys at Mike's deserve this. I also normally support ROAR in their decisions weather I think that's the right or wrong way to go but in this case to say I am disappointed in the classes for this race is a severe understatement. I am one of the advocates of moving guys up to not be able to run stock anymore but to only have a stock and mod class with on-road being as fragile as it is, I personally do not think this is the time to do that.

I'd like to be able to race 2 of the classes that I have raced the last few years with out having to invest in a whole new tc or wgt program to race 2 classes. To be forced to race only one class that might have 5-15 entries makes it a hard sell to attend the race.

Another topic given the way ROAR allocates money to the track for holding the nationals, I believe Mike's and the guys there are getting short handed. Why not create a class structure that will bring the most money possible to the track for their efforts. Yes, sure we can get this thing done in 3 days now! Now I see why that schedule was done. I have seen many races where 260 entries were over and done by 6pm on Sunday with a 3 day format. Was ROAR scared to offer the best classes in a chance that it would not be completed in a reasonable time frame?

I think the class format should be reconsidered.