R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #541
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC View Post
FYI- I was told the battery voltage has been changed starting this race. It is back to 1S/4.20 and 2S/8.40 +/-.02per cell. No more 4.25 and 8.50.
Any official word on this?

This is sure late notice for such a change...
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #542
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Any official word on this?

This is sure late notice for such a change...
Coppied from the ROAR Facebook page, Just wanted those who do not use facebook to see it






ROAR Racing


The ROAR Executive Committee is currently reconsidering raising the maximum battery voltage level to 8.5v for a 2S pack and 4.25 for a 1S pack.

The original intent of raising the level was, when charging up to a peak of 8.4v, some lesser quality chargers were not stopping at exactly 8.4 volts, but instead going slightly over. This was causing some disqualifications and ROAR believes that in some cases, it was genuine error on the part of the charger. So, raising the voltage level to 8.5 volts and 4.25 volts respectively, was done to allow for a greater margin of error even when legitimately charging to the proper peak voltage often fixed by the charger. Well, under the heading of no good deed goes unpunished, too many racers were changing the mode of the chargers re-setting the peak voltage right up to 8.5v, and this is dangerous. Not only are they using modes that are NOT designed for LiPo batteries, the charger is unable to detect the peak in that mode, and it has resulted in increased battery fires. This has created a safety issue, which cannot be tolerated.

So, ROAR will consider lowering the peak voltage back down to its original level, consistent with IFMAR and other organizations. The racers will have to go back to the old voltage level and MUST charge in the appropriate mode or risk ejection from the event.

The above was pulled from the ROAR forum. It doesnt appear it was official and it was never posted on ROAR's website....but that dont really mean anything.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #543
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: bella vista ar
Posts: 869
Send a message via AIM to ERTRACHTER
Default

If that is the track I am really glad I signed up for MOD!
__________________
ASSOCIATED 12r5.1,REEDY MOTOR AND BATTERY, LRP SPEEDO,KIMBROUGH PRODUCTS,BIG DOG RACING,BELMONT R/C SPEEDSHOP, DENNIS LYMAN RACING, TEAM TOSO, TEAM FACTORY BITTER, SCHUUR SOLUTIONS, SIMMONS RACING, TEAM BOOZCRUZ
ERTRACHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #544
Tech Master
 
chicky03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Coppied from the ROAR Facebook page, Just wanted those who do not use facebook to see it






ROAR Racing


The ROAR Executive Committee is currently reconsidering raising the maximum battery voltage level to 8.5v for a 2S pack and 4.25 for a 1S pack.

The original intent of raising the level was, when charging up to a peak of 8.4v, some lesser quality chargers were not stopping at exactly 8.4 volts, but instead going slightly over. This was causing some disqualifications and ROAR believes that in some cases, it was genuine error on the part of the charger. So, raising the voltage level to 8.5 volts and 4.25 volts respectively, was done to allow for a greater margin of error even when legitimately charging to the proper peak voltage often fixed by the charger. Well, under the heading of no good deed goes unpunished, too many racers were changing the mode of the chargers re-setting the peak voltage right up to 8.5v, and this is dangerous. Not only are they using modes that are NOT designed for LiPo batteries, the charger is unable to detect the peak in that mode, and it has resulted in increased battery fires. This has created a safety issue, which cannot be tolerated.

So, ROAR will consider lowering the peak voltage back down to its original level, consistent with IFMAR and other organizations. The racers will have to go back to the old voltage level and MUST charge in the appropriate mode or risk ejection from the event.

The above was pulled from the ROAR forum. It doesnt appear it was official and it was never posted on ROAR's website....but that dont really mean anything.

EA
Awesome, lets keep changing more rules every 6 months so we lose more racers.

Just because there are rules organizations does not mean the rules need to be changed all the time.
__________________
Serpent America, Picco, Desoto Racing, Motiv, J Concepts, Nitro Pro fuel, PT RC Racing Oils, TQ Wire(best wire ever!), BSR tires, Arrowmax, Xceed, Sanwa, Amain Hobbies, MIP, Getcustomized, EZ Customs
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #545
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER View Post
If that is the track I am really glad I signed up for MOD!
ah crap one more to push me back to the "B"
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #546
Tech Adept
 
ThunderPowerRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Any official word on this?

This is sure late notice for such a change...
As EA posted this has been up on the facebook and ROAR public discussion thread since Feb 22. It shouldn't be that big of deal.
ThunderPowerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #547
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

yes it is a big deal. changing rules that most have been running for the last year 1 month before the race does not allow for enough time of desiminaiton to the racers.

it's like the body rule last year. and I will have my electrical tape and red ducktape again just incase I have to have fix the apperance package on my rc car bodies. I'm still not getting headlights for my 12th scale in the package with a new body. and that's been a roar rule since last July.

I just got my pulsar 3 to be 8.49 max and now I need to reset it. it took a month of fussing with it to get it there. and I'm not sure what my thunderpower reads as it was always under 8.50 for sure. I might have to buy a new charger to get to run.
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #548
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC View Post
As EA posted this has been up on the facebook and ROAR public discussion thread since Feb 22. It shouldn't be that big of deal.
roar member on and off since 1987 and I don't have facebook never got a rule book the last 2 years. and I barely rarely get on the roar forum.
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #549
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,774
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
so my question is

12.2.8 Any driver who finishes in the top 20% (rounded up) of any Modified National will be barred from entering any Stock National class for the next year.

Does Modified national mean just ROAR or snowbirds, iic etc?

12.2.9 Any Stock National Champion may not compete in any ROAR stock National class for a period of 5 years. Vehicle genre discipline specific. For example, off road stock buggy national champ may not run off road stock truck but he/she may participate in on road stock nationals the next year.

Also the same question does stock champion mean just ROAR or Snowbirds, iic etc?
Well since most roar races only have 10-20 entries in mod at most that only excludes 2-4 drivers
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #550
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 304
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Would someone be kind enough to let me use their tire truer for WGT tires? I don't want to pack mine up for one class.

Thanks Fred
__________________
www.teamkellner.com
fred kellner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #551
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 423
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred kellner View Post
Would someone be kind enough to let me use their tire truer for WGT tires? I don't want to pack mine up for one class.

Thanks Fred
I don't have a mandrel for them, but I have a tire truer you can use.

Wild Bill
__________________
serpent cobra 811TE, Cobra 811T,Serpent S411TE,rebel12 pan car, VPfuel, Buku clutches, Novi motors
1airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #552
Tech Master
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
I thought this was onroad not oval
If anyone else has negative comments, you guys are more than welcome to stay home.

Everyone else, I am sure you will love the track, facility, and fun racing.
__________________
TEXASEOS.net, RcAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Protoform, Orca, Avid, 2mm Designs, Ulti Tires America

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #553
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,839
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Layout is bad to the bone Chris! It will allow for the mod cars to actually open up and go fast
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #554
Tech Master
 
chicky03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03
Default

I am not sure this was asked or covered. Do we need to bring a power supply for truing tires or is there a tire truing station with one already? Just trying to save some weight.
__________________
Serpent America, Picco, Desoto Racing, Motiv, J Concepts, Nitro Pro fuel, PT RC Racing Oils, TQ Wire(best wire ever!), BSR tires, Arrowmax, Xceed, Sanwa, Amain Hobbies, MIP, Getcustomized, EZ Customs
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #555
Tech Master
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
I am not sure this was asked or covered. Do we need to bring a power supply for truing tires or is there a tire truing station with one already? Just trying to save some weight.
Chicky, bring one or arrange to borrow one. We had a tire truing station back in the day but has been made into an air compressor station. We are making an area for tire truing but as of now, we do not have set power supplies for people to use.
__________________
TEXASEOS.net, RcAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Protoform, Orca, Avid, 2mm Designs, Ulti Tires America

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General Discussion Modena AL MSRA (Memphis, TN) 7895 05-05-2014 05:50 AM
2012 ROAR Carpet Nats syndr0me Electric On-Road 75 12-12-2011 09:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:02 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net