Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2012 R.O.A.R Carpet Nationals >

2012 R.O.A.R Carpet Nationals

2012 R.O.A.R Carpet Nationals

Reply

Old 03-06-2012, 11:35 AM
  #406  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
ByteStream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 1,146
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quick Question as I am unfamiliar with ROAR's stance on this but ..

How many entries does a class need as a minimum to be run at Nationals or is there no minimum?
ByteStream is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:17 PM
  #407  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,206
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by al dente View Post
i sure would love to know if 13.5 sedan and 1/12 would have brought more entries than f1 and vta.
Funster Nats. It's the future.

Good luck to all attending, and thanks to the people at Mike's for their hard work. I'm looking forward to watching online.
syndr0me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:20 PM
  #408  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
TPhalen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quick VTA question. US Vintage Trans Am states:

All cars must include a driver figure consisting of at least a head and shoulders.

However, Mikes Hobby Talk does not include this statement: http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3...php?f=3&t=8038

Anyone have a ruling on this for the Nats?
TPhalen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 PM
  #409  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
Quick Question as I am unfamiliar with ROAR's stance on this but ..

How many entries does a class need as a minimum to be run at Nationals or is there no minimum?
5 I believe. '10 carpet nats had 5 or 6 people in mod sedan and they ran it. There is a minimum # of entries to have triple a's for a class, but I dont remember what it was.
geeunit1014 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:40 PM
  #410  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,299
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Is the weight posted on the first page for vintage correct? Its 100 grams more than the roar rule book says and that is alot of weight to tape to a car.
303slowdown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:05 PM
  #411  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TPhalen View Post
Quick VTA question. US Vintage Trans Am states:

All cars must include a driver figure consisting of at least a head and shoulders.

However, Mikes Hobby Talk does not include this statement: http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3...php?f=3&t=8038

Anyone have a ruling on this for the Nats?
Hey TP, I don't have the final word on the VTA Rules, but based on some conversations I heard between the planners of this ROAR Nats event I believe that the driver figure is not required at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats. If I am wrong and the driver figure is in fact required, then I'm pretty sure that Mike's Hobby Shop will have some driver figures in stock to sell to VTA racers.

Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
Is the weight posted on the first page for vintage correct? Its 100 grams more than the roar rule book says and that is alot of weight to tape to a car.
Hey 303slowdown, Yes the weight limit for VTA on the first page is correct. I have asked this same question before and the answer I received is "1550 grams will be the minimum weight for VTA" at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats. Mike's Hobby Shop has plenty of peel-and-stick weights in stock just in case you need to add weight to your VTA.
wwddww34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:29 PM
  #412  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
TPhalen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
[SIZE="2"]Hey TP, I don't have the final word on the VTA Rules, but based on some conversations I heard between the planners of this ROAR Nats event I believe that the driver figure is not required at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats. If I am wrong and the driver figure is in fact required, then I'm pretty sure that Mike's Hobby Shop will have some driver figures in stock to sell to VTA racers.
Awesome. Thanks. I don't have one and if Mike's will have some in stock then I won't scramble to get one.
TPhalen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:57 PM
  #413  
Tech Master
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,016
Default

Originally Posted by TPhalen View Post
Awesome. Thanks. I don't have one and if Mike's will have some in stock then I won't scramble to get one.
Tony, I have not heard of us ordering any for the shop. I say "us" because I actually work in the shop. Ill find out tomorrow if they are being ordered so that the question can be answered. I also would wait on a Roar official or AWD (he may have already hammered this ruling out) on the ruling of having a guy.
Chris Adams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:59 PM
  #414  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 377
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

FWIW...i would just buy one (VTA driver) to have just in case. Its better to have something and not need it than to need it and not have it.
wcalaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
  #415  
Tech Master
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,016
Default

I wouldn't be too worried about Mod Sedan having at least 10. We have 7 signed up at the moment without Burch, Paulie, and Ellis. Dumas has been practicing at the track as well for mod so that would make 11 just out of guys that I know are going to race it but haven't signed up.
Chris Adams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:51 PM
  #416  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
TPhalen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wcalaker View Post
FWIW...i would just buy one (VTA driver) to have just in case. Its better to have something and not need it than to need it and not have it.
I would but, unfortunately, no one has them locally. I could order one but it probably won't make it here by the time I ship my stuff. Just easier to pick one up at the shop if they are required.
TPhalen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:30 PM
  #417  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
texastc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,650
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TPhalen View Post
I would but, unfortunately, no one has them locally. I could order one but it probably won't make it here by the time I ship my stuff. Just easier to pick one up at the shop if they are required.
Mikes Hobby shop, airplane section, get you a fighter pilot.
texastc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:34 PM
  #418  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
TPhalen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by texastc View Post
Mikes Hobby shop, airplane section, get you a fighter pilot.
DONE!!! Love it
TPhalen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
  #419  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,299
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

I have to ask , why are the roar rules in the rule book for vta not the rules being used? If they have a set of rules shouldnt they be used? After all this is a roar race isnt it?
303slowdown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:28 PM
  #420  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (10)
 
GP40X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
I have to ask , why are the roar rules in the rule book for vta not the rules being used? If they have a set of rules shouldnt they be used? After all this is a roar race isnt it?
Because I suspect that ROAR will be mirroring the current USVTA rules for motor wind & car weight soon. The Current ROAR rules were copied from the last generation USVTA rules. Most cars that will be running at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals are already fully USVTA legal and they are all at 1550 grams. All of the local club drivers are at 1550 grams or should be. This is why it is 25.5 brushless motors and 1550 grams with any speedo on the sportsman list. Also note this is an Exhibition Class at this years nationals.

Please note this is just speculation on my part as I am not a member of the ROAR rules committee and am not an official for this race. Please direct all technical questions to ROAR and/or Andrew.
GP40X is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service