R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-16-2002, 01:28 AM   #16
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do they have a pretty good sized 1/12 class?
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 01:31 AM   #17

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TPhalen
Do they have a pretty good sized 1/12 class?
From what I was told and you can see in the race results on their website, itís always at least 5-6 guys with two heats and classes of 1/12th sometimes even. Not big but a start.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 01:32 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Cool. 6/30, eh??? Might have to plan a road trip....
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 06-16-2002, 04:34 PM   #19
Tech Adept

I agree with Fred and Tony. I remember at the 97 oval nats having to wear a badge that said "Josh Barry, Driver" for the whole event or risk getting disqualifed from the event. I had to bring all the motors I was going to run and have them teched and marked with nail polish. Those were the olny motors I was allowed to run the whole race. If you wanted to run another motor besides the ones I had, teched before racing began I had to bring it up to the tech table to have it approved. Your car was wieghed and the ride height was checked(they have spec'ed ride heights for oval)after each race. The Nationals used to mean somthing. with no tech at this event whos to say the top three guys in stock weren't under weight during quals and put weight in their cars for the mains. I'm not saying they did but what was stopping them their morales (I hope so) but given a chance racers will bend the rules a little. I'm not saying anybody cheated to win the nats, Travis,Chris and Jason where fast and my hats off to them. Norrca needs to make a Nationals race mean something again.
sponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 09:24 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Word!
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 06-25-2002, 10:28 PM   #21
Tech Rookie

Cool Reply

I didnt read more than one or two of the above messages but let me answer a few points

1. I took over NORRCA on January 1, 2002, What happened in the past was not under my control

2. In 2001 I assisted with Several Races including the vegas race

3. Since Taking over the Race I have personally attended every single event

4. It is true that I had to leave the Onroad nats early but knowing Rod and Jimmy's experience felt you guys were in capable hands

5. RE: Tech and other issues. When a track bids a receives a NATIONAL or WORLD event they are required to provide the announce and a relief, tech crew, radio impound etc. If they notify us in advance we will bring the staff like we did for the Race against Cancer race

6. The vegas race had alot of problems from the start including no scheduled announcer, tech or radio impound personnel. Also this was a time when the Two previous owners of Norrca were in control.

7. I have never even seen or met a ROAR official

8. I have been to over 65 major races in the past 2 years in preperation for this all over the United States.

9. Anyone willing to sacrifice some of their time to help? Volunteers are scarce these days. Just look at all the trash and things left over in the pits on any given race day

10. Have a nice day... Anyone with any questions feel free to email me off the NORRCA.com site

Don
NORRCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 10:38 PM   #22
Tech Rookie

Cool More Info

MarkA: Thanks for your Support

TonyP: At that time I had been the California director for about 2 months and busted my ass that whole weekend. The Nevada director was nowhere to be found and lived local to that track. Yes it was true I was in the Booth due to the tracks lack of preperation. That facility is now gone and it's little wonder why.

Sponger: It is up to the track to provide the tech inspectiuon for the event. For whatever reason they decided No tech inspection

FRED H: I was there on day one and was supposed to have a reserved area. When I arrived there wasnt really a spot for me so I was helping in the booth. Due to a work emergency I couldnt return for the rest of the weekend. The track is only an hour from my house so If I could have been there sunday I would have been.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:51 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

NORRCA, DON, whatever you want to call yourself, it boils down to this, you know what they say about execuses. If you had the gumption to take over NORRCA then IMO you should run it like professional organization, that is part of the reason we pay a membership fee and the increases fees for special events. If not then what is the use of owning it. All that matters to me and the other drivers that PAID to participate in the race is that it could have been ALOT better. Jimmy and Rod ran this event in the same manner as they run their club events, great. There is no need to be defensive, although Rod entered his bid to host the event NORRCA should have made sure that there were adequate technical staff for the event. The race was called the NORRCA On-ROAD Nationals not the Rod or Jimmy On-Road Nationals. It really sucked not have someone to tech the cars. I know it sucks but yes NORRCA is only as good as its last event, whether it one day ago or one year ago. NORRCA has to take responsibity for its actions and stop looking for escapegoats. I truly hope that you are hearing us and not taking it personal. As a small business owner myself, if one or our clients is not happy or satisfied we have to evaluate if there was anything we could have done to make them fell better, and if there is which is 9 out 10 times then we had a part to play, as do you. All we want is to attend an event and it be run in a professional manner. Thanks...

Fred Hubbard
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 01:08 AM   #24
Tech Rookie

Cool Point Taken

Yes it is my fault as I was unable to return for the rest of the event but I kept contact with them throughout the event. One of the reasons I have scaled NORRCA way back was all the problems that go along with Organizing races. The majority of the tracks/Facilities want sponsors to give them hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Then they want drivers there and free products for giveaways.That turns the manufacturers away. I have hosted numerous events, state national otherwise at my own track and always footed the bill out of my own pocket without sending in any requests for money. In addition they want a portion Of the Membership fees and 99% of the entry fees. The increased fees for large events all go to the host facilities. Does anyone know that an organization only receives a few dollars per entry (sometimes nothing?). That is supposed to cover everything from staff to travel expenses and hotels. I have tried carefully to select the host tracks and so far have done a good job. Unfortunately at the one event you attended I had to leave and I was not satisified with the results at the conclusion. I wish more people would get involved with keeping the sport healthy but that is unrealistic... Another Lesson learned

Last edited by NORRCA; 06-26-2002 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:15 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Listen, its so easy for anyone to point the finger to show there's a problem. I don't want to be a finger pointer, I would rather be part of the solution. Is there anything we racers/drivers can do to help better the organization? And when I say better, I'm not trying to imply that NORRCA is the worst, I just want to know what can we do to help. Thanks...

Fred Hubbard
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 08:40 AM   #26
Tech Elite

First of all, I want to tell you Don that replying on this forum as made a WORLD of difference as to how I see NORRCA's future. Just letting us vent without some sort of explanation would have been a bad thing but, IMO, it took some b*lls to come on here and take a little abuse. And you did quite graciously. Your attempt to come on here and explain (whether or not it's a finger pointing situation or not) was a GOOD idea. Now you can get feedback (PLEASE EVERYONE MAKE IT AS POSITIVE AS POSSIBLE) directly from those that might not say something to your face.

As a LONG time racer, we need good events. And the sad part it, it only takes ONE bad event to leave a mark....even if there had been 100 good ones. I know some of the major companies have a problem with NORRCA but that needs to change.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to US, the racers. As shown in the past, WE make the racing....if racers don't attend, races get smaller. When races (especially NATIONALS) get smaller, organizations fail. Overall, that's bad for our sport....
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 06-26-2002, 10:30 AM   #27
Tech Rookie

Cool Support

I actually dont come on this site much but for some reason I was surfing around and spotted this topic. If you go to the NORRCA site you will see several of the Major companies have come back to support NORRCA including Losi, Trinity, Reedy, Associated and Kimbrough products under our Certified Manufacturer program. At last weekends Gas Nationals there were teams in Attendance for Losi, Kyosho, Mugen, Associated and a few others. I apperciate their support and yours as well. The organization had MAJOR problems and that is one Reason why the ENTIRE staff including voulunteers were replaced. We are now in the rebuilding phase and with the exception of that one race have done a good job hosting the races. Our Next event is In Tennessee, Then South Carolina and Ohio. I still have the State Onroad Championships to schedule. I have had many suggestions but would like to send it to Revelation since they have reopened. I need to calll the owner and make some inquiries

Thanks

DON