Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
I finally broke 70mph! and then I broke my motor! >

I finally broke 70mph! and then I broke my motor!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I finally broke 70mph! and then I broke my motor!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default I finally broke 70mph! and then I broke my motor!

Jump to 1:10 to see where I actually hit 71.2mph but Its a pretty good 5 minutes of speed so watch the entire thing! Also created some new gauges for the special occasion!

I've been struggling to go above 70mph with my Rustler VXL. After balancing the wheels and now lowering the suspension the correct way using the fuel line method, it handles extremely well at top speed and I was finally able to take it above 70mph! 71.2mph to be exact! And if you watch the entire video, its no wonder my motor is shot now! HAHA! Its not really shot... the magnet broke free from the shaft, the high temps from this run must have loosened the adhesive. I'll order a new rotor, no biggy. Enjoy!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Car: Traxxas Rustler VXL
Gearing: 31/76
Battery: Traxxas 3s LiPo 4000mah
Tires: Traxxas Anaconda
Top Speed: 71.2mph
Old 12-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Just got off the phone with Traxxas, they are sending me a new motor no questions asked! Once they receive the old one of course... NICE!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Initiate

I fabricated a new mount for my camera this week in the down time waiting for my replacement motor from Traxxas. It mounts in the middle above the battery allowing me to use a clear body and have a surprisingly good view straight out the windshield. So now I have a good view, the body is protecting the camera, and most importantly... much better aerodynamics compared to running without a body on. So as long as the new motor gets here before the snow... I'll have some new runs up soon!