6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

If someone wants a Tyrrell P34, it's a lot simpler just to buy one from Tamiya.
http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...onaco-gp-84263
Old 08-09-2013, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Or T.O.P.s version
http://top-racing.jp/Eng+JP/Category...06Wheeler.html
Old 08-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Its not the same!

Originally Posted by *SBH*
I have seen Daves' car in person and none of the other cars have the fit and finish that he has given his car. If he made this as a kit I would buy it just to have as a SHELF RACER. GREAT job Dave....
Old 08-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TWILL
I have seen Daves' car in person and none of the other cars have the fit and finish that he has given his car. If he made this as a kit I would buy it just to have as a SHELF RACER. GREAT job Dave....
Twill, thanks much for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Dave Berry
Old 08-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by *SBH*
The TOP conversion must be someone's "pet" project at that company. It's cool but it's definitely for a small slice of a market of that's already a niche market... I'm curious how many they've sold.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the pictures and links guys!
I really love all the genius that flows into projects like this and can feel with the owner if the car performs well on track.

I threw an eye at the TOP 6wheeler some months before and would have been sold if I would have owned the TOP F1 car at that time. Buying the F1 kit plus the conversation plus the Tamiya Tyrell body... That is adding quite some bucks on the bill... I would prefer doing a F104v2 conversation myself.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wtcc
Thanks for the pictures and links guys!
I really love all the genius that flows into projects like this and can feel with the owner if the car performs well on track.

I threw an eye at the TOP 6wheeler some months before and would have been sold if I would have owned the TOP F1 car at that time. Buying the F1 kit plus the conversation plus the Tamiya Tyrell body... That is adding quite some bucks on the bill... I would prefer doing a F104v2 conversation myself.
wtcc.....My plan with my new Lipo/Link F1 6-wheeler project is to make a kit that will include everything except the electronics at a very affortable price, no conversion kits. I'm not in the project to make a ton of money. I just want to support a foam tire class F1 car that everybody can have fun with, like a F103 Tamiya foam tire catagory/class, for instance, as one example. Maybe a 21.5 motor would be my 1st choice for power like they use in the UF1 series and use a 2-cell shorty pack like I do in my current F104 (180mm) style car. The plan is to include a rolling chassis (carbon fiber) with a clear lexan body and trued front and rear tires ready to go with some setup info and suggestions once I learn how the car responds. Sort of a clone of my original car, but with todays more race proven parts from a very respected company that everybody knows of. I'm anxious to get the 1st one completed and put it through it's paces. So please stay tuned.

And again, my plan is to make a very affortable car for all with very good race proven parts and hardware. Believe me, this will be the type of car everyone would enjoy having. I also have 25 years of pan car carpet racing under my belt.

Last edited by all4fun; 08-10-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention
Old 08-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default How SOON????

Originally Posted by all4fun
wtcc.....My plan with my new Lipo/Link F1 6-wheeler project is to make a kit that will include everything except the electronics at a very affortable price, no conversion kits. I'm not in the project to make a ton of money. I just want to support a foam tire class F1 car that everybody can have fun with, like a F103 Tamiya foam tire catagory/class, for instance, as one example. Maybe a 21.5 motor would be my 1st choice for power like they use in the UF1 series and use a 2-cell shorty pack like I do in my current F104 (180mm) style car. The plan is to include a rolling chassis (carbon fiber) with a clear lexan body and trued front and rear tires ready to go with some setup info and suggestions once I learn how the car responds. Sort of a clone of my original car, but with todays more race proven parts from a very respected company that everybody knows of. I'm anxious to get the 1st one completed and put it through it's paces. So please stay tuned.

And again, my plan is to make a very affortable car for all with very good race proven parts and hardware. Believe me, this will be the type of car everyone would enjoy having. I also have 25 years of pan car carpet racing under my belt.
Dave, The PLAN sounds GREAT. I know you will need someone to put some track time on he car after you build the first few, so put me down for a PROTOTYPE......SEE YOU AT THE GATE!!!!!!! Going over after work today to tear up the carpeting, getting new subfloor and carpet.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wtcc
You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention
wtcc...thanks, that really makes my day.

Originally Posted by TWILL
Dave, The PLAN sounds GREAT. I know you will need someone to put some track time on he car after you build the first few, so put me down for a PROTOTYPE......SEE YOU AT THE GATE!!!!!!! Going over after work today to tear up the carpeting, getting new subfloor and carpet.
twill....no problem. But the problem for me is that I'm so anxious, I want to get this "P34 project" completed yesterday...LOL. I have a lot of work to do a head of me .....but then again, that's what I like to do. As you know.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Still in the middle of rounding up all that is needed before I get really rolling. 3mm Carbon fiber is ordered. F1 body tool will be slightly revised.....something I've wanted to do for quite a while, and now is the time to do it.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Dave, I remember that car from long ago ... it's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship (like all your cars and boats). Can't wait to see it back on the track.

Barry Z
Old 08-27-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Manny
The TOP conversion must be someone's "pet" project at that company. It's cool but it's definitely for a small slice of a market of that's already a niche market... I'm curious how many they've sold.
Actually the Top chassis isnt the first serious production 6 wheeler. Morotech who is the Corally importer here in Japan started this idea making something better than the Tamiya P34 that people could buy. They sell a conversion and have an original lexan body for it.
It actually a good performer.
Attached Thumbnails 6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...-morotech.jpg   6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...-nd3_6266.jpg  

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 08-27-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Default Interesting Car

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Actually the Top chassis isnt the first serious production 6 wheeler. Morotech who is the Corally importer here in Japan started this idea making something better than the Tamiya P34 that people could buy. They sell a conversion and have an original lexan body for it.
It actually a good performer.
That's an interesting chassis. Unfortunately it appears in the picture to be pretty far from scale. The whole idea behind P34 was t get the front tires smaller and narrower so they could tuck down behind the front body work out of the airstream. The reason there are four instead of two is to maintain enough contact patch for steering and braking.

Does this car use standard 1/10 scale front wheels as it appears?

Do you have pictures of the body? Putting one together is not that big of a deal if you can get a body that is right. I have not been able to find anyone selling the Tamiya Lexan bodies...

Here's a pic of my P34 circa 1976! Scratch built fiberglass body, Powell Pod chassis, K&B 3.5 power! Remember this was 1976! I didn't have much to work with!

6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...-p34.jpg

Last edited by aarcobra; 08-27-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 08-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aarcobra
That's an interesting chassis. Unfortunately it appears in the picture to be pretty far from scale. The whole idea behind P34 was t get the front tires smaller and narrower so they could tuck down behind the front body work out of the airstream. The reason there are four instead of two is to maintain enough contact patch for steering and braking.

Does this car use standard 1/10 scale front wheels as it appears?

Do you have pictures of the body? Putting one together is not that big of a deal if you can get a body that is right. I have not been able to find anyone selling the Tamiya Lexan bodies...
You can buy the Tamiya body directly from Tamiya as a spare part,but its the earlier P34.
The wheels on the Morotech are 1/12 scale. Personally the Tamiya P34 works fine,i have a video of it someplace,the use of a 1/12th scale front end is overkill really but you know how people can be. I will post the video of the standard Tamiya P34 with the FRP suspension arms.

Best change for the Tamiya is changing the rear wing for something that isnt so heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usWHgNLjqHU

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.