Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
E-Revo Onroad Conversion >

E-Revo Onroad Conversion

E-Revo Onroad Conversion

Old 12-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default E-Revo Onroad Conversion

Working on an ERBE converted to Onroad. I'm running into a problem with the overall width. I'm trying to run Tekno 17mm hubs as they are thin enough where they need to be (the actual hub depth as opposed to the Ofna Tmaxx hubs i have here now which are 2 times the thickness). But i don't know if i can run them on the stock E-revo axle carriers. The stock outer bearing on the Revo is a 6x13x5 bearing but i need an 8mm bore. But im having a hard time finding an 8x13x5 bearing. Do these exist? Checked Avid and Boca but nothing found on either.

How can I run the Tekno hubs without the Tekno carrier?

I have a set of Axial 17mm plastic adapters but i do not like how they end up fitting. It works just doesn't look right.

These are the adapters im using right now.

This is the end result im after.

I know i can just swap out the arms for the old slayer arms and solve the problem no worries, but as it is it is so close to working perfectly. And i would like to run a proper 17mm adapter like on all my other rigs.

Make sense? Maybe throw Tekno out the window on this one, what else would work for me for this? The stock traxxas slop monsters are about right but i finally got rid of all those wobbly bits and do not plan on going back to them.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

I have a question about limiting shock travel. Right now i am using 14mm of fuel tubing inside the shock bodies, but i noticed them settling a bit uneven. i opened up the shock that was looking longer and the fuel tubing had split inside and curled over on itself letting the shock extend. If i can find something more rigid am i asking for trouble by using it inside the shock? Its for on the street so it shouldn't be taking too much of a beating so i would "think" it would be ok but if anyone has experience with limiting i would love to hear from you.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Stack some washers inside the shock body?

I've got a MERV running on carpet, with the ride height lowered using washers.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Decided to go with some pushrod spacers (3) and the shock bumper from outside the shock. Gives me a quite rigid 13mm of limit from stock.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Got a little creative last night. Time will tell if this will hold up but i see no reason other than hitting stuff that it will not work.

Decided to try and mount the front bumper from my GTP2e on the ERBE chassis to take a stab at eliminating the body flex that turns it into a parachute at speed.

It certainly isn't pretty but hey if it works, why not. Already ordered another front bumper assembly to reinstall on the Ofna.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks good!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

that looks great man. I own a Erevo and gtp2e and you have both in one car. makes you wonder why traxxas did not just design a ken block 1/8 with the revo/slayer platform rather than designing a 1k suoer car. they could have made a 1/8 rally in a nitro and electric and use most of the parts they already make.

Once again very nice conversion
Old 02-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

I have the GTP2e as well, cant wait to drive these 2 back to back in the same scenarios and see how the ERBE-gt handles in comparison.

When i saw the release video for the xo-1 i was excited till i saw the specs on it, and then did more reading on it. Not so impressed anymore. I agree they would have been better off keeping it 1/8 for starters. as released it is way to niche and basically by itself as far as any competition really.

Its funny when they released it i first saw it and thought aww hell they just released what i have been working on for 3 months haha.

I hope to have the Corvette shell back right away so i can get it re-drilled for the new posts and see how it sits.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Still need to adjust the body posts for ride height for this but i gotta say the SC8 truck shell fits the ofna gtp2e bumper better than the PF8gt above.

I notched the body out to accommodate the Revo wing mount for anyone wondering why there's a big hole back there lol.
Attached Thumbnails E-Revo Onroad Conversion-2012-02-21-14.57.59.jpg   E-Revo Onroad Conversion-2012-02-21-14.58.43.jpg   E-Revo Onroad Conversion-2012-02-21-14.58.09.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

All it needs is a "Trust me its a Traxxas" decal haha
Old 03-20-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Love the corvette! Nice job.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Well it looked great yesterday...
Had the car at work today with my PF8gt body and it was running just fine, although the parking lot was a mess so i was just messing around and spitting rocks everywhere.

Came home tonight and an Uncle of mine was over for a while. He mentioned the corvette body i had on my facebook, i said oh yeah its downstairs. Ran down and got it brought it up and put it on the car. plugged it in turned it on and revved it in the air a couple times. Now is where it gets confusing because i have no idea how it happened but i had the car on the ground. Out of nowhere it tears off across the kitchen and slams into the fridge wedging itself under the door, at WOT.
The burnout strips across the kitchen floor had me in tears laughing till i realized what had happened. picked that car up and as soon as i picked it up it stopped. I'm thinking it lost signal from the radio for whatever reason? And my fail-safe was obviously not set properly. ? That's all i can think.

There's more damage to the floor of the kitchen to be honest, im going to be looking at replacing or trying to repair a few holes in the linoleum but the Corvette isnt all pretty anymore.

Oh well at least its ok for me to drive this on the street now haha. Wasn't the plan initially with the SC8 shell and the PF8gt for it. Corvette was going to be a shelf/display body. Oh well, not any more haha.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well now it really looks like a real race corvette!! keep runnin it and swap some paint and tire marks with other cars!!! sorry about the floor tho!!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Lol we have been looking for an excuse to go laminate in the kitchen anyways haha.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Finally got my SC8 shell done for this build.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.