Search

Xray T2 008 Steering issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Xray T2 008 Steering issue

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with the steering while the throttle is engaged,"especially when the wheels/steering turned to left or right"

It looks like when the car's steering reaches a certain point (to the left or right), the front whee/s and knuckles have a serious major vibration .

I have used my transmitter to restrict the servo to 70% of it's range, as such the steering never goes far enough to cause the major vibration.

Has anyone had this issue and can suggest a possible solution?
Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is sort of common on touring cars with spools in the front. Although on my T2'007 I never had a severe vibration problem.
My knee jerk instinct says you need ECS style driveshafts (because they will not vibrate at full lock), but if the vibration is bad then there might be something else. Check the shafts first for wear or stuck joints. Check the bearings. Check the knuckles and c-hubs for cracks. If you're using 52mm driveshafts with a very narrow front track width that could maybe cause an issue with the dog bone ends bottoming out in the spool.

You can also reduce the amount of ackermann your setup has, so the inside tire at full lock will have less angle.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WheelNut
This is sort of common on touring cars with spools in the front. Although on my T2'007 I never had a severe vibration problem.
My knee jerk instinct says you need ECS style driveshafts (because they will not vibrate at full lock), but if the vibration is bad then there might be something else. Check the shafts first for wear or stuck joints. Check the bearings. Check the knuckles and c-hubs for cracks. If you're using 52mm driveshafts with a very narrow front track width that could maybe cause an issue with the dog bone ends bottoming out in the spool.

You can also reduce the amount of ackermann your setup has, so the inside tire at full lock will have less angle.
i second that