R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-20-2004, 03:30 PM   #151
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

for dale/protoform - body looks great, i think the bubbled lid should make for more rear downforce. also, thanks for being an active participant, always nice to hear from 'the man'.

for people bashing roar and/or calling for a new governing body - who exactly do you think roar is? it is exactly what the majority of people who are willing to get off their booties and vote or volunteer want to make it. a new governing body: a. still wouldn't have access to ifmar, and b. would still be essentially the same (based upon the pathetically small voter turnout).

the manufacturers and member racers had a chance to put someone in charge of roar with deep industry experience, willingness and desire to change, personal incentive ($$), and a financial backing/committement to make it happen (EP). however the majority repeatedly has spoken that they are more happy with 'business as usual'.

as a previous poster said, for the sportsman racer performance will rule sales...period.
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 03:53 PM   #152
Tech Regular

Can someone tell me if this body shell has been released yet or if not when will it be released?
Thanks
ATLAS COPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:11 PM   #153
Tech Addict

i would say that rules governing body shapes in tc are confusing.....IFMAR should allow rc companies to design their own race bodies whether it is patterned after a real car or not. what matters is performance. what matters is that there will be more choices. what matters is that the hobby will be taken a step further in terms of performance.
cooliomojo-CEBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:31 PM   #154
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by gee-dub
for people bashing roar and/or calling for a new governing body - who exactly do you think roar is? it is exactly what the majority of people who are willing to get off their booties and vote or volunteer want to make it. a new governing body: a. still wouldn't have access to ifmar, and b. would still be essentially the same (based upon the pathetically small voter turnout).
I don't have a problem with ROAR. I appriciate ROAR, just because I appriciate it is not an accuse to not help and make it better.
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 04:33 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well It's time for my say in this matter.I just found this site two days ago. It is impossible for ROAR to check every spot on the internet and answer everything.This is a newer subject but the same old bashing.You know the best way to change thing is to work within and voting the people in that can change things.Example in real life the US political seen in the last 10 years. ROAR is volunteers and I've been doing this for over 10years. You want a new organization to come about because you don't like ROAR. They are going to have paid employees? just how much do you think it's going to be to join that one. What are you going to do when you get tired of that one. ROAR does react to the manufacturers after they have made something.When the manufacturers ran ROAR everyone complained- Now it's not run by the manufacturers and everyone complains. You want to change thing do it from within. Get people that will change things in position. Start with the lonely Region Directors. They ask for help but never really get it. Join ROAR what's 30.00 a year. Then you can write your region directors and President/and directors. Run for office and see if you can get a few votes because your rev-up didn't get there in time.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 04:48 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The most votes I ever got was 67 and that was went we had over 5000 members in region 4. Get out and vote and change the organization. Change the organiztion from within. It does take time and I've seen the many changes just in the last 10 years.
Now as for this topic about bodies- as Rick Hohwart stated this class was supposed to be realistic when they were first introduced. It was supposed to be reconizable bodies. The stuff you see on TV (Speed vision). As Dale said now you have licencing problems -everyone wants to get into the act and get some cash.Maybe they should just call the bodies S (stratus) M (mercedes) Change the head and taillights alittle and give it the general shape. You want change my phone number is listed- I'll listen.But one region director is not enough. Not everyone likes road racing(electric)- I do. Now when it comes to the other classes I need help and education as I do not race them.
Bill Fraden Region 4 director
p.s these are my personnel views.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 04:50 PM   #157
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by BullFrog
Run for office and see if you can get a few votes because your rev-up didn't get there in time.
lol Being a passive aggressive smart ass is sure to get people involved! </sarcasm>

Not to make this another ROAR bashing thread, but how can one change ROAR by volunteeering when the last Presidential challenger was told his ideas were silly because ... and I quote... " you can't just come in here and change everything." Adding that there is a system set in place to prevent that sort of thing.

My suggestion... MANY people have pushed the idea on this thread alone... change body rules to eliminate the hassle for manufacturers to aquire licensing yet maintain the TC appearance through strict enforcement of dimensional requirements of each portion of the body. You already have one of the most significant body manufacturers willing to help with these 'measurements' . Accept his willingness to help instead of ranting about how other should help. Lead by example.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 06:03 PM   #158
Tech Champion

Cypress - Thats you opinion. Most carpet racers on Earth run rubber tires. Only a few regions in the US run foam on carpet. Every where else they try to do it it fails. Every major race in Europe is on rubber and no one complains.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 07:56 PM   #159
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

" Only a few regions in the US run foam on carpet."

Try most of the norhtern 1/2 of the US.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 08:40 PM   #160
Tech Master

2 of the biggest races in the world are run on foams!!
Old 12-21-2004, 08:58 PM   #161
Tech Adept

nice Josh I justm noticed a substitute sponsor................now give me a call...........(smile)
Steve Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 09:00 PM   #162
Tech Champion

2 out of how many carpet races per year? Every year there are more entries for big rubber carpet races than foam races. The LRP, the CS the GP the Orion Race...on and on.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:07 AM   #163
JKA
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by AdrianM
Every year there are more entries for big rubber carpet races than foam races. The LRP, the CS the GP the Orion Race...on and on.
Really? I would have definitely thought the 'birds and the Cleveland champs would be the biggest.

Do these rubber tire races run spec/ handout tires? Or do you have to fork out the cash to find the happy union of rim/insert/rubber? How many runs do you get on a pair of rubbers on carpet? I know on asphalt it sucks. Locally we run foam on carpet AND foam on asphalt.

I don't understand why foams aren't used everywhere. More traction, extended use, more affordable,....
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:24 AM   #164
Tech Adept

foam tyres are only fast when they have 1 or 2mm left right? cant say it isnt so! so new tyres every two runs...pretty cheap....
different tyre wear front and rear->tyre trueing after every run...explain that to newbies!

ok, the birds and cleveland are big races. but most of the drivers -for sure not all-are americans. at the tcm,cs or the orion races you have drivers from all over the world...
Leini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:34 AM   #165
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

I know this is off-topic, but I hate foam tires on sedan because it is sedan....not a pan car. However rubber tires are big $$$ (tire brands, compounds, inserts, glueing them up, air gap...etc) I'd rather go to a race with one set of foam tires, tru them down to the correct size and not worry about tires.
David Alberico is offline   Reply With Quote