Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
NORCAR at the Gate 1st annual Hangover Classic!! >

NORCAR at the Gate 1st annual Hangover Classic!!

NORCAR at the Gate 1st annual Hangover Classic!!

Old 12-31-2011, 03:05 PM
  #91  
Tech Initiate
 
rcdude65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lorain, Ohio
Posts: 29
Default noobie

I have been nosing around this forum and I can't wait to get out and talk to some of you guys. I am just starting out and looking forward to seeing what classes there are and what might be best for me to start out in. just remember I am starting from scratch and so I will have to by everything to be able to start driving. I will be stopping by after church in Lorain and it will be over about 12:30pm I should get there by 1:30 or so. Will you guys still be racing then or is that too late to show up?

I just want to say thanks to the guys on this forum. I am slowly learning a thing or two. Thanks for having the time to help me out. I think I will start off with something used if you know of any good deals.......

Doug
rcdude65 is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:41 PM
  #92  
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,664
Default

Originally Posted by rcdude65 View Post
I have been nosing around this forum and I can't wait to get out and talk to some of you guys. I am just starting out and looking forward to seeing what classes there are and what might be best for me to start out in. just remember I am starting from scratch and so I will have to by everything to be able to start driving. I will be stopping by after church in Lorain and it will be over about 12:30pm I should get there by 1:30 or so. Will you guys still be racing then or is that too late to show up?

I just want to say thanks to the guys on this forum. I am slowly learning a thing or two. Thanks for having the time to help me out. I think I will start off with something used if you know of any good deals.......

Doug
Racing starts at noon, so we'll just be getting going. 3 qualifiers and a main.

Probably the best class for beginners that we run at the Gate is Vintage Trans Am (VTA). Novak 25.5 brushless motors, 2s LiPo, no boost/timing advance/turbo in the ESC. Pre 1970 muscle car bodies (Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, Javelin). 4wd Touring car chassis. Spec HPI rims/rubber tires, which will last you just about the entire season.
CarbonJoe is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 05:41 PM
  #93  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 100
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

anyone have a tc6 gear diff for sale and will be attending? or spool outdrives
J.Lee is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 04:24 PM
  #94  
Tech Initiate
 
rcdude65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lorain, Ohio
Posts: 29
Default thanks to all

Thanks to all that helped me out today. I will be getting a BRP oval and have contacted bud. I have another friend that has lost most of his foot due to a accident. Do you think he would be able to race at the gate. He has a knee roller and would be able to get up in to the race stand but would not be able to marshal? We are looking forward to getting to know the helpful people I met today.
I hope to have all I need by next week.
rcdude65 is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 PM
  #95  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (31)
 
kingbee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: oHIo
Posts: 317
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

thanks to all who came out to the first annual NORCAR Hangover Dash. It was a great day of racing and fun. I'm already looking forward to next year!
kingbee9 is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 09:11 AM
  #96  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 255
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

What a way to start the new year! Thanks to everyone at THE GATE for making the start of 2012 a AWSOME EXPERIENCE. I had a ball! Thanks to all the poeple that came from out of town,and the locals for making it a special day of racing. History was made on three fronts, 1) First ever F1 race at THE GATE, 2) First ever USGT race, 3) I had a six minute run and didn't hit a board. WOW!
TWILL is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 09:44 AM
  #97  
sg1
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (79)
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,262
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Great day of racing!

Thanks everyone who made the trip over!

These toy cars sure are fun to play with

Wish Seaball woulda been there to see the TQ awards....
sg1 is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 01:53 PM
  #98  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
Great day of racing!

Thanks everyone who made the trip over!

These toy cars sure are fun to play with

Wish Seaball woulda been there to see the TQ awards....
He knows what they look like. He and a friend modeled for them.
Chaz955i is offline  
Old 01-02-2012, 02:18 PM
  #99  
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,664
Default

Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
He knows what they look like. He and a friend modeled for them.
Accurate, except for no singlet or headgear.
CarbonJoe is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 06:47 AM
  #100  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Southfield, MI
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Hey just wanted to thank the gate guys. The event was awesome. I heard it was just thrown together it seemed very well organized to me. The MSI crew definetly had a blast. Looking forward to next years.

-Alston Kelso
98tahoeboy is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 08:10 AM
  #101  
sg1
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (79)
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,262
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 98tahoeboy View Post
Hey just wanted to thank the gate guys. The event was awesome. I heard it was just thrown together it seemed very well organized to me. The MSI crew definetly had a blast. Looking forward to next years.

-Alston Kelso
Thanks for coming down Alston!

It was pretty much a "last minute" race we put togather.

Worked out well!!


I'll have the results posted tonight for all to view
sg1 is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 04:16 PM
  #102  
sg1
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (79)
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,262
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default RESULTS :)

Sorry it took so long to post, I just found them

WGT "B"
1. Chuck Smith
2. Robert Shuchman
3. Michael Elwood

WGT "A"
1. Wayne Gerber
2. Patrick Parber
3. Gabe Hoban

VTA "A"
1. Todd Bigalow
2. Chuck Mackin
3. Patrick Barber

1/12 Mod "A"
1. Mike Pulfer
2. Steve Radecky
3. Jason Conley

1/12 17.5 "A"
1. Jim Herrman
2. Joe Klebau
3. Mike Long

TC 17.5 "B"
1. Rudi Johnson
2. Willie Thomas
3. Chuck Smith

TC 17.5 "A"
1. Alston Kelso
2. Johnny Lee
3. Gabe Hoban

F1 21.5 "A"
1. Mark Rodney
2. John Disher
3. Dave Berry

USGT "A"
1. Mark Rodney
2. Tony Williams


Thanks for coming out!
sg1 is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 07:47 PM
  #103  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Elyria, Oh
Posts: 928
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Pics are up on our FB page.

chuck
mackin is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 08:07 AM
  #104  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
Sorry it took so long to post, I just found them


1/12 17.5 "A"
1. Jim Herrman
2. Joe Klebau
3. Mike Long
Who is this Jim Herrman person?
CypressMidWest is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 08:16 AM
  #105  
sg1
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (79)
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,262
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Who is this Jim Herrman person?
The same old guy from years ago...

I watched him "blow out" numerous times....
sg1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.