Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q2 or GTX and why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Q2 or GTX and why?

I have a Q2, works flawlessly. I use it in 12th scale onroad. I am planing on either buying a Q2 or a GTX tomorrow and need some help. It is going in a 12th oval.

Has anyone heard of them poping? I know whent he GT7 first came out they were horrible, but what about this one?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If your happy with the Q2 and your running 12th in onroad and oval why not have another Q2 so u can have similar electronics in both. As well your knowlege of the one cars ESC could be easily passed on to the other car.

I own 2 different ESC i would much rather have 2 of the same
Old 12-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Rookie

i have given up on novak, after using the gtx and blowing up 2 modified motors and with about 2 minutes to go in the heat the thing cuts off. i may have gotten a bad speed control but ive heard of other people having problems like this with the gtx. I think you will have better success with the quantum or quantum 2 they been around for years and is still going strong.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

both are excellent esc!!!! and both have flaws!!!

Q2----- if you hook it up backwards it fries right away, the wires that come out if it should be more durable, suck as if the switch wire brakes off, and the defalt is to stay off rather then stay on. As what happened to both of my esc the switch wire broke off in side the supposed sealed unit and then ya screwed.....

GTX------- Another sweet esc loads of punch, tiny and easy to program...... BUT the case is too fragile. I know of at least 4 people not including myself That have cracked, or as in my case severly totaled the translusent outer cover......

Ya think they woul do better R&D in these items.... But lets face it it they were perfect and never broke they would go out of business
Old 12-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by CHawkins
i have given up on novak, after using the gtx and blowing up 2 modified motors and with about 2 minutes to go in the heat the thing cuts off. i may have gotten a bad speed control but ive heard of other people having problems like this with the gtx. I think you will have better success with the quantum or quantum 2 they been around for years and is still going strong.
All i can think is you were using the wrong program, and regarding the cases i think they have fixed the issue now.

I have a LRP 7.1 anyway, its bigger but the thing is invincible!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

I have heard numerous complaints about the Q2 frying