R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-13-2004, 09:45 PM   #31
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)
Default Have you ever noticed...

...that the drivers who bitch the loudest/most persistently about the job the corners are doing are typically the guys who are the last ones to get out on the track when THEY'RE supposed to corner (if they show at all) and do the crapiest job of cornering (usually because they're bs'ing with their buds). This phenomenon holds true in slot racing as well, so R/C'ers aren't alone.

Couple cornering observations:

You can't corner effectively with your hands in your pockets. Just remember what one of my first bosses told me..."one hand in pocket--feeling happy. Two hands in pockets--feeling nuts".

You can't corner effectively from a chair. Period. If you cannot stand upright for 5-8 minutes at a stretch you're in the wrong hobby. Especially if a fat tub like me can do it. Obviously, if someone is wheelchair bound allowances need to be made to the above.

Scottrik
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:04 AM   #32
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Our track actually put together a Corner's Code. We call our marshals "Corner" or "Marshal". I'll try to find it and post it.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:56 PM   #33
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I had a marshal toss my Delphi down in front of another car today. Loved it!
Old 12-17-2004, 06:02 AM   #34
Tech Rookie

It seems odd that the one racer that is always yelling at the marshals for not being quick enough, is the one person that as a race director I have to remind after every race that he is in that he needs to be out there marshaling.
If he bothered to marshal than he might appreciate what they are doing for him. (Which is on a regular basis with his driving and lapping style, "I'm comming through you, not round you, is his preferred method.")
Tamiya Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 06:16 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

To all racers out there:

When you are being marshalled DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE until the marshall is done putting your car back on track!!

I've had it happen to me too many times (and almost suck up my fingers), it is dangerous and could cause severe injuries.
ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 06:19 AM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by ddesros2
To all racers out there:

When you are being marshalled DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE until the marshall is done putting your car back on track!!

I've had it happen to me too many times (and almost suck up my fingers), it is dangerous and could cause severe injuries.
Hi,

At my club when you use the trottle while your car is carried by a marshall will cost you a stop-and-go and sometimes even an DQ!

Plus: Having full trottle while your car is just on track has no use! Don't do this. Be kind to the marshalls, they make it possible to race!!!!!

Thomas
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 06:56 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Hi there

This is what the bigscalers in germany do when it comes to marshalling

Every driver has his buddy or pitman to put the car back on the track, they stand all at the pitlane and when a driver goes off track his 'own' pitman runs off to put the car on the track.
There are no marshalls spread around the track 'guarding' there piece of tarmac.
disadvantage: In a heat with bad drivers, a lot off pitmen are running on the track, It takes longer to get put back upright.

Advantage: no 'innocent' marshalls being yelled at, people will drive better (more carefull to not crash) because it takes longer to get back on track, The pitmen know the dangers and so they are more carefull when they are running around on the track.

At clubraces we run all classes at the same day 1/10th electric (pancar and touring) 1/10th gas, 1/8th, bigscale (1/5th touring and 1/6th trucks) In the netherlands we always have marshalls around the track, but i came tell you this: Marshalling bigscale sure gets scary sometimes. Ever see a bigscale flying OVER a 4 feet high fence??? Almost hit a 6 feet tall guy at the head!!! missing him at about 1 INCH!!

In my opinion letting a 14 y/o rookie doing marshalling during a biscale heat is way to dangerous, same counts for 1/8th.

My 2 cents

did'nt really post some good tips about marshalling, but you get the picture BE EXTREMELY CAREFULL !!!!!!!!

Thanks