R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-11-2004, 12:35 AM   #16
Tech Adept

What do you guys recon about the new Tekin g-10 pro?
adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:29 AM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Keyence are not one of the main stream companies so you won't see alot of them but, ask those who have used them. I will be surprised if you can find anyone who has changed to something else for any lack of performance.

I have been recommending them to anyone who asks and they are all very happy.

The only feature they don't have is the varible freq that the ko has. apart from that they can do anything as good or better than any other speedie.

Give it a try, you won't be dissapointed.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:51 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by psbarger
Just out of curiousity since alot of people are mentioning the Keyence, whats it do thats so special?
it says hello.....................altho i say gtx is better
pink pac man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:36 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think this question does not have a definitive answer. It has alot to do with the region you live in and personel preference. At the three tracks in my area you see nothing but LRP Q2's and Novak GTX's. Thats it. But if you walk into the three local hobby shops all you will see is LRP and NOVAK speedos, so I guess it has to do with what companies your lhs has choosen to support. As for myself I have always run LRP Q and Q2's.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:44 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to Racin_James Send a message via AIM to Racin_James

Everyone says no one will be disapointed with a Keyence. I gave my rapida pro 3 weeks to show itself off. I always went back to my Quantum comp 1. It has always been faster. The Keyence even though has .00023 on-resistance, It doesn't seem to have much rip off turns. So, I sold mine. I am either going to buy a GTX, or a QC2.
Racin_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:51 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

James I would say it was the profile or settings you used.
Punch is NO problem with the Keyence line I can assure you of that.

Tekin G10Pro +-Due to this company going out of buisness late 90's,early 2000 it will take some time for them to build up their name with the newbies.I will tell you that anyone that has ever touched a Tekin Product of the past pretty much LOVED them.
The new G10 is excellent and the most verstatile and easy to setup esc there is.Fuse protected and solder post for new wire.
May seem big in size but by the time you mount a GT7 and cap next to each other the Tekin is SMALLER and I personally think performs better.
The original designer of Tekin left everyone else guessing.Exceptional designs and idea's.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:04 AM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by TexRacer

The original designer of Tekin left everyone else guessing.Exceptional designs and idea's.

Is it true that the main designer of the original Tekins works for Novak now??
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 09:21 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Where did you get that info?That is as wrong as wrong can be.
Kevin the old owner of Tekin hasnt been in the R/C industry the last 3 yrs.
So the answer is NO.
He wouldnt allow a company he worked for to put out some of the CRAP novak has allowed to go out.Gt7's and while better still have alot of issue's.
He HATED caps and diode's being on the outside of the esc.
Not a HUGE fan of novak at all.Lets give people the false idea that everything we have is small.
OH WAIT There is this HUGE cap almost the size of the esc or bigger you have to put somewhere because we didnt put it on the inside.lol.
That was his thoughts and quite funny and I actually agree.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:34 AM   #24
Tech Master

Default 1/12 asphalt setup

would anyone post baseline setups for outdoor asphalt 1/12, need info on tire selection,and chassis setup difference from carpet. getting a jump on springtime.

sorry wrong thread
busman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 09:51 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Busman you might want to post this in the 1/12th thread you will get the answers you are looking for.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 11:40 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

Origionally I looked at the KO VF1 and Keyance.

Leaning Heavy on the VF1.

I was having a hard time getting the crowebar in my wallet and ended buying a used Tekin G10 for $67 on ebay. Needless to say I now have a G10pro+.

I never ever had a problem with Tekin, if I did it was my fault.

As far as Novak Orange power. I will never run those pieces of #$%@! again in my sedan. The Cyclones and GT7 have been a nightmare. They have enough of my money in customer service. I have noticed over the years with "Orange Power" you can lose 5/10ths on your laptimes and not even know you lost 5/10ths. The only thing they have going for them is clever advertising, good customer service and support. I would rather try a 3 step resistor coil setup driven by a servo before ever thinking about a Novak again.

I do have a GM V12XC. Its a good ESC but for my application with sedan it is very limiting and useless. It would be a good one for low traction environments.

Like anything else everyone has an opinion and good or bad experiences on a paticular brand. Sometimes it is user error and other times it is a Inferior brand. The Tekin has opened my eyes showing me I don't need a $200++ Esc to be competitive.
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:17 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Dragonfire......what variable Freq are you refering to.........Drive?.....Brake?.....?

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 03:21 AM   #28
Suspended

Default m

A-Ko
YES i had gt7 ran a 7 double motor and four minutes into the race it caught on fire
Safe SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 08:32 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

Quote:
Originally posted by A-Ko
Origionally I looked at the KO VF1 and Keyance.

Leaning Heavy on the VF1.

I was having a hard time getting the crowebar in my wallet and ended buying a used Tekin G10 for $67 on ebay. Needless to say I now have a G10pro+.

I never ever had a problem with Tekin, if I did it was my fault.

As far as Novak Orange power. I will never run those pieces of #$%@! again in my sedan. The Cyclones and GT7 have been a nightmare. They have enough of my money in customer service. I have noticed over the years with "Orange Power" you can lose 5/10ths on your laptimes and not even know you lost 5/10ths. The only thing they have going for them is clever advertising, good customer service and support. I would rather try a 3 step resistor coil setup driven by a servo before ever thinking about a Novak again.

I do have a GM V12XC. Its a good ESC but for my application with sedan it is very limiting and useless. It would be a good one for low traction environments.

Like anything else everyone has an opinion and good or bad experiences on a paticular brand. Sometimes it is user error and other times it is a Inferior brand. The Tekin has opened my eyes showing me I don't need a $200++ Esc to be competitive.

Back in the day, I was a big fan of Tekin products and still am. As TexRacer said, you don't have to put a big cap or diodes on these speedos.

These speedos were before their time and i'm hoping they will make it back strong for all of the new racers to see what we had back years ago.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:44 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Tex-Racer

you have a pm.....thanks!

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com