R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #31
Tech Regular

I have this one from Hard Racing. I own several hauler bags and this is without any doubt the best one I have come across.

It is very rigid and sturdy. It will hold a 1/10 touring car with most of the normal accessories.

http://www.hard-racing.com/productio...8931&pageNum=1
Old 12-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've got the ProTek 1/8 Scale bag. Only issue is the top drawer was messed up, it was banged up, it didn't seem to be cut correctly, and the support rails didn't fit it. The other drawers were all fine. I haven't called AMain about that, but I'm pretty sure they'd take care of me if I did.

When staring at it deciding what to do, I realized that if I just don't use the top drawer, I can just slide my Plano parts boxes in endwise, fitting two of the shallow ones stacked, and one of the deep ones next to it. Then there's still room to put my TC's with tires but without body on top of them. Works quite nicely, since the parts boxes wouldn't fit well in any of the drawers.

It's got sturdy plates that go vertically in the sides, and drawer guides that seem to work well. Materials seem solid. Sometimes the lower right drawer gets caught on the wheel when I push it in crooked, but that's no big deal. The tool tray is perhaps a bit lacking, but it has a deep tray on one side that's the perfect width for my corners scales, digital caliper, and the tool tray I pull out to put on the pit bench.

Overall I'm happy with it. Once I get my stuff sorted out better, it should have plenty of room. Right now I've got a lot of misc junk I just threw in the drawers.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've had a few over the years, most recently the Epic T8 Hauler. It's for sale now.

Great bag and the quality is the same as any of the clones (Protek, etc), my issue is the thing seems like it weighs 10lbs unloaded...

I used one of these years ago and I'm back to it again. Absolutely the best way to get back and forth to the track and travel with.

For the price you can get a couple and dedicate them to chassis or classes. I have my 1/8th buggy outdoor stuff packed in one in the garage right now, and am currently using one for winter carpet onroad. When seasons switch, I just put one tote away, and bring the other one out.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Contico-St...ndingMethod=rr

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finally got around to taking pictures:

3 cars, 4 chargers, 1 power supply & panel, tool box, parts box, screw boxes, tires, radio, 2 car stands, soldering iron and stand, tool pouch, temp gun, DVM, calipers, towel, manuals and more.
Attached Thumbnails
Hauler bags-salomonbag.jpg   Hauler bags-salomoncontents.jpg  

Last edited by AreCee; 12-11-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Post pictures
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #35
Tech Adept

You can take a look at the ones I make.They come in different sizes,and there made in america.I also race electirc offroad,and I own a upholstery business.There easy and affordable. www.bigdsrcs.com check them out.I also can embroider your name on your bag.Thanks Dennis
Old 12-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #36
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Those are sweet bags! I have often wanted to put my SC in something to "contain" the muck before it goes into my hauler.

Nice! Might have to get an order together here :-)
jedijawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #37
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 quick sc10 View Post
You can take a look at the ones I make.They come in different sizes,and there made in america.I also race electirc offroad,and I own a upholstery business.There easy and affordable. www.bigdsrcs.com check them out.I also can embroider your name on your bag.Thanks Dennis

i do not see where you offer pit haulers. did i miss it?

insanity takes it's toll...please have exact change
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you travel a lot, check out PacSafe. They make some really cool stuff for keeping your equipment secure.

Like I mentioned before, I use the Contico trunk carriers from Wal-Mart. I just picked up a PacSafe luggage strap to secure the bin in flight. It a combo lock that is TSA approved so only the combination holder (me) and the TSA can open the bin to inspect the contents. The buckle indicates on the front if they have done so, pretty sweet for only $25.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

If you are going not by air, they a the F8 (TM) is a great product. You can remove the tool area at the top, your setup board on the back side and your radio can clip on the side. I can haul 2 1/10 cars, but no body on them. Standing on the side...

If you travel via air, then Contico trunk carriers is the way to go. I do not lock until the TSA, then I zip tie it on the spot after they are finished. Haulers get messed up by the handlers on that load the planes... I have not seen them tear up a Contico trunk.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote