Wiki Posts
Search

Hauler bags

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
The Team Epic T8 is larger than the T10.

T8 = 1/8 scale
T10 = 1/10 sacle
Yes I know, but I still had to carry an extra bag with the T8, my extra bag had enough room to fit the overflow that wouldn't fit into the T10 bag, therefor the extra bulk of the T8 wasn't worth the fact that I still had to carry two bags. I could save room with the T10
Old 11-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So I looked at a bag last night and it looks like I wont be able to fit two tenth scale cars in the top drawer. They would fit if I stored them on their sides however. This seems like a bad idea to me. Do you think it would hurt the cars to be stored on their sides?

The wing tote bag, can the middle drawer be converted to a wide drawer like many of the other bags?
Old 11-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
So I looked at a bag last night and it looks like I wont be able to fit two tenth scale cars in the top drawer. They would fit if I stored them on their sides however. This seems like a bad idea to me. Do you think it would hurt the cars to be stored on their sides?

The wing tote bag, can the middle drawer be converted to a wide drawer like many of the other bags?
If they're nitro then empty the tank so fuel doesn't spill out and plug the exhaust. If electric, remove the battery so the electrons don't spill out.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AreCee
remove the battery so the electrons don't spill out.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If electric, remove the battery so the electrons don't spill out.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

So the Local shop got one of these in and the cars DO NOT fit on the side. (No worries about the electrons spilling out and staining everything).

So it looks as if nne of the bags will fit two touring cars without modifications, darn. You'd think that I am not the only racer looking for a hauler bag to accomodate 2 tenth scale touring cars. I have seen the car carriers with just the boxes for cars but I want to stay away frm those at this point.

So, it looks like I will be modifying a 180 dollar bag to get them to work.

Got a change to look at a T8...not the bag for me. It is very worn out and wobbly. Feels real flimsy like it could tip over with any kinda weight in it.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Like I said I use a ski duffle bag, the king you put a boot on each side of the main compartment. I manage to carry 2 1/10 cars, a 1/12 scale car, three chargers and a power supply, solder station, calipers, tools, spare parts for the three cars, tires, traction compund, two car stands, DVM, shock oils, lubes, gloves, towel, power distribution box, radio, manuals, aspirin, Spare batteries and a lipo sack.

It balances nicely with the shoulder strap, fits easily in any trunk and still has room for more.

The bag is labeled Salomon (same as the skis and boots) but other brands have these as well and cost about $70. Mine is over twenty years old, has been to the Canadian Rockies, Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada and Europe and is stll holding up except for a small hole and one lost foot (the little rubber things on the bottom) but there are still four only the middle one came off.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Like I said I use a ski duffle bag, the king you put a boot on each side of the main compartment. I manage to carry 2 1/10 cars, a 1/12 scale car, three chargers and a power supply, solder station, calipers, tools, spare parts for the three cars, tires, traction compund, two car stands, DVM, shock oils, lubes, gloves, towel, power distribution box, radio, manuals, aspirin, Spare batteries and a lipo sack.

It balances nicely with the shoulder strap, fits easily in any trunk and still has room for more.

The bag is labeled Salomon (same as the skis and boots) but other brands have these as well and cost about $70. Mine is over twenty years old, has been to the Canadian Rockies, Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada and Europe and is stll holding up except for a small hole and one lost foot (the little rubber things on the bottom) but there are still four only the middle one came off.
I'd like to see a pic with all that stuffed in there is you don't mind.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mera'din
I'd like to see a pic with all that stuffed in there is you don't mind.
Sure as soon as I get a chance to empty it out and get a camera.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have a racers edge bag and i just got alittle shelf from target and cut it down in height to just height of car with no body and i get 2 cars no tires and wheels or bodies on but get them in no prob and pack everything in bag all the trinkets even tirewarmers , only hting that doesnt fit is a bodies and all tires and wheels
Old 12-07-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Cool, can you post up some pics?
Old 12-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have been using a Wingtote for a couple years, the bag has held up well but I do have a couple issues eith the bag. The Wingtote bag is wider than it is deep, which makes it a bit difficult to get in and out of tight pit areas. The location of the wheels require you to hold the bag as you push the drawers in, otherwise you end up chasing the bag around as it rolls away from you.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hauler bags are weak and fall apart. Real men use gun/video/camera cases - http://www.racerlog.com/wiki/Travel_...r#Checked_Bags
Old 12-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

For the cars I use..
http://www.bing.com/shopping/associa...0bag&FORM=HURE

I have a T10 I use for on road since I race on flat hard surfaces.. I have had the zippers replaced with some HD ones and the best $50 you can spend..

For the gear and/or traveling I am using an Ogio 9800
http://ogio.com/rig-9800-le-mig-1079

If I were to get another hauler to replace the T10, Racer's Edge or the Wingtote.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Might be cool..

http://www.twintip-rc.com/lang-en/16-t-wheels-700.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.