Search
Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DamageNZ
Hey guys,

I have the Exotek F1R, and having trouble with the rear side damper. The threads keep stripping and the top cap (hope that's right?) twists slightly which makes the damper crooked.

Is there another suitable damper out there I could replace this with?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
I've mounted the Tamiya sida damper tube instead, it stays in one piece and it works
Old 12-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fran
Hey Aaron, where do you suggest running my shortie battery, you've raced at our track in Camarillo. It's med grip and a little bumpy.
I've been running my battery (shortie) all the way back in my V2 with a Exotek chassis, but I built a F1R2 with the IFS. Thanks!
Hey hows it going!! I run the battery between the receiver and the esc. My front to rear weight bias is 45% front and 55% rear. The battery in the middle will keep the entire car planted and stable through bumps. Honestly the most important thing is your weight bias.

Let me know if you need any help getting your car all setup! Camarillo is an awesome track. Hopefully this picture helps to describe my electronics setup
Aaron
Attached Thumbnails Exotek F1R-photo-3-.jpg  
Old 12-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DamageNZ
Hey guys,

I have the Exotek F1R, and having trouble with the rear side damper. The threads keep stripping and the top cap (hope that's right?) twists slightly which makes the damper crooked.

Is there another suitable damper out there I could replace this with?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
the suggestion of a tamiya damper tube would solve the problem you're having. if you really like the stock damper though, I believe it is just an associated damper from the old 12th scale car. I'm sure Associated would still carry them as another option for replacing the old one.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tudor_47
I've mounted the Tamiya sida damper tube instead, it stays in one piece and it works
Hey Guys,

Thanks very much, that's great! I'll try out the Tamiya and see how I go!

Thanks again
Old 12-15-2014, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Aaron,
Which ESC are you running? I can't see it on my phone.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Aaron,
Which ESC are you running? I can't see it on my phone.
I am running the lrp sxx v2 esc. With the updated board its basically just a lrp flow. So technically a flow inside of an old sxx v2 case haha

Aaron
Old 12-16-2014, 12:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Will then F1R2 be for sale as a kit with the new front end?
Old 12-16-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Calling all F1R2 fans out there!!!!

F1rc.net is having their annual f1 car of the year award! It would be great to show just how many people support this car all over the world with your vote! Especially now With the new front suspension I really believe we drive one of the most developed and well thought out f1 chassis.

http://www.f1rc.net/2014/12/16/f1-rc-car-year-2014/

Let's all support Mike and acknowledge all the hard work he puts into giving us the best equipment possible
It's hammer time!!
Aaron
Old 12-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Who's got pics of their front ends!? Mine is due to arrive this week, hopefully in time to test this weekend.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
If the inside of my rear tires lift on turns, what is causing that setup wise?

Follow up question is what setup changes and in what order would you try to curb that from happening?

Thank you,

Ivan
hi Ivan!

I'm sorry I missed your question on the forum... I am assuming that you are running on carpet where the grip is extremely high. what side springs and oil are you running?

Typically that is caused by the rear pod is either reacting too slowly or too quickly when transferring weight in the corners. the key is to find the right balance of side spring and damper oil where the car is always stable but has as much corner speed as you can handle. On carpet I go to a softer spring than on asphalt (black associated spring on carpet, silver on asphalt)

-when the pod reacts too quickly it maxes out the suspension too fast and the remaining weight of the car not being absorbed by the suspension is then transferred into lifting up the inside tire.

-when the pod reacts too slowly (side spring or more often the oil is too thick) the car will not transfer enough weight in the corner and this will cause the car to lock up in the rear end and can also cause the car to lift the inside rear tire.

I typically always run 10k oil in my rear dampers. One setup tip that i have recently figured out is to lower the inside ball-studs of the dampers 2mm to level them in the car it really stabilizes the car and made a bigger difference than i thought!

Aaron
Old 12-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Also, anyone run the exotek widening kit? Think the new ifs will help calm the car and make it more stable in cornering, on and off power?
Old 12-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38
Also, anyone run the exotek widening kit? Think the new ifs will help calm the car and make it more stable in cornering, on and off power?
I am running my car standard width. But having almost a year of testing on the new front end I can honestly say that the car turns nothing like an F1 car! it turns more fluidly and doesn't have that weird "hop" in the front that is stereotypical of F1 chassis. The car travels over bumps and wont upset the car during cornering.

The biggest improvement I've also seen is on carpet. My car will not traction roll. the linear progression of the suspension mellows out the front end yet still allows it to rotate through the corner. This is all achieved through droop and the linear progression of an A-arm type of suspension. The car now also has the capability to adjust geometry like camber gain and bump-steer which all adds to the overall performance of the chassis.

Aaron
Old 12-16-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Ok, so medium bite Carpet. What's your camber and caster and toe and etc settings? I am willing to take the widening kit off and try the old famous Blue front steering blocks, in line or trailing. Currently, car is wide, and copper side springs, silver front kingpin screws, and neon orange shock spring. 4mm height all around. Pit 571/572.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charl
Will then F1R2 be for sale as a kit with the new front end?
Hi, No plans to combine these into 1 package. The F1R2 and upper arms have been available for a few years so most are picking up the IFS sets only.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Talk to Brad at f1paintlab. He can hook ya up with whatever combo you want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.