Search
Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38
Ok, I guess just looked a bit different on the site. Thought it might have included the adjustable front arms or something
Where you gonna race this Quick Swift?
Old 03-13-2014, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
A bit of sticky anti wear grease or just a 'smidge' of blue thread lock should take care of that.
Thanks for that advise and for coming on here to help out. You make some awesome products.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

When is this new ifs due out for the f1r2?
Old 03-14-2014, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, I need some help with electronics layout on my f1r2. Trying to get it ready for the weekend.

Car will be raced on outdoor asphalt (med grip). I have a shorty Lipo, Novak edge, and airtronics receiver. I don't have the wings for electronics either, and I'm hoping for a solution that doesn't need them.

Should the shortly be used forwards or rearwards? And, if forwards I can't seem to figure out a layout that will fit the body without stacking the receiver on top of the esc?

If anyone's got some example pics that would be great.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My f104x1 is being run without the side wings either.
I have the shorty battery all the way back.
ESC in front of the battery.
Receiver on top of the battery in front of the center shock.
Transponder on the left side of the battery vertically affixed with double sided tape.

I charge the battery in the car.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

I ended up running battery forward, Esc in the rear, and using the little cf plate that came with the x1 that mounts at the back of the front arms to put the receiver on. It's not ideal for CG, but the receiver is light so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wollow86
I ended up running battery forward, Esc in the rear, and using the little cf plate that came with the x1 that mounts at the back of the front arms to put the receiver on. It's not ideal for CG, but the receiver is light so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I ran bettery all the way forward last week and the car lost too much turn in. The weight was too much for my front end to handle. I am trying full back position tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Car was pretty good yesterday. Had a lot of mid to exit push on power push. Pushed through the sweeper too I less I got my line exactly right I couldn't hold full power through it. High speed off power entry was very responsive, so much I used a little steering expo to settle the car down on the straight and entry.

The pod has heaps of droop. I got the damper on an f104x1, and it was built with a single o ring. I added two more before it seemed to have an effect on pod droop.

I also went to a stiffer centre spring to try and get more on power steering. It didn't help.

The car is built to kit, 104 wheelbase, mp4-24 body and wings, battery about 10mm back from full front on shorty Lipo, 30wt center damper, originally tried 30k on damper tubes (I didn't have the 100k specified in the manual) I did try to mix a dab of 300k on the tubes with the 30k, but I didn't get to run that as it rained out.

Running ride R1s.

Ive ordered some 100k damper lube, front spring set, associated side springs in black and green, an exotek spur with the 3mm diff balls. I've also got some pit 571 and 572s on order with the new tuning haus rims.

I'm not new to pan car racing, but I didn't need to do a lot with my 12r5.2 so I haven't learned a lot with tuning them. Am I right in thinking centre spring, and tube dampening have a lot to do with adding on power steering? Or should I be looking somewhere else?
Old 03-17-2014, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Car was pretty good yesterday. Had a lot of mid to exit push on power push. Pushed through the sweeper too I less I got my line exactly right I couldn't hold full power through it. High speed off power entry was very responsive, so much I used a little steering expo to settle the car down on the straight and entry.

The pod has heaps of droop. I got the damper on an f104x1, and it was built with a single o ring. I added two more before it seemed to have an effect on pod droop.

I also went to a stiffer centre spring to try and get more on power steering. It didn't help.

The car is built to kit, 104 wheelbase, mp4-24 body and wings, battery about 10mm back from full front on shorty Lipo, 30wt center damper, originally tried 30k on damper tubes (I didn't have the 100k specified in the manual) I did try to mix a dab of 300k on the tubes with the 30k, but I didn't get to run that as it rained out.

Running ride R1s.

Ive ordered some 100k damper lube, front spring set, associated side springs in black and green, an exotek spur with the 3mm diff balls. I've also got some pit 571 and 572s on order with the new tuning haus rims.

I'm not new to pan car racing, but I didn't need to do a lot with my 12r5.2 so I haven't learned a lot with tuning them. Am I right in thinking centre spring, and tube dampening have a lot to do with adding on power steering? Or should I be looking somewhere else?
I think you might be going the wrong way. I know what you're thinking because that seems like the right way for me too: if you want the rear to rotate more, go stiffer. But I think the fast guys will (hopefully) come on here and tell you different. I listened to them and went much faster more comfortably. I would say get rid of that droop: I used a number of o-rings inside as limiters to pull the droop out. And Mike from Exotek has argued on here to go softer (fluorescent red Tamiya spring) on the shock. I believe he's said it allows the car to "spool up" on throttle.

You might want to put the Pits on and get them scrubbed in before coming to judgment: find your new baseline and go from there. But I am pretty sure you'll want to shoot for ~1mm of pod droop with a soft spring and ~20 wt inside. It will get really, really good.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pipe Killer
I think you might be going the wrong way. I know what you're thinking because that seems like the right way for me too: if you want the rear to rotate more, go stiffer. But I think the fast guys will (hopefully) come on here and tell you different. I listened to them and went much faster more comfortably. I would say get rid of that droop: I used a number of o-rings inside as limiters to pull the droop out. And Mike from Exotek has argued on here to go softer (fluorescent red Tamiya spring) on the shock. I believe he's said it allows the car to "spool up" on throttle.

You might want to put the Pits on and get them scrubbed in before coming to judgment: find your new baseline and go from there. But I am pretty sure you'll want to shoot for ~1mm of pod droop with a soft spring and ~20 wt inside. It will get really, really good.
Yeah your right, I was thinking along the lines of weight transfer. Stiffer center spring would mean more weight over the front tyres

In the photos I posted above you can see the spring I started with. It's a fluro red tamiya mini spring. Is that the spring I should be using?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Running ride R1s.

The Rides always pushed bad for us as well. Not sure if they have produced a grippier front tire yet but I used to have to remove some of the belts to generate more front bite. In the end the Shimizu tires are the defacto tires to get on Podium in our highly competitive circles Before completely losing your set up try the Shimizus.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Congratulations goes out to Aaron Lane for winning Saturdays UF1 finale to wrap up the Winter UF1 points and take the overall UF1 Championship!
Attached Thumbnails Exotek F1R-uf1.jpg  

Last edited by MikeR; 03-17-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

The Rides always pushed bad for us as well. Not sure if they have produced a grippier front tire yet but I used to have to remove some of the belts to generate more front bite. In the end the Shimizu tires are the defacto tires to get on Podium in our highly competitive circles Before completely losing your set up try the Shimizus.
Thanks Mike. I'll throw the pits on when they arrive and go from there :-). Only reason I started with the rides is the 2nd hand donor x1 came with them.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congratulations goes out to Aaron Lane for winning Saturdays UF1 finale to wrap up the Winter UF1 points and take the overall UF1 Championship!
Mike,
You have email.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

has anyone bent the bulkhead opposite the motor mount , my bent right where the screw hole for the fan . I didn't even hit any thing hard I think this is a weak point
Attached Thumbnails Exotek F1R-iphone-184.jpg   Exotek F1R-iphone-185.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.