http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6732
Old 12-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thank you
Old 12-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Don't the threads on the 3 x 35mm screw cut into the pivot balls over time?
Old 12-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXN077&P=7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-FGX-...item2a49d728ec

These look like they may work too. I think the stock king pins are 33.4mm long. I might get one of those but still setting up my front end. Lot of trial and error shimming, instructions was not a good starting reference. Just need to see if my steering link has enough clearance before I try a shorter kingpin.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dan
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXN077&P=7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-FGX-...item2a49d728ec

These look like they may work too. I think the stock king pins are 33.4mm long. I might get one of those but still setting up my front end. Lot of trial and error shimming, instructions was not a good starting reference. Just need to see if my steering link has enough clearance before I try a shorter kingpin.
Hi Dan,

Those would indeed work as well.
What are you trying to get your car to do differently?

Aaron
Old 12-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Nah, just throwing it out there for initial setup for anyone else thinking of getting it. I eventually just screwed in most of the ball connector for the shock since at 39mm length, it was already nearly coming off the threads. Re-corrected the ride height by playing around with shimming top/bottom of the steering knuckle.

I still have the aluminum Tamiya uprights in case I want to go trailing, those are even shorter, so instead of having a stack of spacers, I can just use a slightly shorter kingpin.

Overall the front end suspension action is smoooooth. I wish I can slap this on my Street Jam F1 for the ultimate in suspension smoothness.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dan
Nah, just throwing it out there for initial setup for anyone else thinking of getting it. I eventually just screwed in most of the ball connector for the shock since at 39mm length, it was already nearly coming off the threads. Re-corrected the ride height by playing around with shimming top/bottom of the steering knuckle.

I still have the aluminum Tamiya uprights in case I want to go trailing, those are even shorter, so instead of having a stack of spacers, I can just use a slightly shorter kingpin.

Overall the front end suspension action is smoooooth. I wish I can slap this on my Street Jam F1 for the ultimate in suspension smoothness.
I am actually messing with trailing spindles right now and I've really been liking the way that the car transitions from corner to corner!
Old 12-31-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

I put EXOTEK F104 ADJUSTABLE FRONT ARM SET #1205 (ordered from RCMART) on my F1R today and I found a significant loose between turnbuckles and alloy arms for setting caster. I can shift turnbuckle inside and out about 0.5mm and bend whole arm up and down approx 3mm.
I tried to apply blue thread lock inside alloy part, helped a bit, but connection is still not tight. Looks like thread inside alloy part is for turnbuckles with larger diameter.
Is it "feature" or "issue"?
Thanks for advice.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by monkeyracing.cz
I put EXOTEK F104 ADJUSTABLE FRONT ARM SET #1205 (ordered from RCMART) on my F1R today and I found a significant loose between turnbuckles and alloy arms for setting caster. I can shift turnbuckle inside and out about 0.5mm and bend whole arm up and down approx 3mm.
I tried to apply blue thread lock inside alloy part, helped a bit, but connection is still not tight. Looks like thread inside alloy part is for turnbuckles with larger diameter.
Thanks for advice.
hello! I use a couple revolutions of nylon plumbing tape around the turnbuckle to ensure that there is no play. Like you said, lock tight will help but not be the solution. with the tape my links have no slop and have lasted quite a while without touching the tape

Aaron
Old 12-31-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I just put together the IFS and F104 Adjustable front arm set on my F1R2 chassis last nite.

I followed the two separate instructions (1 for the IFS and 1 for the F104 Adjustable Arms) to the T and I noticed with the standard settings for the Adjustable Arms (71mm for caster arms and 62 mm for the camber arms) that the camber comes out at about negative 8-9 degrees! I had to massively wind out the camber arms to get my desired camber angle of negative one degree. Now by winding out the camber I realised that I must have effected the caster settings as well. I'm not sure if this normal or if I have done something wrong here. Plus I don't have anything to measure caster.

Does anyone by chance have the length measurements for the caster and camber arms for the IFS + Adjustable Front arms setup?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Exotek F1R-image1.jpg   Exotek F1R-image2.jpg   Exotek F1R-image3.jpg  
Old 01-01-2015, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How does the lower mounting hole that hangs down under the lower arm of the IFS set affect ground clearance? Everytime I see pictures it concerns me that it might rub...
Old 01-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bee200sx
Hey guys,

I just put together the IFS and F104 Adjustable front arm set on my F1R2 chassis last nite.

I followed the two separate instructions (1 for the IFS and 1 for the F104 Adjustable Arms) to the T and I noticed with the standard settings for the Adjustable Arms (71mm for caster arms and 62 mm for the camber arms) that the camber comes out at about negative 8-9 degrees! I had to massively wind out the camber arms to get my desired camber angle of negative one degree. Now by winding out the camber I realised that I must have effected the caster settings as well. I'm not sure if this normal or if I have done something wrong here. Plus I don't have anything to measure caster.

Does anyone by chance have the length measurements for the caster and camber arms for the IFS + Adjustable Front arms setup?

Thanks.
I can measure them for you when I get back from vacation late tonight! The interactions/lengths for the upper arms are based off of the original tamiya suspension so they will not be correct for the IFS

Aaron
Old 01-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by luda
How does the lower mounting hole that hangs down under the lower arm of the IFS set affect ground clearance? Everytime I see pictures it concerns me that it might rub...
I can double check and measure the distance to the groud for you. But in over 6 months of running ptoduction molds I have never scraped an arm either indoor carpet or an asphalt

Aaron
Old 01-01-2015, 03:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

new IFS:
I'm kinda confused as to the spindle shimming for pit tires and 5mm ride height
Mike says 1mm under spindle, and shows in his pic, and Aaron says 3mm under.

how many mm TOTAL shims and how many mm of those under the spindle??

Also for damper end spares it looks like the 3racing ball ends come in 15mm,13mm and 16mm my IFS kit ones look like 15mm is that correct?

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1945
or
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=4681
Old 01-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Happy New Year all!
Sorry I have been away this week. I have been away with family for the holidays.

Originally Posted by bee200sx
Hey guys,

Thanks.
Hi, You must adjust final castor by using a caster gauge. Good tools equals good results Also the instruction diagram is not to scale so you cannot just match the part to the picture (no room) so that could be why yours are so short?

This simple gauge will work for you;
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2726

Originally Posted by luda
Same height as the wheel so as long as you use tires you will be ok lol.

Originally Posted by monkeyracing.cz
Thanks for advice.
Hi,
3mm is a lot of deflection and really not possible I think. Are you sure you meant .3mm movement? Mine have some play but no issue really. It is the tolerance needed so that metal thread can screw into metal thread.

Originally Posted by JayL
new IFS:
I'm kinda confused as to the spindle shimming for pit tires and 5mm ride height
Mike says 1mm under spindle, and shows in his pic, and Aaron says 3mm under.

how many mm TOTAL shims and how many mm of those under the spindle??

Also for damper end spares it looks like the 3racing ball ends come in 15mm,13mm and 16mm my IFS kit ones look like 15mm is that correct?

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1945
or
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=4681
Hi,
As that pic shows- I used 1mm spacer above the supplied coned spacer. Maybe Aaron lost his coned spacers but he was trying to emulate my setting as he found it drove easier (higher roll center).
The included cups are 13mm short ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.